Walking Dead Season 2

Young Wolf

Well, armchair critic in me says this episode was really freakin' good up until Lori got back to the farm.

Lori in danger and having to fight for her life = good. Lori safe and sitting around talking = bleagghh.

Dale is sort of a waste of space, besides being boring as hell. T-Dogg has been sadly under-used. FFS, all we even saw of him was stacking Walkers, right? When's he going to have some kind of story line? And why couldn't someone, anyone, have popped that poor guy on the ground getting his face eaten by the Walkers?

Besides these nitpicks, I really enjoyed it.

BTW, did anyone notice whether the guy Lori almost hit was a Walker?

Episodes like that can almost make me forget about the clumsy writing on the show. The great action scenes are such a contrast to the pacing, dialogue, and pretty much every other aspect of the show.

My only major (out of the ordinary) complaint was the guy Herschel shot. I know bullets must hurt, but it's not like he was paralyzed. With all the forewarning that zombies were coming, surely he could have gotten up and ran. At least the kid who got impaled on the fence had an excuse.

Episodes like that can almost make me forget about the clumsy writing on the show. The great action scenes are such a contrast to the pacing, dialogue, and pretty much every other aspect of the show.

My only major (out of the ordinary) complaint was the guy Herschel shot. I know bullets must hurt, but it's not like he was paralyzed. With all the forewarning that zombies were coming, surely he could have gotten up and ran. At least the kid who got impaled on the fence had an excuse.

? Mother fucker was shot in the chest, seems about right. Depending on the person/will that's within the realm of possibility.

I've seem some cats walking around with massive fucking traumatic injuries, and some folks who are completely unable to walk because of a stubbed toe. Different people, different reactions.

Clumsy writing? I can't get behind that one either. The pace is good, the dialog seems spot on, and the interactions between the characters are realistic.

? Mother fucker was shot in the chest, seems about right. Depending on the person/will that's within the realm of possibility.

I've seem some cats walking around with massive fucking traumatic injuries, and some folks who are completely unable to walk because of a stubbed toe. Different people, different reactions.

Clumsy writing? I can't get behind that one either. The pace is good, the dialog seems spot on, and the interactions between the characters are realistic.

I thought he got hit in the shoulder. If it was actually something more critical then his reaction was more reasonable.

If you're talking about the pacing and dialogue of just this episode then I agree, but if you mean the whole series then I don't know how you can consider it good. The first half of this season felt largely like filler to me. I mean how much was really accomplished with stuff like Glen going down the well, or Daryl wandering around looking for Sophia for several episodes until he finally got hurt?

The dialog has been okay to bad for me. And the character interactions definitely feel clumsy to me. As has been mentioned, the portrayal of the female characters feels like they're all being shown as inept or submissive. Andrea has shown strength, but it's looking like that's going to be punished by her going down in flames with Shane. And Maggie and Glen's relationship is playing out like something I'd expect from an episode of Degrassi.

I thought he got hit in the shoulder. If it was actually something more critical then his reaction was more reasonable.

If you're talking about the pacing and dialogue of just this episode then I agree, but if you mean the whole series then I don't know how you can consider it good. The first half of this season felt largely like filler to me. I mean how much was really accomplished with stuff like Glen going down the well, or Daryl wandering around looking for Sophia for several episodes until he finally got hurt?

The dialog has been okay to bad for me. And the character interactions definitely feel clumsy to me. As has been mentioned, the portrayal of the female characters feels like they're all being shown as inept or submissive. Andrea has shown strength, but it's looking like that's going to be punished by her going down in flames with Shane. And Maggie and Glen's relationship is playing out like something I'd expect from an episode of Degrassi.

I'd say the portrayal of the female characters are pretty spot on when compared to the comic books. They will eventually show growth, and when Michonne shows up the idea of an inept or submissive female in the show will be destroyed. Andrea will become one of the biggest bad asses around, and one of my favorites.

I haven't read the comic, but I'm aware of some spoilery details about it. Seeing how the show has deviated from details of the comic already makes me unsure how much we can count on things playing out the same way. But I'd be glad if the show went that route. Andrea is my favorite character on the show, so it's been annoying seeing Dale restrain her from having a gun, then when he finally relents and treats her like an adult, she immediately fucks up and shoots Daryl. Since then she's been fine, but what with her relationship with Shane, I'm not sure what her role will be when things with him finally blow up.

I enjoyed Hershel putting Shane in his place. And seeing the manipulative side of Lori certainly makes her a bit more interesting.

I loved the walker sticking his face through the car window, that was just awesome.

Did anyone catch the sneak peek that was supposed to be shown in the Comic men show?

I enjoyed Hershel putting Shane in his place. And seeing the manipulative side of Lori certainly makes her a bit more interesting.

I loved the walker sticking his face through the car window, that was just awesome.

Did anyone catch the sneak peek that was supposed to be shown in the Comic men show?

Ya, it was Shane and Rick alone. A walker approached and Shane wanted to shoot it. Rick pushed his gun down. Rick 'baited' one of the walkers with blood from his finger that he cut with his knife. The walker ran up to the fence separating them (rick, shane, and the walker), and rick stabbed it in the eye with his knife.

Dale is sort of a waste of space, besides being boring as hell. T-Dogg has been sadly under-used. FFS, all we even saw of him was stacking Walkers, right? When's he going to have some kind of story line? And why couldn't someone, anyone, have popped that poor guy on the ground getting his face eaten by the Walkers?

Darabont clearly had no idea how to develop characters over the span of a long TV show. Guys like Dale and T-Dogg (what an awful name) are almost nonexistent. Hopefully this new showrunner can find a way to pick up the pieces and turn it into a coherent show.

... and T-Dogg (what an awful name)

Yeah, IronEically they should have used his real name.

In all seriousness, he's still completely undefined. In season 2 there were entire episodes where he wasn't even on the screen, and others for only a few minutes. Maybe there's only so much time for side characters given Rick/Shane/Lori will take up the most time. Dale Daryl and Glen seemed to become fan favorites as well, and got much more screen time.

Darabont clearly had no idea how to develop characters over the span of a long TV show. Guys like Dale and T-Dogg (what an awful name) are almost nonexistent. Hopefully this new showrunner can find a way to pick up the pieces and turn it into a coherent show.

They are the equivalent of red shirts. Don't get to comfortable with them. Dale maybe, but I don't think T-Dogg is long for this world.

Not a bad episode last night. The show seems to be picking up. I am disappointed that Lori didn't get eaten, but I did like her manipulation of Rick at the end.

As for why you don't shoot the guy on the ground, it is fairly simple. He is occupying Walkers that would stop and attack you if their prey was dead. I thought it was a horrible, but very realistic choice, and I thought it gave Herschel a little more depth as a character.

So his name is T-Dogg? I've watched the show since the beginning and I didn't know that, but I'm also bad with names. I forgot he was still alive until I saw him burning some walkers with Shane. Dale was one of my favorite characters but this season he has done nothing of any importance. Last night was a pretty good episode and I hope they keep the same pace for the rest of the season. Also, Lori needs to die.

Archived