If you could ask George RR Martin one question about ASoIaF

a free shadow

I hate cliffhangers almost as much as I hate waiting.

So I'm afraid I would bypass the more philosophical questions and simply ask him:

At the end of ASOIAF, what is the state of the POV characters you've used in the story.

Since he wouldn't give any answer that would spoil anything directly, I'd probably try to ask him something that would spoil something just by him not answering the question or dodging the answer. This was the case whenever somebody asked him if Aegon Targaryen VI was dead before A Dance with Dragons came out.

So, I think I would go with: "Does Quiathe have purple eyes? Does Lemore?"

Why isn't Garlan Tyrell a PoV character, TPtWP, AAR, a secret Targ, and/or the Great Other? He needs to be at least one of these, he's too much of a BAMF not to be.

I don't know about Slaver's Bay but considering Martin recently said Victarion is "as dump as a post", I think there is a good chance he won't survive WoW.

I laughed so hard when I read that for the first time.

But a lot of other dumb characters have survived so far, so being stupid isn't necessarily a death sentence. Take Danny for example. :P

:leaving:

I laughed so hard when I read that for the first time.

But a lot of other dumb characters have survived so far, so being stupid isn't necessarily a death sentence. Take Danny for example. :P

:leaving:

Hey now, don't destroy my hopes! I've been waiting for the guy to kick it since meeting him. Surely George will give us all mercy and end the guy. :)

I'll ignore the Dany comment. ;)

I don't know about Slaver's Bay but considering Martin recently said Victarion is "as dump as a post", I think there is a good chance he won't survive WoW.

This encourages my opinion that Vicarion's chapters are supposed to be what I read them as, namely absurd and twisted black comedy.

Hey now, don't destroy my hopes! I've been waiting for the guy to kick it since meeting him. Surely George will give us all mercy and end the guy. :)

I'll ignore the Dany comment. ;)

Hear hear. But can we make it quick? Pretty please, with sugar on top?

Archived