Most Annoying Saying

I look forward to the day when someone realises that, since white ravens do not carry written messages at all, it follows that the color of the wings has no bearing on the content of the message. Then the motto will be revised to "Dark wings = words."

The whole point is that every word is dark, or else it wouldnt be sent. In The Fiddler on the Roof some dude asked Tevye if his cuz is ok and if they write and he said he is ok but they dont write, the dude was like so how do you know so Tevye said if sompthing was wrong he would have written me.

But to the OP i like it when they recycle words, especially A Game Of Thrones Actually i do, Winter is Coming

"Wherever whores go" and "Lancel and Kettleblack and Moonboy for all I know"

Special mention: "The night is dark..".

I am also tiring of the "Bear and Maiden Fair"

I didn't like that song from the moment I heard read it, but after three books with tons of reference about it, I got to a point where I kindda like it now... Just like a boring joke that one of your friends would have repeated so many times that it became funny...

Hes dead, I killed him, I saw him die, he fell during the battle.

that and

No it was a rumor, it was glamour, it was somebody else, I lost my hound helm, Vinnie Jones is full of shit; hands only CPR my arse just give me the kiss of life any day; 3 days later did the trick for me.

"much and more"

"little and less"

Ugh. I. cant. anymore.

Also "I am but a young girl and know nothing of..." :tantrum: yea, Dany...if you are a young girl and know nothing it might be a good idea to listen to advice. just a thought...

"Word are wind" got pretty old in Dance.

I loved the quote "A man wants to be king of the rabbits, he'd best find a pair of floppy ears." But then Dany kept referencing it again and again till it really got annoying.

To be fair, her whole arc in ADWD was a bit like going down the rabbit hole to me-harpies,weddings, pale mares, Dornish princes,spotted cats, sellswords...

"Words are wind..."

"I'm but a young girl and know nothing..."

In think I'm sensing a theme here... :ack:

And as for the Lannisters, yes, we get it, you pay your debts. We don't need to be reminded every time you have a conversation. :bang:

"... much and more."

"... little and less."

"almost a man-grown"

"it is known"

"you know nothing, jon snow."

I get it. Repetition either I) makes GRRM's point or II) demonstrates common phrases used by the peeps ---> but for god's sake... some of it gets on my every last nerve!

Archived