Worst Possible Ending for ASoIaF

Patchface12

As King Gendry,the First of his Name, etc, etc sits the Iron Throne for the first time,he issues his first Royal Decree-

"In deference to the most important God,from this day forth all bastards shall be named Smith."

Actually, I'd love to see Sandor and Sandor riding into the sunset followed by a pack of doggies with pink ribbons. Big lumbering Mastiffs with pink ribboned collars. Maybe a fierce little terrier herding the Mastiffs.

Unfortunately, GRRM is not going to write me that ending. :crying:

Oh Sandor and Sandor, this is something I would love too! :D

But as doggies clever mongrels with furry ears, soft noses and rainbow ribbons are far more cute!

Sorry couldn't resist :blush:

Actually, I'd love to see Sandor and Sandor riding into the sunset followed by a pack of doggies with pink ribbons. Big lumbering Mastiffs with pink ribboned collars. Maybe a fierce little terrier herding the Mastiffs. Unfortunately, GRRM is not going to write me that ending. :crying:

And I will thank the gods everyday for that. :bowdown:

One of the following:

1. Jon and Dany fall in love.

2. Benjen is Coldhands.

3. Ned returns from the dead.

4. Rickon becomes a super-badass commander at age 6.

5. Davos is Azor Ashai reborn.

Basically, anything which is completely ridiculous or cliché. However, these are things which would not be awful but would make me mad due to emotional turmoil or because things don't pan out the way I hope:

1. Davos does not survive.

2. Davos does not survive.

3. Tyrion does not see Tysha before he dies/the series ends.

4. Dany wins the Game of Thrones.

5. Arya remains an assassin.

7. Varys is killed.

Worst possible ending for me would be a sad end to Arya. She's been through so much shit and has gone from bad to worse. She needs something unshitty to happen, and for her to perish in any way would hurt more than anything to me--or if she does have to snuff it, then in performing an act that somehow saves the North in general and House Stark in specific. But why is my gut telling me that she's going to wind up in the collections department for the Iron Bank?

I'm also hoping Hodor makes it all the way through, but if Bran is to stay with CotF then I can see the big guy's storyline ending in book 6, unfortunately.

I'd also be a bit saddened if San/San didn't at least come to grips with each other one final time. I can't see him surviving to the end (Mycah's death must be paid for) but some kind of peace with his Little Bird wouldn't suck.

One of the following:

1. Jon and Dany fall in love.

This wouldn't kill me, provided the payoff was worth it. Dany needs to change a lot, though.

2. Benjen is Coldhands.

I'd wager this is exactly the case. Genre Uncle Ben Syndrome is always fatal.

5. Davos is Azor Ashai reborn.

I could live with that pretty happily, unlikely as it might be.

1. Davos does not survive.

2. Davos does not survive.

Yeah, next to Arya (and even before Tyrion), Davos is my favourite.

3. Tyrion does not see Tysha before he dies/the series ends.

That, too, would suck almighty weaselballs.

7. Varys is killed.

Not me. I want him gone. His self-righteous 'for the good of Westeros' meddling probably cost the lives of far too many who should not have died. Him and Littlefinger dying with their hands around each others' throats, as prophesy predicted for Londo and G'Kar in Babylon-5 would suit me just fine thank you.

Oh Sandor and Sandor, this is something I would love too! :D

But as doggies clever mongrels with furry ears, soft noses and rainbow ribbons are far more cute!

Sorry couldn't resist :blush:

I meant Sansa and Sandor, oops. Still like the idea of Mastiffs with pink beribboned collars. Mastiffs won't care what color their ribbons are. Just as long as Sansa doesn't put pink ribbons on Sandor!

But mixed-breeds with multi-colored ribbons would do nicely.

I see people saying they want Tyrion to see Tysha again...

PLEASE NO ! Anything but that ! I would buy Davos being a secret Targ, but not this, please! That would be one of the most stupid thing ever to do ! ^^

No Stark at the Wall and no Stark in Winterfell would be my worst ending.

I'd agree that having no Starks left in Winterfell - or no Winterfell as we've known it - would be a terrible downer but why no Stark on the wall? There isn't one now (Snow!=Stark), nor was it an honored tradition as far as I can recall.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say the idea of the Wall and the Night's Watch itself may not even exist by the end of the story. There've been numerous references to the long winters/summers being caused by magic and perhaps the conclusion of the series will be that the Wall and NW may no longer be needed because the White Walkers or Other threats may no longer be present. That would actually be a pretty cool (partial) conclusion, IMHO.

Jamie makes good on his promise and there is no one left in the world except he and Cersei

or

Lannister's keep the Iron Throne

LF marries Cersei and they have lots of heirs

No more Starks in Winterfell

The Other's were a distraction and don't mean anything in the end

Dany dies enroute to Westeros

All that would be crap.

Archived