Your craziest theories you don't believe yourself

a free shadow

This is the place for craziest, funniest, most and least insightful theories, notions, connections. ASoIaF is written in such a way that sometimes it is hard to separate a true clue from a passing coincidental thing. And at most trying (boring) times you can see clues that are not there :D

But here every truth is true.

To give you an example, there is one great theory that Sandor and Gregor Clegane are brothers. But if you have come up with something similarly heretical, please back it up elaborately.

And there are those simple obvious things that you find, like Robb married Jeyne Westerling, because she reminded him of Jeyne Poole. Jeyne and Jeyne? Not a coincidence! Robb was secretly in love with Jeyne Poole all the time (we never get his point of view or else we would know that the first thing he wanted from Lannisters is to take her back, the war was started for Jeyne).

Say your part!

And welcome!

Well, come on folks, surely the biggie is that the last chapter in book 10 will have Bran waking from his sleep the morning after the big feast for King Robert at Winterfell, and telling his brother Robb that he had the wildest crazy dream. And then Robb will go and give Theon deep shit for letting Bran have two glasses of wine at dinner the night before.

Well, come on folks, surely the biggie is that the last chapter in book 10 will have Bran waking from his sleep the morning after the big feast for King Robert at Winterfell, and telling his brother Robb that he had the wildest crazy dream. And then Robb will go and give Theon deep shit for letting Bran have two glasses of wine at dinner the night before.

That rings true. But were there any clues in the text? Some clever clues?

Ice Dragon in the wall!

I can't help but think there will be some big surprise later in the books hidden in, of all things, a children's book that grrm wrote based in this world. Maybe Jon gets the Ice dragon? He then learns why the Others won't let Nights Watch men very far north and kill them before they get too far beyond the wall: because they are protecting something. He then joins that side of the war to fight against Dany with Bran on his side. ridiculous.

That rings true. But were there any clues in the text? Some clever clues?

It is known.

Edit: Look, I really shouldn't be giving away deep dark secrets, but Bran Stark is an angram for Bark Rants, which of course means GRRM has secretly been howling at the moon using Bran as the conduit. Climbing walls, being pushed out the window by the most beautiful, badass handsome brave knight in Westeros?

What have you been smoking?

It's also an anagram for Rank Brats: in other words, the Brats of Winterfell stink to high heaven, and you got sucked in by the smell.

And it's backed up fully by the anagram for Brandon Stark, Darn Knobs Rat. Bran's just a knob, allright, and worse than any rat Theon eats in ADWD.

There's much much more......

Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail will be melted down and reforged into Ice. Symbolically, it works. Like Ice, the Starks were separated, but are finally reunited. Like Ice, the Starks have suffered and will never be the same again. Such a potentially bittersweet moment, but I would love it.

GRRM can and will finish the series. Since he will write more efficiently from now on, it will only take him 4 more books. Since the threads will start to converge henceforth, writing will become easier for him, and he will release one volume every 3 years. The series will be completed by 2022. The ending will ROCK!

GRRM can and will finish the series. Since he will write more efficiently from now on, it will only take him 4 more books. Since the threads will start to converge henceforth, writing will become easier for him, and he will release one volume every 3 years. The series will be completed by 2022. The ending will ROCK!

Other than the fact that I believe it will take 3 books and it might take him some more time to release each one, I actually mostly agree. I see the books finishing in like 15 years at most and possibly less for example at 2024. And that the ending will rock. I guess I am crazy.

Many and More Reasons Why Stannis Is Rhaegar

A note on a name:

1) 'stannis' begins and ends with s

2) 'rhaegar' begins and ends with r

3) the middle of stannis is tanni, a girl's name

4) the middle of rhaegar is haega, which sounds like a girl's name

5) specifically a targaryen girl's name (they love their conjoined vowels as much as they love their siblings)

Rhaegar (Stannis) simply incremented the initial and final letters in his name and selected a new feminine appellation (which explains why he spent so much time in the red keep's library flipping through books) to insert between them.

This explains why:

6) He lives on dragonstone (the targaryen fasthold)

7) Davos says Edric Storm looks more like Renly and Robert than Stannis (because he is Rhaegar)

8) He did not get along with Robert (because he was Rhaegar)

9) He hid in Storm's End during the rebellion (the last place Robert would think to look)

10) He claims he is the rightful king (by virtue of being Rhaegar)

11) He goes north (because he is the prince that was promised)

12) Mel digs him (see number 11)

13) He wants to set Jon Snow up with some nice digs, namely Winterfell (because he is his father)

Objections Refuted:

Question: But who died on the Trident?

Answer: Not Rhaegar (he was busy being Stannis at the time)

Question: Wouldn't the Baratheons be suspicious of a spurious middle child in their midst?

Answer: Robert was too drunk to remember how many brothers he had; Renly was too chill to mind if the sibling count varied at times; the father had perished years earlier in the sea (an event witnessed personally by Rhaegar (Stannis)).

Closing Argument:

Stannis (Rhaegar) cut off Davos's fingertips

Thus, Davos's gloves do not fit

If the gloves don't fit, you must admit

Stannis is Rhaegar.

<snip> for space

Closing Argument:

Stannis (Rhaegar) cut off Davos's fingertips

Thus, Davos's gloves do not fit

If the gloves don't fit, you must admit

Stannis is Rhaegar.

Oh sweetling, you got it, you got it! Right on!

Edit: And that was only your 2nd post, I noticed! And your first post was, Sam the POV that was pointless? Welcome to Westeros, you crazy b.......d, you fit right in!

Other than the fact that I believe it will take 3 books and it might take him some more time to release each one, I actually mostly agree. I see the books finishing in like 15 years at most and possibly less for example at 2024. And that the ending will rock. I guess I am crazy.

Well, it is all a balance of implausibilities. A satisfactory finish in 3 books is somewhat more implausible than a satisfactory finish in 4 books, but it is not entirely beyond the bounds of possibility. On the other hand, one book every 5 years is less implausible than 1 book every 3 years.

Sadly, I don't really believe either scenario. I'm not as "crazy" as you.

Archived