The Best imaginable Scenes from the Winds of Winter

a free shadow

In the first (2) or (3) chapters I would like to see Jon awakening in Winterfell's Godswood to the sound of one approaching. He shakes off the cobwebs from inside his head, stands and turns as he rises to the sight of Eddard Stark. After they embrace, Eddard tells him that his time has not yet come, that he has a purpose and needs to return for the good of the realm and fulfill his destiny. He also recalls the promise he made Jon on the kings road that the next time they see each other they would talk about his mother. Ned tells him that he is his Uncle and his sister Lyanna is his Mother. That while he did not intend the hurt it has caused him, he insures him it was the only option to protect him. The truth and his purpose will be found in the crypts below Winterfell, he tells Jon to go there and he will understand what it is he is to do. After a long silence, Ned tells him he always loved him as a son and with that Jon asks the logical question, If you are not my father then who is? But before Ned could speak, Jon felt a strong force pulling him away from the Godswood and his father, he awakes in Ghost who is at the foot of Jon's smoking body in the snow as Melisandre approaches, with Eddard's words "the crypts, Jon, go to the crypts" ringing in his head.

Having just watched the Deathly Hallows again, I'm just afraid that might look a bit too cliche :S

Arya completing her training, and getting an assignment to go out west. There she meets up with nymeria and her huge badass pack of wolves.

Jon meeting up with howland reed and learning his true parentage, then becoming totally bamf. maybe meeting up with arya and exacting vengeance on the bitches who killed him.

jon or arya killing bolton.

Theon killing Ramsay, and losing his own life in the process.

"Fake arya" being exposed.

The manderyls reveal themselves loyal to stannis and backstab the shit out of the freys/boltons

Drogon eating and burning Jaqo and Mako at Danaerys;s behest.

....hmmmm.... thats all i can think of now

Towards the end if not the very end of THE WINDS OF WINTER, We see 1 or 2 dragons along with dragon riders North or beyond the wall, aggressively taking the fight to the wights and wight walkers.....Somehow, after an epic battle scene, when it appears that there is no stopping the dragons and their riders, (Most likely(Jon on Viserion, Victarion on Rhaegal or Ben Plumm on Viserion ) one or both Dragons go down, get injured, or captured, or unable to fly, maybe frozen wings? A Wight Walker, great other or nights king walks up to Injured Dragon and touches it, Close up of Dragons Molten Golden Eyes as the shine and fire in them dim to a frosty crystalline blue........

Pretty difficult to imagine scenes which may happen in TWOW. Among my favourites are Sansa warging into a little bird and overhearing Littlefinger's secret plans as well as Brienne tyring to kill Stannis for Renly's murder.

In addition, I'd like to see Aeron plotting against Euron and trying to help Asha getting the Seastone Chair after her return to the Iron Islands; Sansa meeting Lady Stoneheart (however this might turn out), Sansa and Sandor meeting each other, Arya being pressured into killing the Sealord, Loras arriving at Storm's End to support the Targaryen's and perhaps being hostile to Arianne. Also, I hope to learn more about Darkstar (perhaps by a prologue through Balon Swann's eyes), Coldhands and Euron's actions in the Reach. And, finally, I hope for a Highgarden chapter. Preferably from Willas' POV, but I don't expect that.

Personally, I'd prefer Arya kill Qyborn. I think his "experiments" would be considered a grave insult to the Red God by the House of the Undying and that they would want to put a stop to him.

Frankly, Tommen's inevitable demise is something I'm really not looking forward to in TWOW.

Frankly, Tommen's inevitable demise is something I'm really not looking forward to in TWOW.

It's probably not the most enjoyable death we can expect, I agree, but I was just wondering about scenes that would question our sympathy to some of our favourite characters. And if Arya has to kill a child or someone I am attached to I wonder how I'm going to react.

Stoneheart ending up North and giving the kiss of life or whatever its called to Jon Snow could be cool. Anything including LSH really, I'm looking forward to.

Also, Euron just fucking shit up.

• 2 weeks later...

An Arthur dayne and barristan selmy showdown would be epic. I know this is a long shot but I could see it happening if Jon is revived freeing him of the nights watch, and tgnc happens and rickon becomes king of the north. Then Jon would lead the north in battle against dany and ser barristan fights Jon untill Arthur dayne comes out of nowhere to protect Jon. Then to make it the best scene of all time, while they're fighting barristan will yell why are you saving him, then dayne will scream back because he is rheager's son.

A scene I'd like to read

Arya is given her first assignement and it is to kill Tommen.

edit: not that it's going to happen but I'd like to see how she could do it

I'm itching to see a high-born get assassinated by an FM. I mean, has it ever happened? Am I overlooking/forgetting something?

1. The Dusky woman follows her dreams and opens a little bakery in Slaver's Bay.

2. Ramsey SNOW....yeah your name is SNOW...dying a brutal death.

3. Benjen coming back to the wall from his sick leave/sabbatical.

4. Sand Snakes and Brienne tour Westeros as a pop band called; Desire Snakes and the Rusty Hymen.

1. Dusky Woman transforms into Euron as Victarion is in the middle of doing it with her/him, then the tables turn (Euron abusing Damphair theory) and Euron kills Victarion. This is of course after Mereen has been won for him, then he blows the horn capturing Rhaegal (though Euron riding Drogon would just look to awesome and their personalities match).

2. Tyrion leads Brown Ben Plumm and the Second Sons in search of Viserion, Plumm gets fried and Tyrion uses this as an opportunity to capture/tame Viserion. Rides Viserion now leading the Second Sons and meets up with Dany. (White Dragon Cyvasse Piece in Tyrion's hand with Brown Ben's blood on it)

3. LSH takes Brienne hostage and asks Jaime to become the Kin(g) Slayer he was meant to be, he heads back to KL as Lord Commander of KG and chokes Cersei to death with his golden hand. (Lannister/Gold/Strangle imagery - Shae)

4. Prologue of Winds of Winter is a Benjen POV chapter, being either dragged to or held prisoner in the Lands of Always Winter. He is the only person who could possibly be that far north whose death hasn't been confirmed. He is also a Stark, so the Others may have special plans for him as opposed to just annihilating him like his watch brothers. (If this is not the case I hope he is the hooded man in winterfell who is killing everybody, just seems odd that he wouldn't make his appearance known to anyone and somehow bypassed the wall)

5. Arya slips into the twins posing as a Frey/servant and opens the gates to the castle for Nymeria and her 100 wolves, in the midst of the chaos she finds Walder stabs him in the eye socket with needle. (If not King's Landing will suffice and Cersei can get shanked.)

6. Howland Reed saves someone's ass with his crannogmen (BWB) and explains Jon's parentage. Stoneheart vows to fulfill her son's dying wish of making Jon Snow King in The North.

7. After all this happiness Stannis becomes the Night's King and absolutely annihilates every character in the entire series.

Someone breaking into the twins, killing a lot of freys and releasing the Greatjon (and other northmen). I'll be sad if the Greatjon doesn't get to do something bad-ass by the end of aDoS.

The hooded man killing Ramsay, witnessed by theon, and we find out the hooded man's identity.

Varys (possibly through illyrio) meeting Arya, with the former realising the latter's potential.

Jorah doing something heroic, but dieing in the process.

Something happening with the mage, and learning what the hells going on in Oldtown.

Howland Reed showing up.

Boros Blount and Meryn Trant dieing. The Kingsguard needs to mean something again. Maybe a new sword of the morning.

Gerion Lannister and Benjen Stark appearing.

The WW/Others being completely extinguished.

The deaths of cersei, qyburn, euron, victarion, ramsay snow, roose boltion, all of the freys, lady stoneheart (after her revenge), robert strong, stannis, melisandre, sansa, littlefinger and varys.

The second Red Wedding taking place.

Arya finally returns to Westeros- much more grandiose than Dany's return i'm hoping.

Tyrion finally gets ahold of Casterly Rock

Theon is the new king of the Iron Islands much to the chargrim of this forum.

The Others destroying King's Landing and all who live there.

Archived