Aegon's political position.

well, Gemma may not have a choice: supporting Kingslayer vs. supporting the only member of House Lannister, who is on good terms with new Targ King.

but hey, where's Tyrek? ;)

My perfect ending has always involved Jon being crowned as King Jon the first of his name and Tyrion as lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West and Hand of the King. This would heal the wounds between Houses Targaryen, Stark and Lannister. I know GRRM will never give me this.

Part of my perfect ending is also Tyrion as lord of Casterly Rock with Sansa as Lady of the Rock. That would be a beautiful punch in the face for Cersei. I still think that they could be a good marriage, not very happy but after all their adventures just decent.

well, Gemma may not have a choice: supporting Kingslayer vs. supporting the only member of House Lannister, who is on good terms with new Targ King.

but hey, where's Tyrek? ;)

Part of my perfect ending is also Tyrion as lord of Casterly Rock with Sansa as Lady of the Rock. That would be a beautiful punch in the face for Cersei. I still think that they could be a good marriage, not very happy but after all their adventures just decent.

Sansa is coming around, I do not hate her as much as I did after the first novel. She will become a queen, Aegon's, then he will die. She may be one of the Stark children that will die. I think GRRM said that at least one more Stark kid will not survive to the end. She has already lost her wolf, not a good omen.

Sansa is coming around, I do not hate her as much as I did after the first novel. She will become a queen, Aegon's, then he will die. She may be one of the Stark children that will die. I think GRRM said that at least one more Stark kid will not survive to the end. She has already lost her wolf, not a good omen.

I see Sansa as one who will definitely survive. I see either Rickon or (in true GRRM fashion) Arya dying.

Robb had his wolf, a lot of good it did him.

I see Sansa as one who will definitely survive. I see either Rickon or (in true GRRM fashion) Arya dying.

Well, I really don't know if she survives, but I agree it's more likely Arya will be the one to die, if we consider her current lifestyle (or maybe Bran, once he fully becomes one with the tree, if that can be considered a death). I always thought her losing her direwolf was GRRM's way of telling us that she no longer carries the Stark heritage, she's completely southern now, something she had mostly been from the start anyway. Which means, for practical purposes: whatever happens next she's not returning North.

I suspect Aegon and Dany will marry according to tradition, reuniting Blackfyre and Targaryen.

The Golden Company and Unsullied will form the backbone of the army that will fight through all the waves upon waves of undead provided to the Others during the civil war. Sansa and Littlefinger will hold safe inside the Vale, well-provisioned and defensible against the hordes. I suspect that we will see dragons defending the Eyrie.

I suspect Aegon and Dany will marry according to tradition, reuniting Blackfyre and Targaryen.

The Golden Company and Unsullied will form the backbone of the army that will fight through all the waves upon waves of undead provided to the Others during the civil war. Sansa and Littlefinger will hold safe inside the Vale, well-provisioned and defensible against the hordes. I suspect that we will see dragons defending the Eyrie.

Dany will not marry a phony son of Rhaegar.

Dany is a long, long way from reaching Westeros, by the time she arrives, Aegon will have acquired the Iron throne, be crowned and married, to Sansa Stark

Dany is a long, long way from reaching Westeros, by the time she arrives, Aegon will have acquired the Iron throne, be crowned and married, to Sansa Stark

Far more likely that they'll be holed up in the Vale with a screaming horde of White Walkers pounding at the gates.

I fully expect Sansa to marry either Sweet Robin (if he survives) or Harold Hardyng. I think her fate is tied to the Vale.

Everyone's fate is tied to the Vale. Besides Dorne, it's the only location on Westeros not already devastated by civil war.

Winter is coming.

Far more likely that they'll be holed up in the Vale with a screaming horde of White Walkers pounding at the gates.

Everyone's fate is tied to the Vale. Besides Dorne, it's the only location on Westeros not already devastated by civil war.

Winter is coming.

Dorne has also not been touched. I dare say the Dornishman will have a role to play also.

I think Rickon will survive. He is till now quite useless, so his death would be meaningless. In this case it was easier to not create his character ;)

Aegon needs allies, Dorne is ready to fight, they think their prince is coming with Dany and dragons. He is comming home in chared ruins. Doran will be devastated, Aegon will be like a gift from the Gods. He will be his baby sister's baby, saved at the last second those years ago come back to take what is his. Dorne will be his, The Vale was mentioned specifically, I tell you, Sansa has claim to Winterfell and the Riverlands, especially if she can get out of that Lannister marriage (until, Rickon and Shaggy Dog show up). If everyone else below the neck believes this is Aegon, then Littlefinger would not think twice about this, Littlefinger knows the Lannisters are done, The Tyrells can implicate him. He has untapped military in the Vale and he needs to get them off his back. What better way to do this than fight for the new king. The king everyone will believe is the rightful ruler.

Aegon needs allies, Dorne is ready to fight, they think their prince is coming with Dany and dragons. He is comming home in chared ruins. Doran will be devastated, Aegon will be like a gift from the Gods. He will be his baby sister's baby, saved at the last second those years ago come back to take what is his. Dorne will be his, The Vale was mentioned specifically, I tell you, Sansa has claim to Winterfell and the Riverlands, especially if she can get out of that Lannister marriage (until, Rickon and Shaggy Dog show up). If everyone else below the neck believes this is Aegon, then Littlefinger would not think twice about this, Littlefinger knows the Lannisters are done, The Tyrells can implicate him. He has untapped military in the Vale and he needs to get them off his back. What better way to do this than fight for the new king. The king everyone will believe is the rightful ruler.

Thoros Of Myr and Dondorian have spread the faith of R'hollor throughout the Riverlands. Whether this translates into support for Stannis is unclear. Gulltown stayed loyal to the Targaryeans and it is where Petyr has most of his support. Stannis might be able substitute his bastard girl for Littlefingers if he recognizes Maya Stone. Varys could find a way to get involved, he might favor keeping her married to Tyrion. Ser Lyn Corobay fought against Robert an Jon Arryn at Gulltown. So he was pro-Targ early on and then went over to Roberts side to save his skin. Ser Bonifer was in love with Danys Mother, he is castletan of Harrenhal, Petyrs seat. He seems to be posistioning himself to support the Targaryeans.

he's far from useless he' bran heir and for the war the stark in winterfell

he will be far from useless when he show up (and don't get me wrong, I think he will be very important) - he is like Checkov's gun, but now he just is and wait for his turn.

[hell, till now Trystane Martell had more impact to the story]

I think Rickon will be brought back in order to reclaim the North for the Starks. With Jon still a bastard and Bran beyond the wall, Rickon is the obvious choice to build a Stark claim around. He must be about 8 at least in the books now so it would be only be a few more years before he is considered a man grown.

I think with Sansa tied to the vale through Littlefingers cunning by gaining support from Rickon gains full support from Lord Manderly, the North and whats left of the riverlands loyal to the starks leading to a battle/war with Aegon.

I reckon this will be the final clash between Littlefinger vrs Varys who have been trying to outwit each other from the start and will settle whether Aegon gains the iron throne temporarily.

I fully expect Sansa to marry either Sweet Robin (if he survives) or Harold Hardyng. I think her fate is tied to the Vale.

Littlefinger's ambitions are far greater than the Vale. And Sansa's role in the larger plot will be more consequential too.

If she is to become queen of Westeros, whether for a brief time or permanently, there's really only one person who is a good match for her as king -- Aegon.

Archived