New Trailer: The More You Love

Westeros

Wow. Yet another new trailer, this one seeming to take its thematic focus on the topic of love.. and containing our first looks (in the show) of Ygritte and what I do believe is Asha Yara. Plus a magnificent cityscape of King’s Landing, looking much nearer to how I suspect many fans envisioned it now that its architecture is more along the lines of continental Europe. Very interesting…

The More You Love Trailer

Visit the Site!

More like 'The More of the Same' :P

But no, I jest, love the trailer. Thoughts:

• Kings Landing looks absolutely beautiful this season.
  • That woman in the snow... I thought at first "Ygritte" but then "Gilly wrapped in Sam's cloak." Probably the latter.
  • They seem to be really pushing the relationship between Renly and Margaery, huh? Even with sex scenes? Something that was spoke of but not explicitly seen in the books...

Edit: Oh wow I saw it too. For half a second, Theon and Yara sharing a horse, his hands wrapped around her.

Some initial reactions:

1. They're definitely playing up the Robb/Jeyne relationship, which I think is a bold gamble but necessary. Robb's actions about his relationship are vitally important for the plot, they need to hold up under the dramatic weight being placed upon them. If the relationship hasn't been shown to mean something, we run the risk of "Stupid Ned" syndrome.

2. I wonder if the're doing some slight alterations to the Dany/Jorah relationship, because those two have very visible mutual chemistry.

3. Ygritte looks awesome.

4. Margaery Tyrell is Anne Boleyn. I would argue this is actually close enough to canon to work, given how she's initially discussed in the first book. It also may suggest that Renly is bi or that Margaery is down with being a beard (or she might be gay/bi herself, given all her handmaidens).

5. Interesting to see Cersei slapping Joffrey; certainly I don't remember her ever doing that in the books. Tommen yes, not Joffrey.

6. I wonder if they're emphasizing Theon's fling with the captain's daughter to leave open the possibility of that theory about the Greyjoy heir.

7. Stannis and Melisandre are really blatant from the off; this will be a huge challenge for them to pull off and still get Stannis right.

More like 'The More of the Same' :P

But no, I jest, love the trailer. Thoughts:

• Kings Landing looks absolutely beautiful this season.
  • That woman in the snow... I thought at first "Ygritte" but then "Gilly wrapped in Sam's cloak." Probably the latter.
  • They seem to be really pushing the relationship between Renly and Margaery, huh? Even with sex scenes? Something that was spoke of but not explicitly seen in the books...

Edit: Oh wow I saw it too. For half a second, Theon and Yara sharing a horse, his hands wrapped around her.

Is that Yara or the ship captain's daughter?

And when does Gilly carry Jon's sword?

Here's a pic of Theon and his bosom buddy. Make your own mind up. Looks like the scene where he is sharing the horse with Asha/Yara and can't keep his hands off her. Surely they won't take that out? It's funny as hell!

Link: http://i.imgur.com/mGY79.jpg

Didn't see the sword, but then does Ygritte ever hold his sword either?

The girl in question: http://i.imgur.com/MevWa.jpg

Here's a pic of Theon and his bosom buddy. Make your own mind up. Looks like the scene where he is sharing the horse with Asha/Yara and can't keep his hands off her. Surely they won't take that out? It's funny as hell!

Link: http://i.imgur.com/mGY79.jpg

Didn't see the sword, but then does Ygritte ever hold his sword either?

The girl in question: http://i.imgur.com/MevWa.jpg

She's wearing a dress! It could be Gemma Whelan, but it doesn't really look like her headshot on wic.net. Could just be a rather unflattering angle, but her face looks a lot heavier to me.

As for Ygritte or Gilly, I see red hair. Looks more like Rose Leslie to me.

I loved that trailer.

I shot in the beginning at Robb's camp and over King's Landing were beautiful.

The relationships seemed more the focus of that one and for obvious reasons of fitting the tagline.

Sort of sends chills when you're are listening to Catelyn speak to Robb in the beginning.

I really liked Tyrion's exchange with Sansa, I am a bit worried about how much they will have go on between Stannis and Melisandre. With HBO sensibilities we might have King Stannis kissing fire scenes.

Theon gropping his sister is the only thing that makes sense. I couldn't see them making the captain's daughter ridding horse with Theon, not when he and his sister have that classic scene to use.

The music is amazing in this, it really builds up the impact while watching the trailer.

I can see myself cringing a bit when I see Jorah coming onto Daenerys this season. For some reason, I did not mind it much in the books - other than the fact I thought he was a fool for expecting her to reciprocate.

This is not such a good trailer..... not like the others, but this one really has a lot of goodies, the new characters, some spoilers, some changes from the books.... some needs to do a real analysis on this :)). Anyway, I heard that next week HBO will release some big clips, like they did before season 1... interviews, makings of.... and so on, is that true??

Is it me or does Asha look realy bad??? She's not pretty at all in this trailer.... that's a shame, i don't know why they uglied her up.

Archived