If you were Jon... (Spoilers)

Drowsey Dragon

" Deserves to pay for all that he's done"? You make it sound like he's a hardened criminal. He's mocked Jon and the other trainees, big deal. Then he thought Jon might b traitor to the Watch, but it's not like there wasn't plenty of reasons to think that likely given the testimony that he killed Qhorin Halfhand.

I don't like Alliser Thorne, but it's not like he did anything else to Jon than mocking him IIRC. He definitely doesn't like Jon (I'm keeping in mind we are in the ASOS subforum so I try to not give away any spoilers) and I think Jon got him and Bowen Marsh discussing about the LC election before Jon was elected, suggesting Janos Slynt for LC, what would have been really bad for Jon. So if I were Jon as LC, I'd send him as far as possible to command people on another castles of the Watch, since it's pretty clear that they don't get along.

I don't like Alliser Thorne, but it's not like he did anything else to Jon than mocking him IIRC. He definitely doesn't like Jon (I'm keeping in mind we are in the ASOS subforum so I try to not give away any spoilers) and I think Jon got him and Bowen Marsh discussing about the LC election before Jon was elected, suggesting Janos Slynt for LC, what would have been really bad for Jon. So if I were Jon as LC, I'd send him as far as possible to command people on another castles of the Watch, since it's pretty clear that they don't get along.

Besides mocking him, he tried to have him executed. It would not have mattered if Jon had witnesses, he hated him regardless and found an opportunity to try and have him killed. He wouldn't even listen to the wise Aemon who made it clear Jon was innocent.

I am not suggesting anything sadistic be done to him, but payback is in order from Jons perspective. He should definitley be relieved as Master in Arms. He was an absolutly horrible, pessimistic commander and full of hate and scorn.

Besides mocking him, he tried to have him executed. It would not have mattered if Jon had witnesses, he hated him regardless and found an opportunity to try and have him killed. He wouldn't even listen to the wise Aemon who made it clear Jon was innocent.

I am not suggesting anything sadistic be done to him, but payback is in order from Jons perspective. He should definitley be relieved as Master in Arms. He was an absolutly horrible, pessimistic commander and full of hate and scorn.

Yeah but that seems definitely not Jon's style, as long as he is useful to the Watch, he'll keep Alliser Thorne.

Jon's hardly an innocent party in this. He tried to kill Thorne in AGOT when he jumped him with dagger at hand (or at least hurt him severely, it's not 100% clear since he was stopped).

Yea but this was a clear provocation and occured after his father was imprisioned if I recall correctly. How would you react in his situation after having your father impuned infront of your brothers by that low life scum bag after so many previous insults?

Yea but this was a clear provocation and occured after his father was imprisioned if I recall correctly. How would you react in his situation after having your father impuned infront of your brothers by that low life scum bag after so many previous insults?

I can safely say that I, personally, would not go into stab mode. This was clearly not Jon's finest hour and if he had not saved the Old Bear from a wight later on he probably would have been justifiably executed for it. Look, Thorne is a jerk and as I've stated I think eventually he is going to get up to no good, but for now he hasn't done anything to deserve being stabbed or executed.

Well nothing is going to happen unless Thorne does more. Jon isn't going to punish him as Lord Commander for things he has previously done. I can pretty much guarantee that. That's not his style, Jon's too cool and has definitely smartened up since AGOT. But I feel that Thorne will do something and will end up getting reprimanded for it but that's just speculation.

Ye, I agree with OnionAhaiReborn. Throne is a bit of a c**t, but he hasn't done anything wrong other than being mean to toughen up new recruits. The Night's Watch is a horrible place really, always gloomy and cold, not to mention the fact we know the Wildling wants them dead. Also, the wights and Others. Nothing wrong with a bit of toughening them up, it's what all drill sergeants do.

Look at Sam, he definitely needed to be made stronger, Jon was too nice to see that, so he protected him from Throne's 'bullying.' This made Thorne really despise Jon and led him to really go after him. I feel he will do something eventually to make execution justifiable, but where we are now he has done nothing wrong what so ever.

In fact, I'd go far as to say, that through his 'bullying' to toughen them all up he made them all band together and become brothers against him. He was that necessary person who was needed to create a mood of fraternity between the new recruits of the Night's Watch. Still wont stop him doing something silly

How would you deal with Ser Alliser Thorne as commander of the nights watch? There is no doubt this scum bag deserves to pay for all he has done. Any creative ideas?

Ser Thorne hmmm... for starters not having him stay master at arms. I am sure there would be someone better for that position. And where to put him after that? I´m sure Jon wouldn´t do it but I´d have him send to serve under Pyke. How´s that for karma biting him in the backside? XD

Archived