help with some English please.

DirePenguin

So the sentence, let them have the bitch, means kill her? Not kidnap her?

In this context, yes. But "welcome to her" doesn't always mean "to kill". A more general definition of "they are welcome to her" would be "they are welcome to have her" or "take her", meaning that you are "welcome to" (I am happy for you to/I am glad for you to) do what you want with her.

Catelyn is in the Vale and describing the surroundings. What does sleepy little hamlet mean?

"Sleepy" means quiet. "Hamlet" is a small village. Imagine a very small village where nothing ever happens, so people can sleep all day.

What does "soul of avarice" mean? Does it simply means "My father is completely avarice" ?

“My brother is undoubtedly arrogant,” Tyrion Lannister replied. “My father is the soul of avarice, and my sweet sister Cersei lusts for power with every waking breath

What is "full of hope" in this context? Catelyn is holding Lysa. Does it mean Lysa was looking forward to a bright future?

As Catelyn held her, she remembered the slender, high-breasted girl who’d waited beside her that day in the sept at Riverrun. How lovely and full of hope she had been.

Another question. Catelyn saw Robert Arryn and thought "He was a painfully thin child". Does it mean the child was *very* thin? Or he looks so thin that he looks sick/painful?

I can't picture the "thick horn" in Bran's saddle. Do they literally look like animal horns with sharp tips that's kinda sticking out from his saddle?

With his legs unable to grip, the swaying motion of the horse made Bran feel unsteady at first, but the huge saddle with its thick horn and high back cradled him comfortingly, and the straps around his chest and thighs would not allow him to fall.

In this case it is the tone of Robb's voice. The sound of Robb's voice is light and joking. If you listened to the sound of Robb's voice you would know that he was joking and not serious.

Light tone means casual in this context. It can have a relaxing effect, but in this case Robb wants to sound as if he doubts that Jon could siriously win to spur him on. Light and joking is the opposite of sirious.

what is curiously apart?

Looking down, Bran glimpsed pale flesh where the wool of his leggings had parted. Then the blood began to flow. He watched the red stain spread, feeling light-headed, curiously apart; there had been no pain, not even a hint of feeling.

Archived