• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't understand why everyone thinks, she's going to sail the seas to get to Westeros directly from Meeren. If she does that half her ships will be destroyed before they make it there.

IMO she will have to walk there. She'll go through Tolos, Mantarys, and the Demon Road to Volantis. Then from Volants, to Pentos, and then she'll cross the narrow sea where there isn't much water at all. I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all of the ships are destroyed in the upcoming battle.

she just did the marriage thing, so Euron's out of luck.

A good sharp blade will solve that problem.

I don't understand why everyone thinks, she's going to sail the seas to get to Westeros directly from Meeren. If she does that half her ships will be destroyed before they make it there.

IMO she will have to walk there. She'll go through Tolos, Mantarys, and the Demon Road to Volantis. Then from Volants, to Pentos, and then she'll cross the narrow sea where there isn't much water at all. I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all of the ships are destroyed in the upcoming battle.

My theory is her forces will move west in three prongs, her khalasar will go through the Dothraki Sea, the rest will go west by boat or along the demon road. Their destination would be Volantis in the short term I suppose. The glass candles will allow these three prongs to maintain communication with each other and coordinate their efforts

Seems to me she could do a lot worse than turning things over to King Shakaz I. That's a man who'd be more competent at hanging onto to power than the people she left ruling Astapor.

You mean Skahaz, the Shavepate?

Am I the only one seeing "The Harpy" written in bright letters all over his forehead?

You mean Skahaz, the Shavepate?

Am I the only one seeing "The Harpy" written in bright letters all over his forehead?

No, the fact that he got his own private army/police force because of the murders makes him a good candidate. Also, he stands out as a candidate to poison Hizdar (not Dany) because he was the one who stood to lose the most out of the peace and their marriage. The guy is eriously dangerous, ruthless, violent and ambitious with a bone to pick with the rest of the Meereen nobility. He reminds me of the various factions that joined the Nazis in occupied countries during WWII. Starngely, I think he is loyal to Dany in his way, since his new found power stems from her.

Still, I'd go with Dany's assessment that there is no Son of Harpy, but rather several, meaning that the network has connections with several prominent members of Meereenese aristocracy who use them for their own interests.

Archived