Worst Possible Ending for ASoIaF

Patchface12

Worst possible ending for me would be a sad end to Arya. She's been through so much shit and has gone from bad to worse. She needs something unshitty to happen, and for her to perish in any way would hurt more than anything to me--or if she does have to snuff it, then in performing an act that somehow saves the North in general and House Stark in specific. But why is my gut telling me that she's going to wind up in the collections department for the Iron Bank?

I'm also hoping Hodor makes it all the way through, but if Bran is to stay with CotF then I can see the big guy's storyline ending in book 6, unfortunately.

I'd also be a bit saddened if San/San didn't at least come to grips with each other one final time. I can't see him surviving to the end (Mycah's death must be paid for) but some kind of peace with his Little Bird wouldn't suck.

This wouldn't kill me, provided the payoff was worth it. Dany needs to change a lot, though.

I'd wager this is exactly the case. Genre Uncle Ben Syndrome is always fatal.

I could live with that pretty happily, unlikely as it might be.

Yeah, next to Arya (and even before Tyrion), Davos is my favourite.

That, too, would suck almighty weaselballs.

Not me. I want him gone. His self-righteous 'for the good of Westeros' meddling probably cost the lives of far too many who should not have died. Him and Littlefinger dying with their hands around each others' throats, as prophesy predicted for Londo and G'Kar in Babylon-5 would suit me just fine thank you.

I love Davos, don't get me wrong, but he's just an average man. It would be completely out of character if he one day becomes King and is the Chosen One and is all like "Cool."

I want Varys to live simply because everyone wants him dead. Besides, we need schemers to keep things interesting!

Benjen is Coldhands: I agree, it is the most likely scenario but I believe we will never know who Coldhands is and we will also never find out what happened to Benjen, so it's for everyone to decide themselves.

Tyrion is revealed as secret Targ, AA and the Prince that was promised. He kills the Others (plus Jon) off screen and rules Westeros. His wives are Sansa (who is deeply ashamed that she resisted his charms at age 12 and meekly makes up for this for the rest of her life), Dany (who finally sees the light and accepts the natural male superiority), Cersei (who learns that he has been Teh best all along) and Tisha (who has loved him since age 13 even after her traumatic gang rape). His Small Council consists of Meeren nobleman with unspeakable names and he has introduced the the Drowned God cult as new state religion with the Damphair as its leader. Tyrion´s hand is Darkstar because he told him where the whore go. Good times...

1. Rickon brought back to Winterfell and Sansa being irrelevant to the North. Nothing against the kiddo, but he is only 6 old and has not been raised befitting to an highborn lord and he cant do nothing for the north at the moment. Nor Want I him as the lord of winterfell in the near future.

2. Brienne and/or Jaime die

3. Tyrion and Sansa together in the end :yuck:

4. Little Finger getting away with everything.

5. Any Stark dying/ Jon being really dead.

6. Dany being the younger and more beautiful queen. Incredible anti-climatic

That would be the greatest thing I had ever read in my life, and I'd create a shrine in dedication to this amazing troll.

Stephen King Spoiler

Have you read the Dark Tower series by Stephen King? He does something very similar....

pretty much any other Stark dying. I know the endings supposed to be bittersweet, but even if they all make it back to Winterfell their castle will be burned and they'll be Robb-less orphans. sounds bittersweet enough for me already :(

also if Howland doesn't know who Jon's parents are. Bonus points if he does know but dies before he can tell Jon. (bonus bonus points if he dies by getting hung by Stoneheart).

I don't mind predictable endings, if they are well written and makes sense (Usually to to a unpredictable end character tend to do stuff that is uncharacteristic for then, and to me this is bad writing.)

But the final has to have Tyrion showing his sister, point by point, how stupid and idiot she was the whole time, while, of course, he tortures her to death...

The Great Others ends up being a sparkling pedophile with a permanent look of constipation, who must live forever looking like he's 18.

Let me guess, he's also in love with a simpering drama queen that is supposed to be likeable, but just makes you want to tear your hair out in rage.

• 3 weeks later...

Benjen rides south accompanied by a wilding spearwife. Years earlier Benjen and his troop trakced a group of spearwives north. Along the way several of Benjen's men were seperated. Benjen and his last remaning men followed the spearwives into a cavern. a fight ensued and all but Benjen and one spearwife were killed. Both were injured. They formed a temperary alliance that later blossumed into love. When they were well enough to leave the cave they found they were snowed end. They travelled the cave until they came across under ground springs full of fish. They live together in isolation.

When the snows melt Benjen and the women venture out. They find little trace of human or animal life. They eventually come across a horse. Riding south there is no sign of the wall. Benjen recognizes last hearth. He is confused. Eventually he comes across a rebuilt winterfell. He learns of the noble sacrifice of his nephew Jon Snow, the destruction of the nights watch, the cannibal the deceitful Manderly masqueraded as his nephew Rickon, and the unknown little girl of the faceless men killed in the struggle. Finally the few remaining inhaitants bend down on one knee and cry out,"Benjen Stark, the King in the North!"

Jon is revived, and presides over the Wall as it falls down to the others.

After cutting down hundreds of Others heroically, he gets overwhelmed. The Great Other stands over him laughing, while Jon Snow tries desperately to get up and reach his sword.

"NO! I must kill The Demons!"

"No Jon," said the Great Other. "You ARE the Demons."

And then Jon was an Other.

Archived