Your craziest theories you don't believe yourself

a free shadow

Queen Old Nan and King Greatjohn Umber (there's a short romance in book 7) end up claiming the Iron Throne, because they're the only two who managed to survive the Ice Zombie invasion.

The Mad Mouse absconds with Sansa from the Vale, spoiling his plans, but is intercepted by Cersei's tapestries being delivered to LF. Sansa sneaks away and runs into the BwB, and meets Lady Stoneheart. Lady Stoneheart revives Jaime for fulfilling his oath (he happened to have just been killed shortly beforehand), and Brienne serves as her protector. Jaime, Brienne, and Sansa abscond to...THE ISLE OF TARTH (couldn't think of anywhere safer).

K that was kinda fun.

Oh, and Rhaenys and Aegon were never heirs to the Iron Throne. They are bastards, born of incest between Oberyn and Elia Martell, secretly. No wonder he is so pissed about her death he fights the Mountain! :cool4: We know Oberyn was kinda kinky that way. So "Aegon" is in for some disappointment....("Aegon" gets his Targ features because both Elia and Oberyn have recessive Targ genes). Rhaegar got cuckholded! Cersei/Jaime was just history repeating itself.

That makes Jon Snow Rhaegar's only child, even if he's a bastard, he has a better claim than Aegon who is a double-Martell.

How's that for another twisted incest crackpot? At least it's more believable than Ned/Lyanna (gak :stillsick: ).

It really pains me to say this but Elia/Oberyn is my favourite crack theory, too :-)

The other:

- The Valonquar is not a person but the smallfolk (little brother = smallfolk, subordninated to nobility)

- Cersei will be killed in a riot or revolution in KL

- Coldhands is actually Rhaegar Targaryen, "Coldhands" is a reference to him freezing his hands while fondling his icy mistress

- Tyrion is the son of Cersei and Jaime, Joanna Lannister commited suicide when she found out

- Syrio Forel and Lord Varys have been the same person all along

Very elaborate and very devious. Is your full name Ser Lepus of House Baelish, perchance? :bowdown:

And the funniest thing is that my theory would make good old too-honourable-to-live Ned Stark the most successful liar in the ASOIAF world, making everybody believe a falacy and rewriting history in order to protect the reputation of his family and the life of his loved ones,...without breaking character.

And now my own theory: Aegon VI is in reality a Blackfyre descendant and Ilyrio's son. Of course people have speculated much about this. But why would Varys assist with such a scheme? It has also been speculated that he is a Blackfye himself or at least a supporter of their cause. All of these I consider to be true, but I suspect Varys's involvement to be even greater. Because he is not an eunuch. And not a male for that matter. He is in fact Aegon's mother and the wife of Ilyrio Mopatis. She (Varys) was a Blackfyre who infiltrated the RedKeep, in an effort to supplant the Targaryen Dinasty and place herself and her husband on the throne. To achieve this she purposefully gained weight and shaved her hair, in order to pose as an eunuch. After the brutal death of baby Aegon, she realized there is a much easier way and so she gave birth to Aegon Mopatis Blackfyre Targaryen, nine months after Ilyrio's secret visit to the RK and started her masterplan. Proof: everytime Varys is in court, she is described as being powdered and perfumed. What are these if not subtle hints from the author that Varys is in fact a female?

While the theory as a whole is a crackpot one, the part about Varys being a woman in disguise is not impossible at all; many manly-looking women have disguised themselves as men in order to protect themselves from abuse and pursue jobs usually out of the reach of females; I can see Varys-girl disguising herself as a boy in order to not be molested by her fellow thieves...that would draw a parallel between Varys and Arya.

I have picked up on one of the biggest hints that Jon is a Targaryen indeed.

Is it a hint or is it foreshadowing? No matter what, it is there.

You know Ygritte, kissed by fire? But did you notice that no actual fire has ever kissed her. Never. Except Jon Targaryen going under his alias "Snow". Targaryens are "Fire".

I hear small round of applause. It will do :)

Benjen Stark is the new NightsKing. He has found out the same thing that the original NightsKing discovered, and turned his back from the Night's Watch because they are fighting for either the wrong idea, or even the wrong side.

• 3 weeks later...

My crackpot theory is that Kings and Queens by divine right will cease to exist in Westeros after the smallfolk get sick of being pawns in their games. Dany makes it to Westeros but when she sees the plight of the smallfolk, she realizes that the nobility is the problem and so she creates a republic. her time in slavers bay aids her in this process.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/61463-the-dragon-rider-adwd-spoilers/ That thread suggests that Quentyn is alive. With that in mind, Quentyn flies on Viserion to Westeros, where he meets some trouble at the Eyrie and has to stay briefly. Sansa sees the opportunity in this, seduces Quentyn, abandons the Vale (and maybe even kills Baelish), then heads south to Dorne where she becomes the master behind-the-scenes manipulator.

Course, Quentyn would have to be alive for that to work, and that's a shaky prospect at best.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a single character is really dead; GRRM is going to pull a huge twist at the end of the last book, where it turns out that everyone only THOUGHT they died.

Ned Stark is on the Quiet Isle. Standing there staring at his head in his hands when Sandor breaks the news to him. The three of them have a VERY interesting conversation on the walk back to King's Landing.

Well, come on folks, surely the biggie is that the last chapter in book 10 will have Bran waking from his sleep the morning after the big feast for King Robert at Winterfell, and telling his brother Robb that he had the wildest crazy dream. And then Robb will go and give Theon deep shit for letting Bran have two glasses of wine at dinner the night before.

I had a very similar theory, just with Wesley Crusher beeing the one to wake up saying "Gosh, what a strange dream I just had".

Also it would be totaly wesome if Ramsay was the Prince who was Promised.

• 2 years later...

Archived