Euron paid the Faceless Men with his dragon egg

a free shadow

Great minds think alike,it would appear.I notice the OP contributed to this thread too.

Hmmm

Congratulations on your "first real theory",commiserations on your amnesia.

Hi, I am here.

All the facts: I had a thought that Euron paid for Balon's death with the dragon's egg, but could not call it "a real theory" untill I thought about Jaqen and the book in the Citadel. At first it was just a hunch. I was talking about it (Jaqen and the book) in a thread that came one day before the one you are reffering to. It is here. So when you mentioned the egg in that later thread, I took a chance to say that I have finally put my two and two together allready and made a theory. It did not see much discussion there, so I thought I will try and post it as a new topic.

Don't understand me wrong, but I did not think of you, because you did not say anything new to me. It does not mean that I thought of you and decided that you do not "deserve" (or how can I call it to avoid this kind of words) to be mentioned, it means that I did not think of you at all, did not remember you. Your post in that thread gave me a place to state my theory, but no new ideas I did not already have. It is how the mind works, I guess, it stores the primary source of the idea, not the repeated occurances. And for me the first time I got that "hunch" was reading the books. Once again, I am analysing this as I go, because if I should give you my initial reaction it would be "What?".

If you want to call this your own, you are free to do as you will. I did not write anywhere in these forums "I have a hunch Euron threw his egg away", have no sertificate, and you can use it against me, because there are so many things I did not write about.

Now I understand why you might have thought I builded upon your words, but I explained myself the best I can saying I didn't. If you do not believe it, I feel bad. A little for you, a little for me, a little for the general discussion. People had shared great thoughts here and I hope will continue no matter ho is "the host".

It's not the end of the world,but perhaps there was a misunderstanding.

Perhaps the OP might be adjusted?

Who says she's a little girl anyway?Probably a 25 stone Hell's Angel :eek:

I'm a girl, 8 is the number, but when I punch a bully there is enough strenght in it.

Completely disagree, but OK. Still not seeing what motive they'd have to bump Balon. And crows/ravens have called the shots before (Mormont's raven).

It´s absolutely you´re right and you have it on your side more often than not. The motive would be control of the Iron fleet of course.

@redriver

Ah, ok the OP got the idea from your post and not from the OP of the link you send.

And yes I got the stuff about the dragonegg. We don´t know if the FM are interested in dragoneggs, we don´t even know if they´re interested in anything except granting the "gift". Even though I suspect them of having a hidden agenda, I don´t believe the official view of this vision of the "Ghost".

On the other hand we know that the "Red lot" is interested in dragons and that Euron meddles with them.

Edit for grammar

We do know that the FM do not like fire magic,blood magic.They were founded in the slave mines of Valyria and there is the suggestion from the KM that they had a hand in the Doom.

We can reasonably infer from this that they don't like dragons or their eggs.

This implies they would value having an egg,if only to destroy it.From the timeline,the FM on the bridge could be Jaqen H'gar who is now in the Citadel as Pate.

Yeah as others have said I think it is far more likely that the FM would want the book to learn how to kill dragons then to hatch them. I mean Dany's eggs were supposed to be dead and then she hatched them, so I imagine they wouldn't mind the closest thing to an instructions manual from some of the people who killed off the last of the dragons.

Yeah as others have said I think it is far more likely that the FM would want the book to learn how to kill dragons then to hatch them. I mean Dany's eggs were supposed to be dead and then she hatched them, so I imagine they wouldn't mind the closest thing to an instructions manual from some of the people who killed off the last of the dragons.

This is true, but the only way they'd know for sure if the book's information was accurate before crunch time is if they tested it on their own dragon. Someone else posited that Euron gave them the egg and instructions on hatching it. We don't know until they show up with a dragon, but it's interesting to ponder.

Hi, I am here.

All the facts: I had a thought that Euron paid for Balon's death with the dragon's egg, but could not call it "a real theory" untill I thought about Jaqen and the book in the Citadel. At first it was just a hunch. I was talking about it (Jaqen and the book) in a thread that came one day before the one you are reffering to. It is here. So when you mentioned the egg in that later thread, I took a chance to say that I have finally put my two and two together allready and made a theory. It did not see much discussion there, so I thought I will try and post it as a new topic.

Don't understand me wrong, but I did not think of you, because you did not say anything new to me. It does not mean that I thought of you and decided that you do not "deserve" (or how can I call it to avoid this kind of words) to be mentioned, it means that I did not think of you at all, did not remember you. Your post in that thread gave me a place to state my theory, but no new ideas I did not already have. It is how the mind works, I guess, it stores the primary source of the idea, not the repeated occurances. And for me the first time I got that "hunch" was reading the books. Once again, I am analysing this as I go, because if I should give you my initial reaction it would be "What?".

If you want to call this your own, you are free to do as you will. I did not write anywhere in these forums "I have a hunch Euron threw his egg away", have no sertificate, and you can use it against me, because there are so many things I did not write about.

Now I understand why you might have thought I builded upon your words, but I explained myself the best I can saying I didn't. If you do not believe it, I feel bad. A little for you, a little for me, a little for the general discussion. People had shared great thoughts here and I hope will continue no matter ho is "the host".

I'm a girl, 8 is the number, but when I punch a bully there is enough strenght in it.

Oh God,now I do feel like Darkstar.

Explanation accepted,so can we draw a line under this?

8 yrs seems a little young to be reading these novels,but each to their own.

And for the record,I detest bullies.

We do know that the FM do not like fire magic,blood magic.They were founded in the slave mines of Valyria and there is the suggestion from the KM that they had a hand in the Doom.

We can reasonably infer from this that they don´t like dragons or their eggs.

This implies they would value having an egg,if only to destroy it.From the timeline,the FM on the bridge could be Jaqen H´gar who is now in the Citadel as Pate.

Now these are really good arguments. And I think the fact that Braavos was founded by escaped slaves from Valyria will play an important role. Also the fact, that to bind Arya more into the story requires her leaving the FM or for the FM to play a more important role.

Since I believe that Pate H´gar is a FM and that he is at the Citadel for this agenda I think they have, I have to admit the dragonegg payment makes sense, as I said in my first post at this thread.

Right now I´m playing with the thought that almost every action in Westeros was influenced by the "Red lot" and the FM shoving Balon of a bridge thing never felt right.

Pink bars everywhere :bang: ETA: Restoring the content messed up the quote. It´s from redriver.

Now these are really good arguments. And I think the fact that Braavos was founded by escaped slaves from Valyria will play an important role. Also the fact, that to bind Arya more into the story requires her leaving the FM or for the FM to play a more important role.

Since I believe that Pate H´gar is a FM and that he is at the Citadel for this agenda I think they have, I have to admit the dragonegg payment makes sense, as I said in my first post at this thread.

Right now I´m playing with the thought that almost every action in Westeros was influenced by the "Red lot" and the FM shoving Balon of a bridge thing never felt right.

I think the red lot's power is overestimated.

Pink bars everywhere :bang:

I know. :(

Sand Snake No. 9 wrote:

FWIW, I think the term "kraken" applies only to giant squid.

The term "kraken" applies primarily to a mythological monster of scandinavian folklore, which is similar to a giant squid only in that it also has tentacles in most legends. It is also much bigger.

Basically, the iron men worship Cthulhu. At least, I think that is closer to the truth than saying they worship a giant squid.

I have to say that I really like this theory, I never took time to think about it so good job to those who did! Also good job Apple Martini, when you defended the theory you said everything I was thinking so now I don't need to. :) I have been freed up to ponder other things like what would the FM want with a dragon egg? Some have posted they don't like dragons, their eggs, and may want to destroy the eggs. I'm thinking this could be, and why stop there, even if someone else like the Braavosi hired them. The FM seem to want the book on how to kill dragons so maybe there is something in it on how to destroy the eggs. Are dragon eggs hard to destroy? I'm not sure but I would think so.

Also could the FM be trying to collect any dragon eggs they can find? If they accepted Euron's egg it may be something they are doing anyway. Are there still eggs unaccounted for like all of the eggs mentioned in the Dunk and Egg stories? I could even see this being the reason Jaqen was in KL in the begining, looking for eggs so the FM can destroy them. I've even seen it speculated their might be eggs in the Citadel as well. So what do you all think?

Also could the FM be trying to collect any dragon eggs they can find? If they accepted Euron's egg it may be something they are doing anyway. Are there still eggs unaccounted for like all of the eggs mentioned in the Dunk and Egg stories? I could even see this being the reason Jaqen was in KL in the begining, looking for eggs so the FM can destroy them. I've even seen it speculated their might be eggs in the Citadel as well. So what do you all think?

Interesting idea.

Like I mentioned, I'm keen on the idea that Dany's eggs are actually Targ family eggs (Aegon's is Rhaegal, Lord Butterwell's is Drogon and Aerion's is Viserion), but even if they are, there's still two unaccounted for, and five if they're not (and there could be more; the last dragon laid five eggs but the family might have had more than that from earlier dragons). I hadn't thought about the Citadel finding eggs, but Dragonstone is supposed to have a cache of some kind. Aemon Targaryen would have had one at some point, if his brother's did.

Basically, the iron men worship Cthulhu. At least, I think that is closer to the truth than saying they worship a giant squid.

The Ironborn worship the Drowned God, not a Kraken. If they worshipped a Kraken, the Greyjoys would be seen as terribly sacriligeous

The Ironborn worship the Drowned God, not a Kraken. If they worshipped a Kraken, the Greyjoys would be seen as terribly sacriligeous

GRRM has admitted that the Drowned God was inspired by Cthulhu. Cthulhu, in turn, was inspired by kraken legends, and specifically, by Tennyson's poem "The Kraken".

Presumably, the reason the Kraken is a symbol of the Ironborn is because it is a symbol of the Drowned God. No doubt, the Drowned God IS "The Kraken" with a capital K.

This does not, of course, rule out the existence of lesser "krakens", perhaps of various sorts, who may or may not be the minions of the Drowned God.

Price of dragon eggs is mentioned few times in the book. They are expensive, but not unaffordable for an exclusive gift. Probably they do not coast a price of the half of an army of the sellsword. Otherwise Dany would sell hers, and Ilirio also would not presented Danny with 3 eggs as an wedding gift. However there is a possibility that FM cost fluctuates and can be negotiated. Or a price for Danny head was intentionally inflated by Littlefinger and Varis to avoid hiring FM and left Danny to participate in the game of thrones.

Archived