Crazy things you did while reading ASoS (Spoilers)

Ygrette

The craziest thing I've done (which unfortunately isn't that crazy, and mostly seems to be a side effect of reading too much ASoIaF) is tell my co-worker that I knew about some choice work gossip, because "my little birds told me". She looked at me like I was deranged, and it took me a minute to realize I was quoting Varys. #lowpoint.

Well, I laugh at all of Tyrion's chapters out loud, which makes my siblings stare at me, like if I was crazy. I also say the words "winter is comming" pretty often, which is weird because I was born and still live in Argentina, and my first language is spanish (tough I decided to read the ASOIAF books in english, as a challenge before studying to become a translator). Also, I watch the shows with my parents (it's not so awkward as it may seem), and my mother told me she has once dreamed that the White Walkers were atacking us, and woke up worried and wondering where she could find an obsidian dagger to kill them. I told her that she could have tried just burning them, as long as she didn't burn the house as well!

I started reading ASoS after watching season 3 so I already knew that Robb was going to die... what shocked me the most was Lady Cat's appearance at the end i was in complete shock it was great i think i re-read the paragraph around 10 times

• 1 month later...

Have you ever found yourself singing a song over and over again, without noticing when you started to sing, and suddenly realizing that you are singing? It happens to me quite a lot, but lately I've been worried because it was "The Rains of Castamere" the song I was singing. I swear you: I've been walking around the school singing "The Rains of Castamere". If that's not crazy, I don't know what it is.

well , i didn't do any crazy things..sadly the red wedding was spoiled to me so i didn't have any emotions while reading it , in fact , i could see that Robb would die by the way , because he was like the biggest fool in the books. no lie. Catelyne was a little bit boring at times and she went mad after she thought that everybody she loved was dead (her sons , her husband , maybe even her daughters etc.)

Only a little bit thing i did was when Oberyn Martell , that epic man was about to kill the Mountain but failed , for some minutes i thought he was gonna win and i was jumping out of my seat when he was saying :"ellia martel , you raped her , killed her children etc." (you can read it in my avatar as well , if you zoom closely. then i was dissapointed...

Also , i had some tears in my eyes when Jon found Igrytte dead...damn. :frown5:

• 1 month later...

After the last chapter, I wanted to go straight on to the epilogue, but I couldn't continue until I processed what just happened. So, I went outside to shovel the driveway, continued to process, and ended up shoveling the whole damn block...

I'm still processing...

rereading asos now, but on first read and the red wedding,

chills creeping down my spine with every word registering in my head as im reading it. my jaw, slowly dropping, fully takin in catelyns pov, her thinking shes lost everything, everyone, ned bran rickon, everything. those tingles lasted awhile, the whole last few pages of the chapter, and her snapping into insanity, mouth agape. it was on my kindle, and i sat there, staring at the opning page of the next chapter, looking like a compelte dousche, the name in bold but just staring blankly at the page, then outward at the wall. my fingers scrolled the pages back retardedly, and i reread it, again, and again.

for a good ten minutes i was :O

Archived