A Thread for Small Questions XV

Angalin

I think the biggest thing was, Martin would only confirm that Rhaenys died. He didn't say anything one way or the other about Aegon. That doesn't mean that Young Griff is real, just that an "Aegon" was likely to pop up. I know that a lot of people were suspicious because the child's face was destroyed, and Varys talks to Ned in the black cells and mentions Rhaenys' death but not Aegon's. Combine all of that with the "mummer's dragon" and you can sort of see where people got the idea that Aegon — real or fake — might pop up after all.

Alright, thank you very much. Question answered.

@CHN

That´s the best answer I´ve seen so far.

Last seen telling Sam and Gilly to get out of town fast because their brothers and sons were coming. I dare say they then sold tickets for what was about to go down.

Small question regarding Jaqen

If Jaqen is a FM then he isn't allowed anyone except his target right? Then why does he kill Pate? I doubt Pate was his target

I understand why he killed the three people at Harrenhall but thats different than Pate

It doesn't make any sense to kill Pate except if the purpose was to infiltrate the Citadel, in which case I thought the FM only killed people, infiltrating and finding out secrets is more of a sellsword thing IMO

Imo I believe for a Fm to "take" anotherface that one must be dead....so in order to inflitrate the cidtal he had to take on Pates face and thus killing pate was part of the job...

also i have been toying with the idea that maybe he is a Rouge FM...one who took the training ubt has his own personal agenda.....

my theroy is based on Arya's training as she seems to still keep her list of ppl to kill and once she become a Fm she will kill them herselve...

Imo I believe for a Fm to "take" anotherface that one must be dead....so in order to inflitrate the cidtal he had to take on Pates face and thus killing pate was part of the job...

also i have been toying with the idea that maybe he is a Rouge FM...one who took the training ubt has his own personal agenda.....

my theroy is based on Arya's training as she seems to still keep her list of ppl to kill and once she become a Fm she will kill them herselve...

I don't think that killing pate was part of the job though because the kindly man explicitly prohibits arya from killing the guards that protect the guy she has to kill. That made me arrive to the same conclusion as you, I think he is not part of the FM anymore and since he went rogue or works for someone else the church of the MFG needs a new FM and that's where Arya comes in. I just wasn't sure if they were allowed or not to kill more people than their target, so thank you.

When does Arya learn the meaning of the words, "valar morghulis"? Jaqen tells her the words but doesn't explain their meaning. But IIRC, later in A Storm of Swords she somehow knows that it means "all men must die". I tried ctrl + f in the eBook and couldn't find where she learns the meaning, but I may have missed it. Either that or GRRM made a small mistake. :)

In a Game of Thrones when ser Vardis and bronn are about to fight Catelyn enters and mentions the lords who are in attendance she mentions the Royces and Lyn Corbray , but she mentions sigils of lesser knights one of those is a winged chalice. Is that a descendant of Ser Arlan? Is Pennytree in the vale?

In a Game of Thrones when ser Vardis and bronn are about to fight Catelyn enters and mentions the lords who are in attendance she mentions the Royces and Lyn Corbray , but she mentions sigils of lesser knights one of those is a winged chalice. Is that a descendant of Ser Arlan? Is Pennytree in the vale?

nice catch but what Cat saw was the sigil of House Hersy that is indeed a winged chalice on pink background while Ser Arlan's coat of armswas the chalice on a brown-ish background.

And I have no idea where Pennytree is! just like Dunk. But there was a thread once speculating where Pennytree should be according to Ser Arlan's descriptions...

ETA

and I just found this(look below) here originally posted by Lord Beethoven the 9th:

In Dance with Dragons Pennytree is described as being in the disputed lands that the Brakens of Stone Hedge and the Blackwoods of Raventree fought over. After Jaime left Raventree he followed the Widow's Wash crossed it as spend the night in Pennytree.

There is a map on HBO's Game of Thrones site that shows Raventree to be north and sligtly east of Riverrun not quite half way to Oldstones. Stone Hedge is located striaght east of Riverrun on the south of the Riverroad and just east of High Heart. So that would put Pennytree between those two points.

http://viewers-guide...raventree-hall/

nice catch but what Cat saw was the sigil of House Hersy that is indeed a winged chalice on pink background while Ser Arlan's coat of armswas the chalice on a brown-ish background.

And I have no idea where Pennytree is! just like Dunk. But there was a thread once speculating where Pennytree should be according to Ser Arlan's descriptions...

ETA

and I just found this(look below) here originally posted by Lord Beethoven the 9th:

Thank you! And I'm a doughnut I should have remembered Jamies chapter in DwD

Archived