Aegon's political position.

No one has even mentioned the new military orders of "the faith", there are now huged armies amassed near kings landing with no one but the high septon to tell them what to do. what roll will they play? They will probably be more powerful than any single of the seven kingdoms right now with an exception for the vale (better steel in the vale) and would they back anyone not supporting the "seven" and if so why?

I agree that the Faith will be important, but will they support YG? It seems unlikely to me, the lad already has a huge army, it would make the game too hard on the other players. Unless the Golden Company were to abandon him, of course, but it's also unlikely, if the YG = Blackfyre theories are correct. The High Septon is mostly an unpredictable man, and smarter than they give him credit for; I don't think we have information enough to predict his move just yet.

I agree that the Faith will be important, but will they support YG? It seems unlikely to me, the lad already has a huge army, it would make the game too hard on the other players. Unless the Golden Company were to abandon him, of course, but it's also unlikely, if the YG = Blackfyre theories are correct. The High Septon is mostly an unpredictable man, and smarter than they give him credit for; I don't think we have information enough to predict his move just yet.

I do not think Aegon has a huge army yet, If he gets Dorne, that will give him in reality 30-40 thousand max but the Tyrells have at least 60-75 thousand. I Think he will have to fight the Tyrells and he will win (if for nothing other than to give this story a huge plot twist). It might be exactly as others have stated. The battle of Bosworth all over again and instead of Lord Stanley betraying and stabbing in the back, Richard III of England, the Tarly's switch sides and turn the table for Aegon out of honor. They could simply say, "all of us who were loyal to the Targaryen dynasty thought Rheagar's children were dead". Aegon, will advance mightily in the next acts around his story in this series.

as soon as the eyrie was introduced i thought of a giant dragon landing on that tower which stil speaks to me as the best invasion point for dany. with the way the volantines reacted and moroqqo en route i see an alliance between her and the worshippers of rhilor. also thoros of myr has been campaining with the bwb so the lands outside the vale wont see her as all that foreign.

secondly varys and his little birds and the high septon and his sparrows seem very likely to follow a prince tutored daily by a septa and indoctrinated in the 7. it also adds the pseudo democratic element thats been missing so far. the south united by faith and led by thier rightful king returned.

the north however is committed to the old gods and the old way. so that sets up the three regional and religious dynamics that could make this truly epic and everyone invloved absolutely dtermined to succeed

as soon as the eyrie was introduced i thought of a giant dragon landing on that tower which stil speaks to me as the best invasion point for dany. with the way the volantines reacted and moroqqo en route i see an alliance between her and the worshippers of rhilor. also thoros of myr has been campaining with the bwb so the lands outside the vale wont see her as all that foreign.

secondly varys and his little birds and the high septon and his sparrows seem very likely to follow a prince tutored daily by a septa and indoctrinated in the 7. it also adds the pseudo democratic element thats been missing so far. the south united by faith and led by thier rightful king returned.

the north however is committed to the old gods and the old way. so that sets up the three regional and religious dynamics that could make this truly epic and everyone invloved absolutely dtermined to succeed

The Eyrie is a perfect natural land for an army to build, a fertile plain, plent of fresh water and natural defenses. A geographical stronghold that is "only" vulnerable from the air (dragons) and of course, infiltration (Littlefinger).

Aegon will be greatly helped by the chaos of the hostage situation in KL following the annihilation of Lannister leadership. The Tyrells will be too focused on getting Margaery back to worry about the swelling army approaching them.

Speaking of which, great idea for the prologue. Loras (who faked his injuries), Garlan, and Randyll Tarly organize an infiltration mission through the sewers and secret passageways to rescue Margaery and take away the Faith's bargaining chip. It hits disaster when the entire force except an alchemist and a former prisoner who knows the Red Keep are the only survivors. Braving the dangers they rescue, the Queen as the Tyrells storm and sack the city.

In the confusion, Cersei is missing from her cell and no body has been discovered. A woman in red robes is seen leaving through the gate...

In my humble opinion, I dont think Aegon is going anywhere. DANY HAS DRAGONS, which immediately gives her a leg up in everything. I mean, everyone bent the knee to the Targaryens because they had dragons, and if it comes to a sort of choice for the Westerosi between Dany and Aegon, I think it will be Dany who wins. She has the better proof that she is a Targ, Mother of Dragons, reborn of fire, and dragonsssss. While Aegon has....a very small speck of support and only the features of a Targ. I think the whole 'Valyria's magic rooted in fire and blood' thing is really central to the way GRRM is going to get everything together.

In my humble opinion, I dont think Aegon is going anywhere. DANY HAS DRAGONS, which immediately gives her a leg up in everything. I mean, everyone bent the knee to the Targaryens because they had dragons, and if it comes to a sort of choice for the Westerosi between Dany and Aegon, I think it will be Dany who wins. She has the better proof that she is a Targ, Mother of Dragons, reborn of fire, and dragonsssss. While Aegon has....a very small speck of support and only the features of a Targ. I think the whole 'Valyria's magic rooted in fire and blood' thing is really central to the way GRRM is going to get everything together.

he's in westeros and shaking the seven kingdoms in its foundation while dany is some wherein the dothraki sea

Doubt Sansa would agree ;)

she'll might have a minor freak out on their first meeting(i'm serious )

What Littlefinger will do with the Vale is an interesting question. The Lords of the Vale were angry that Lysa didn't side with Robb during the War of Five Kings. This suggests that they still remember the alliance between the North and the Vale that took down the Dragon kings during Robert's rebellion. So are they going to want to enter the war now on the side of a nominal Targaryen? Littlefinger is a pretty talented manipulator so I don't put it past him to get what he wants out of them, but at the moment it seems like his position with them is tenuous enough that he has to respect their wishes.

I don't think that a lot of lords really focus as much on past loyalties as much as "where will this get me now?" Their lady had a blood connection to both sides of that alliance and they were best positioned geographically to side with them, so they figured that if it'd win they'd stand to gain some (captured castles, lands, etc).

I don't think that a lot of lords really focus as much on past loyalties as much as "where will this get me now?" Their lady had a blood connection to both sides of that alliance and they were best positioned geographically to side with them, so they figured that if it'd win they'd stand to gain some (captured castles, lands, etc).

Remember that Ned fostered in the Vale with Jon Arryn. He was quite loved and respected. Many of the major lords (led by Bronze Yohnze) wanted to go to war with the Lannisters.

I don't doubt his skills. But something tells me that Stannis will not rule. G.R.R.M. has a soft spot for cripples, bastards and broken things. Someone unlikely will come into the throne....a certain bastard in black maybe...? :)

I'd say Stannis qualifies as a 'broken thing'

I also think that the Westerlands could be in play if Aegon backs Tyrion for Casterly Rock and Tyrion returns to Westeros. Aunt Gemma has become the elder statesman fopr the Lannisters after the death of Kevan, she considers Tyrion to be the most capable of Tywins children, she might back Tyrion over Cersei if the murder charges against Tyrion disappear and they will if Aegon backs him for Casterly Rock. Jamie seems more concerned about keeping his remaining children alive, he doesn't really seem to care about the throne, if he backs Tyrion over Cersei as well then a large part of the West could defect for Tyrion.

I'm convinced Aegon will win the Iron Throne in the next volume. Dorne will declare for him, there can't be any doubt about that. The only question is when Doran makes his decision. After he learns about 'Ser Robert Strong'? After he learns about Dany's disappearance/alleged death in Meereen? Or only when word reaches him about Quentyn's demise?

Daenerys might very well have lost Dorne after the whole Quentyn thing. Aegon is (or was) Doran's nephew, Dorne is more or less honor bound to support him. His (supposed) death is one of the main reason why the Martells intend to destroy the Lannisters.

Since Doran has two armies ready, one in the Prince's Pass and another in the Boneway, the strategy seems to be more or less obvious. March into the Reach and lay siege/conquer Highgarden itself, to put pressure on the Tyrell hosts in KL. Willas and Garlan are dealing with the Ironborn, the Hightowers sit tight to defend Oldtown, and the core of the strength of the Reach is in KL.

Mace will be forced to dispatch men to the Reach to defend his people and free his castle.

The other army in the Boneway will march north to Storm's End and join the Golden Company. With the seasoned veterans of the Golden Company and the fresh Dornish spears Connington and Aegon should have no trouble taking King's Landing. Especially if Varys continues preparing the city for them.

The next logical step would be to kill Margaery, I guess. If Mace lost his precious daughter the ties to House Lannister would be severed, and Varys would also ensure that the Tyrells could not try to use Aegon for their own ambitions the way they used Renly, Joffrey, and Tommen. If a growing number of Reach lords are declaring for Aegon, the Tyrells will eventually be forced to follow. Olenna and Willas should be smart enough to realize that they can only keep their power as long as their bannermen support them.

I also think that the Westerlands could be in play if Aegon backs Tyrion for Casterly Rock and Tyrion returns to Westeros. Aunt Gemma has become the elder statesman fopr the Lannisters after the death of Kevan, she considers Tyrion to be the most capable of Tywins children, she might back Tyrion over Cersei if the murder charges against Tyrion disappear and they will if Aegon backs him for Casterly Rock. Jamie seems more concerned about keeping his remaining children alive, he doesn't really seem to care about the throne, if he backs Tyrion over Cersei as well then a large part of the West could defect for Tyrion.

Problem is: would Gemma support him? From Jaime's chapters in AFFC, I don't think she was that happy about her brother's death. But again, she seems a pragmatic woman... Anyway, the wild card among those people you mentioned is still Tyrion: we don't know if he will support YG. He seemed to like the lad, he seemed to believe he is Aegon, he even seemed to be giving him good advice. But was he, really? He's on her way to Daenerys; if she accepts him, all those things you mentioned could count on YG's favor might go to Daenerys' (and we really have no way of knowing if she will believe the boy truly is her nephew, if she'll be allied to him). If she doesn't accept him, well... I do have a feeling Tyrion might end up supporting King Jon, the First.

Problem is: would Gemma support him? From Jaime's chapters in AFFC, I don't think she was that happy about her brother's death. But again, she seems a pragmatic woman... Anyway, the wild card among those people you mentioned is still Tyrion: we don't know if he will support YG. He seemed to like the lad, he seemed to believe he is Aegon, he even seemed to be giving him good advice. But was he, really? He's on her way to Daenerys; if she accepts him, all those things you mentioned could count on YG's favor might go to Daenerys' (and we really have no way of knowing if she will believe the boy truly is her nephew, if she'll be allied to him). If she doesn't accept him, well... I do have a feeling Tyrion might end up supporting King Jon, the First.

Well Genna certainly knows Tyrion's worth. She even went so far as to risk Tywin's wroth by telling him that Tyrion is Tywin come again and a worthy heir. She may even go so far as to forgive/back Tyrion once she learns what Tywin did to Tysha and the truth about Jaime and Cersei (I have a sneaking suspicion that she already knows).

Tyrion's main objectives are to claim Casterly Rock (and the West), get revenge on Cersei and Jaime, and undo Tywin's legacy with one of his own. One Targaryen is just as good as another in this regard. I agree that Tyrion liked Aegon and had every intention of joining him in Westeros with the Golden Company at his back (but he had to have a whore). I have no doubt he will warm his way into Dany's good graces as well (unless she feeds him to Drogon as vengeance). He will tell her of Aegon and caution her that he may or may not be who he says he is. Dany will never support a fake, but I do think she would yield to either Aegon or Jon because of superior claims.

My perfect ending has always involved Jon being crowned as King Jon the first of his name and Tyrion as lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West and Hand of the King. This would heal the wounds between Houses Targaryen, Stark and Lannister. I know GRRM will never give me this.

Archived