Interview with Tom Wlaschiha

Westeros

Access Hollywood continues on its Game of Thrones interview tear, this time talking to Tom Wlaschiha, who plays the mysterious Jaqen H’ghar. Good interview, which reveals that the character’s long hair—dyed red and white—and his penchant for speaking in third person have all been retained for the show (huzzah!)

With any luck, Jaqen will be as much of a favorite character for fans of the TV show as he’s become for fans of the books.

Visit the Site!

I have hoped the name will sound more French and mysterious (why did George not pass his word?), but everything else sounds awesome. Great (first) face for Jaqen. I wonder if he knows how to pronounce H'Ghar? If nobody knows, he is not only faceless, but a nameless man too.

He sounds so enthusiastic about his role and ASoIaF in general. I hope they told him that it's a one season deal only.

Also...I live near Dresden as well. :eek: Nice to see a fellow saxon in my favourite show.

Not so. He's in the prologue and epilogue of AFFC

But yeah, good interview.

Yeah, but not with the Jaqen-Face aka Tom Wlashiha.

Maybe not the epilogue (although they might change how the events unfold anyway; for example just making him a new student there so he can still look familiar to viewers) but the prologue I think would still be him, just with a different wig and some prosthetics.

He sounds so enthusiastic about his role and ASoIaF in general. I hope they told him that it's a one season deal only.

Also...I live near Dresden as well. :eek: Nice to see a fellow saxon in my favourite show.

My grandma's sister lives in Dohna! I've never been there, but a funny coincidence. Maybe I should pay her a visit...only 1 1/2 hours away... <_<

I didn't really think they would keep the two-coloured hair thingy, but it's great that they did it! I'm really looking forward to this storyline, I wish we would get a glimpse of him though.

Love that they're keeping the hair. Also, I doubt that they're going to get a completely new actor for each face change, else there'd be some serious problems with

Arya's

future storyline.

I doubt the series will go that far, but who knows ?

Really? All the way to the fourth season? Three is pretty much a sure thing right now, and with the way the show seems to be taking off, I'd say they'd have to seriously screw up season 3 for that to happen. But, yeah, who knows?

Really? All the way to the fourth season? Three is pretty much a sure thing right now, and with the way the show seems to be taking off, I'd say they'd have to seriously screw up season 3 for that to happen. But, yeah, who knows?

One of the actors (Richard Madden?) said that they are pretty much for sure filiming the third and fourth seasons back-to-back soon (this summer?).

One of the actors (Richard Madden?) said that they are pretty much for sure filiming the third and fourth seasons back-to-back soon (this summer?).

Yep, I thought so too. Not confirmed yet, but basically granted. Although I think they said something like they will split SOS into two seasons. So AFFC (return of Jaqen?) would only be in the fifth season.

I think they will either end the series after S4 (end of SOS) or stay with it to the bitter end- I hope for the latter. :D

Although I think they said something like they will split SOS into two seasons. So AFFC (return of Jaqen?) would only be in the fifth season.

I'm not sure they said they will split aSoS into 2 full seasons. Some of aFfC/aDwD could slip into S4, for example.

I didn't see the comment from Madden on filming both S3 and S4 together. Interesting. Is there a link to that?

Love that they're keeping the hair. Also, I doubt that they're going to get a completely new actor for each face change, else there'd be some serious problems with

Arya's

future storyline.

Now that latter storyline is too far into the future to worry about. The advantage with going with a completely new actor is that they don't have to worry about keeping the current actor on a retainer for something 2 or 3 seasons in the future. They can recast and we couldn't really complain. :) It might lose casual viewers but its not a vital storyline that people know who Jaqen is.

I do not believe any actor has said anything about filming back-to-back. Anyone got a citation?

I couldn't find a quote either :dunno: . I just read an article on winter-is-coming where it's said that multiple sources hinted at the possibility and that it's pretty much canon. Looking for it now.

This is what I read on that topic. No confirmation at all, but seems to be pretty likely...

It's one thing about GRRM's story that gets a little irritating. Jaqen H’ghar is such an interesting and strange character on such a mysterious mission, enough 'page' time in COK and then flits in and out , mostly out, off the page, for the next three novels. He's one character who we know is not dead, tho we have a number of interesting characters of unknown fate.

Not sure what the producers will want to do with the teleplay. After careful casting, saying , O well we won't really see that character again till we-don't-know-when! Kinda a hurts the character continuity.

Archived