Asha/"Yara"

Anarchosaurus Rex

I thought she did fantastic. I thought she had swagger and confidence, just not the in your face kind of way. I felt that she was cool without really trying to be. I always imagined Asha as a woman who was effortlessly cool. I loved the way she walked up to Theon offering him a ride and she was all nonchalant about it knowing damn well who he was. She came off to me as a real ironborn woman and someone who commands respect from her men.

What's this about her being fat? A woman on tv who is larger than a size 1 does not make her fat. It makes her normal. :angry:

She seems a bit cold.

In the books, her character was a mix of brash, bold, and confident, but blended with a bit of genuine warmth.

This character adaptation just comes across as grim, and I thought Asha was the only "alive" person on the Iron Islands, but then again, it was only one episode.

Thanks. That expresses my thoughts better and more consisely than I could.

As to her being... fat? Get real. She looked very fit to me. I'm at the point where the difference in look doesn't bother me very much, it's more the personality as quoted above.

I just got warned by the moderator for claiming [CENSORED] and that she looks to me as if incapable of commanding the ship ?

Can I say that the actor playing Sam Tarley is fat ? Or that it would be stupid if they casted someone very slim to play a role of Samwell Tarly ?

I think that the actress playing Asha Greyjoy is TERRIBLY casted.

First, repeating something you have been explicitly warned about is a great way to get yourself banned.

Second, what the hell does “casted” mean? There is no such word.

I thought she did fantastic. I thought she had swagger and confidence, just not the in your face kind of way. I felt that she was cool without really trying to be. I always imagined Asha as a woman who was effortlessly cool. I loved the way she walked up to Theon offering him a ride and she was all nonchalant about it knowing damn well who he was. She came off to me as a real ironborn woman and someone who commands respect from her men.

What's this about her being fat? A woman on tv who is larger than a size 1 does not make her fat. It makes her normal. :angry:

:agree: I did like her and i am eager to see more of her. I liked the way she walked to her dad and just said her piece to theon. Great.

I dont think she looks very much like the Asha description GRRM gave us in the books.

However, I loved her, I think she did very well in her short scenes, and I think she`s really hot.

Women don`t have to be skeletons to be hot, and she`s a long long way from fat.

Calling her Yara however...

Thanks. That expresses my thoughts better and more consisely than I could.

As to her being... fat? Get real. She looked very fit to me. I'm at the point where the difference in look doesn't bother me very much, it's more the personality as quoted above.

And thank you.

I tend to go with what a character makes me feel, but the only issue with the looks is that Martin tends to give his characters such distinct looks, (i.e., Targs. silver hair, purple eyes, Lannisters- gold hair, green eyes, Starks- dark hair, light/dark grey eyes, Martels- in general, the Kardashians, etc.), so "the look" becomes a little more specific than maybe it should be.

Anyone see her in the latest trailer? Excuse me, but what the hell? I was skeptical when I saw the actress' headshots after they announced her casting, but this confirms my worst fears.

Instead of short, dark hair, she has long, light hair. Instead of having sharp, angular features, she has a soft face. Instead of having the fierce body of a warrior, she looks like any other noble lady sitting around her castle.

/endrant

Girl, I am with you. Someone had mentioned that she's to play "cool" which I can understand but the actor seems a little too lax and soft spoken when speaking. Overall disappointed.

The TVs version is definately different from the character we know from the books, but I dont mind that at all. That is what I particularily like about the show; they are able make changes like this without affecting the story. I thought the actress did a great job!

But i will refuss to call her Yara. Its Asha.

Archived