HBO First Look Trailer Breakdown

Westeros

My guess is that what Jon "saw", he saw while warging Ghost. Instead of something about Craster's sons

I was thinking exactly the same. But doesn't that happen when he's out in the mountains with Qhorin and his crew, and Mormont isn't even around?

Secondly, I think the Bran scene is in the godswood at Winterfell.

I was thinking exactly the same. But doesn't that happen when he's out in the mountains with Qhorin and his crew, and Mormont isn't even around?

Secondly, I think the Bran scene is in the godswood at Winterfell.

They might've changed around the dialogue/lines so scenes will be different, lines said at different places. Jeor Mormont means something to TV viewers - will they care about Halfhand long enough, really?

I agree the line about the comet has Bran saying "the men are saying the comet...." sounds like they're walking around the castle/godswood (i.e. not after the ocean attacks).

I have a theory on that weird Ros/LF scene. Perhaps she is pregnant, and they pull the "Tansy/Moon Tea" bit to set up the plot point for a certain other character later in the series. Crackpot?

My guess is that

Ros witnessed the killing of Barra and her baby by Janos Slynt's guards on Cersei' command. There's a shot in the earlier trailer of Barra, and I can't imagine she would be in the second season for any other reason than to get killed. So I think Ros witnessed it, and in the show I believe Barra is in Littlefinger's brothel rather than Chataya's. It almost looks like Littlefinger is attempting to comfort her, which is odd, though I may be misreading that line.

As others have mentioned, I'm sure Bran, Osha, and Hodor see the comet in Winterfell's godswood. Almost all of the talk about the comet in the book is at the start, so I'm sure they're still in Winterfell.

I'm somewhat curious about Robb's storyline this season.

In the trailer, it looks like he's talking to Catelyn about Jeyne. In ACOK, I'm pretty sure Cat doesn't meet up with Robb again after she leaves for Renly's camp in her first chapter. They could be moving up her first chapter from ASOS to this book, or they could be moving up a lot of that storyline, as I doubt that exchange was in the final season 2 finale. My guess is Catelyn rejoins Robb's army with Brienne after Renly dies and never makes it to Riverrun, which I don't believe is in this season.

My guess is that

Ros witnessed the killing of Barra and her baby by Janos Slynt's guards on Cersei' command. There's a shot in the earlier trailer of Barra, and I can't imagine she would be in the second season for any other reason than to get killed. So I think Ros witnessed it, and in the show I believe Barra is in Littlefinger's brothel rather than Chataya's. It almost looks like Littlefinger is attempting to comfort her, which is odd, though I may be misreading that line.

No, IIRC, in the show, Littlefinger brought Barra specially so that Ned could talk to her.

But she's not from his brothels.

In regards to Ros, I'm guessing that she is replacing Alayaya and taking over her role in the book with the whole getting abducted and whipped thing. The viewers will have more sympathy for a character they've known since seaon 1 than a character they introduce for a few episodes.

In regards to Ros, I'm guessing that she is replacing Alayaya and taking over her role in the book with the whole getting abducted and whipped thing. The viewers will have more sympathy for a character they've known since seaon 1 than a character they introduce for a few episodes.

They can't do that.

It implies too many changes concerning Varys and Littlefinger.

No, IIRC, in the show, Littlefinger brought Barra specially so that Ned could talk to her.

But she's not from his brothels.

Hmmm, maybe, I don't think it was made very clear on the show. Littlefinger told Ned about meeting the last person Jon Arryn spoke to, it cut to her in what I assumed was Littlefinger's brothel. It's been a while, so I don't remember if someone mentioned that Barra was brought there. I still think

Ros is anguished over Barra's death, since Littlefinger's line of "those with the most power have the least grace" immediately cuts to Cersei, who of course orders Barra's death.

I still think

Ros is anguished over Barra's death, since Littlefinger's line of "those with the most power have the least grace" immediately cuts to Cersei, who of course orders Barra's death.

Mmh, maybe HODOR! HODOR!! is right then, and Ros will be tortured by Cersei instead of Alalaya...

It could be the reason Littlefinger says that.

But I really don't see how they could do that, since Ros works for Littlefinger...

Not stupid this idea of an Iron Born raid, but they are not stupid to wear full armors on boats, no ?

The ironborn actually make a point of wearing plate armor on boats, because they're supposed to be unafraid of drowning-- and it gives them an advantage in combat, since everyone else is too sensible to do that.

The ironborn actually make a point of wearing plate armor on boats, because they're supposed to be unafraid of drowning-- and it gives them an advantage in combat, since everyone else is too sensible to do that.

Hah, I hope we get to see a few moron knights plunging to their watery grave this season.

The bit with Osha, Bran and Hodor walking through the forest annoyed me a lot. Here's why:

Firstly, why are they walking through the woods, especially at the start of the series when the comet is going through the sky?

Where are the Reeds? Cutting them out will ruin the Bran storyline in the next few seasons. Is he gonna chat to Hodor as they're travelling or something?

Why is Osha saying that the comet means dragons? This implies that dragons will soon be coming to Westeros, when (if they stick to the books, which they should) this won't happen until like Season 7. Also, why would a wildling be wise about dragons and what signals them? Dragons were only in Westeros for a relatively short amount of time, and I'm pretty sure none of them went north of the Wall.

Tom Wlaschiha and Gemma Whelan , what's deal with not showing them?

Play major characters.

Maybe they're saving them as a surprise? It's just a trailer, they shouldn't show every new character in it.

Firstly, why are they walking through the woods, especially at the start of the series when the comet is going through the sky?

Where are the Reeds? Cutting them out will ruin the Bran storyline in the next few seasons. Is he gonna chat to Hodor as they're travelling or something?

Why is Osha saying that the comet means dragons? This implies that dragons will soon be coming to Westeros, when (if they stick to the books, which they should) this won't happen until like Season 7. Also, why would a wildling be wise about dragons and what signals them? Dragons were only in Westeros for a relatively short amount of time, and I'm pretty sure none of them went north of the Wall.

First, they're probably just walking through the Winterfell Godswood. This would be before the Reeds show up, and since they haven't been cast anyways, that's why they're not there. I do agree that Osha saying it means dragons seems a bit heavy handed. As a wilding, doesn't seem likely she'd connect a comet to dragons, but ultimately it's not really that big of a deal to me.

the trailer was really good but why can't they give us more san/san scenes!! the anticipation for this is driving me mad- they gave us plenty of scenes of the hound fighting (not complaining, all the scenes with him involved they care to give us are wonderful) but they only put sansa for less than the blinking of an eye! can't even start to suspect what that scene is about since it's so short :(

the trailer was really good but why can't they give us more san/san scenes!! the anticipation for this is driving me mad- they gave us plenty of scenes of the hound fighting (not complaining, all the scenes with him involved they care to give us are wonderful) but they only put sansa for less than the blinking of an eye! can't even start to suspect what that scene is about since it's so short :(

Agreed...

Love the Hound at 0,17 thought!

Also, I'm so grateful that there are people willing to waste their precious time to put this clip illegally on youtube! Whoever you are, thank you!!!

Agreed...

Love the Hound at 0,17 thought!

Also, I'm so grateful that there are people willing to waste their precious time to put this clip illegally on youtube! Whoever you are, thank you!!!

i know, i'm so happy to the those people as well. i know, sandor looks quite the formidable warrior in this trailer, and the battle sequences really seem to capture the state he is in when fighting this particular battle. fingers crossed what comes after is simple described as THE BEST!

Archived