A Memory of Light official Release Date

kcf

the series is bloated. there is no way around to it even so i am looking forward to the last book. WOT series introduced me to fantasy world, i will always have a soft spot for it(i first heard of WOT from a pc game review called WOT).

• 4 weeks later...

Just an estimate. The book is months away from being put into InDesign, and we won't have a final page count until then. It won't be shorter than 864 pages, that's for sure.

Thanks for chiming in, Peter.

Can't wait...

• 6 months later...

Holy shit? A 50000 word chapter????

For RJ, NaNoWriMo was but a chance to knock out another chapter.

:read:

I have a confession: I felt like tearing up while reading Jason's letter to RJ linked above.

Holy shit? A 50000 word chapter????

Its length isn't its only major feature. Its going to have like 70 PoV shifts. Not necessarily 70 different characters (almost certainly not), but that many shifts.

This is almost certainly the Last Battle, and it looks like we'll get it from the perspective of all the major and secondary characters. Which is very exciting, since I was worried we'd see it from a few of the major character PoVs and that's it.

That's what I thought as soon as I read that aside. I figured immediately that it was this giant bonanza, mostly Jordan-penned (ie, stuff he had either completely written out, or at least explicitly outlined) crazy clusterfuck of an event. I hope that's indeed what the 50k chapter is. I fear it's simply a re-explanation of all the female characters coming back together and then chatting and braid-pulling and what not. For seventy pages. We deserve it over the last few briskly-tempo'ed Sanderson books, eh?

That's what I thought as soon as I read that aside. I figured immediately that it was this giant bonanza, mostly Jordan-penned (ie, stuff he had either completely written out, or at least explicitly outlined) crazy clusterfuck of an event. I hope that's indeed what the 50k chapter is. I fear it's simply a re-explanation of all the female characters coming back together and then chatting and braid-pulling and what not. For seventy pages. We deserve it over the last few briskly-tempo'ed Sanderson books, eh?

It seems this is indeed mostly Jordan's writing. And its almost certainly the Last Battle, though there's a small chance this may be the post battle epilogue.

Archived