Worst Possible Ending for ASoIaF

Patchface12

This was the idea of someone else on another forum, but its so brilliantly awful that it must be quoted.

Jon and Dany win the battle against the Others. They stand in front of the Haunted Forest, waiting for the Great Other to emerge. Then, George R.R. Martin comes out of the woods, revealing that he is the Great Other, and thanks us all for reading his books.

This might send me into a murderous rage if it actually turned out to be the ending.

There are two variants of ending which I consider awful:

Variant A: Jon Targaryen watches, eyes full of love, his aunt-wife approaching. Together they saved Westeros and their undying love will heal the land. They sit together on the Iron Throne. Some Stark dies, thus the bitter-sweet ending.

Variant B: Tyrion Targaryen "The Magnificent", the first of his name, watches, eyes full of lust, his half-sister-wife approaching. He saved Westeros mostly by himself, riding his dragon mount. Many people fought the Others and died, but this is inconsequential. He and Dany sit together on the Iron Throne, but he controls her through his great manliness. Tyrion's unequaled brilliance will heal the land. He never finds out where whores go, thus the bittersweet ending.

I'm perfectly fine with Jon being a Targ, as long as he stays the hell away from the little miss. These are the worst things I can imagine, but I expect unpleasant surprises from other posters.

Jon and Dany win the battle against the Others. They stand in front of the Haunted Forest, waiting for the Great Other to emerge. Then, George R.R. Martin comes out of the woods, revealing that he is the Great Other, and thanks us all for reading his books.

This might send me into a murderous rage if it actually turned out to be the ending.

That would be the greatest thing I had ever read in my life, and I'd create a shrine in dedication to this amazing troll.

The others have no way of getting into the seven kingdoms so they just keep living north of the wall in peace.

Aegon wins and keeps the Iro Throne and marries Margary.

Dany gets to the steptones with Victarion and decides to live togetherate-man and pirate-wife.

Bran realices the Evil he's become and wargs into Hodor and kills himself.

Arya kills Sansa.

Melissandre marries Jon and have Lot of shadowbabys that terrorise westeros

Tyrion ends up regent for Jon and Daenery's child after the former perishes fighting the Others and the latter dies soon thereafter giving birth to the child, thereby finally fulfilling Mirri Maz Duur's prophecy.

I actually think this is a strong possibility which frankly terrifies me.

After a strange, contrived and rushed last few books in the series, the Others are defeated and Jon personally confronts the Great Other, who despite the build-up, turns out to be nothing more than a crazy old man who throws wildfire caches at him. After the Great Other is defeated, Jon rushes to the top of the Frostfangs and finds a door with his name on it. When he opens the door, it takes him back to the day they saw Gared beheaded in Game of Thrones.

Or was that the ending of another series?

The Dragons become ill and die. The Others break south of the Wall and reign an eternal winter of darkness and death on all of Westeros and soon into Essos as well. The world is ice and eternal darkness with the end of man.

Actually I would find that interesting. At least it would be unexpected.

Tyrion ends up regent for Jon and Daenery's child after the former perishes fighting the Others and the latter dies soon thereafter giving birth to the child, thereby finally fulfilling Mirri Maz Duur's prophecy.

I actually think this is a strong possibility which frankly terrifies me.

That makes two of us. My two nightmares combined into one...

That makes two of us. My two nightmares combined into one...

Three, please :ack:

The Dragons become ill and die. The Others break south of the Wall and reign an eternal winter of darkness and death on all of Westeros and soon into Essos as well. The world is ice and eternal darkness with the end of man.

I could live with this one, to be honest, sounds better than dragons saving the day and everyone living happily ever after.

Archived