Walkind Dead Season 2 (continued)

Mark Antony

Maggie on the Talking Dead made a good point. She said that Shane brought Rick out in the field so Rick would kill him. He kept taunting Rick and even put his gun away at one point. I guess you could look at it like Lori told him there was no hope between them and Shane couldn't live without her. So it's definitely an interesting idea and one that I haven't thought of.

If you look at it that way then maybe Shane took Randyl out there to kill him so that Rick wouldn't have the burden of letting him go or killing him. Or he did it as a last gesture to keep the group safe. I dunno it's hard to tell his motivations. It did seem like he was taunting Rick. I think not having Lori and (most likely ) his baby was mentally torturing him.

Thinking on it, I think what comes across most from this episode is how awesome Lori is. Not only does she tell Shane that the baby may in fact be his, but she also exhibit's her fantastic mothering skills. I mean what isn't bad about letting your young son wander around at night in a place that recently had a zombie and currently has one dangerous, possibly demented individual running around with a gun after receiving orders from the leader of the group to keep everyone in the house and to lock it up?

I seriously hope she gets killed off in the show soon.

Remember, Carl was acting as a lookout from the second story of the farm. The field Rick and Shane were having their showdown in was evidently in view of the farm. If Carl saw them pulling guns on each other, he probably ran out of the house to help? save? Rick or Shane.

http://m.tvline.com/...isode-12-death/

Interesting read. Explains quite a bit.

Mmm, everyone on the free way at the beginning of season 2 died from head trauma? That's pretty week filler for a plot hole. None of the cars were smashed up that bad(IIRC), and the odds of everyone dying near instantaneously from head trauma are pretty low in this age of seat belts and airbags.

Do we still have to spoiler tag ???? I will do it anyway just to not offend people.

Fuck Lori.... I have been trying to find a way to say this in an eloquent way, but no other words express exactly how I feel about this character. Fuck Lori twice. By not thinking one bit about anyone but herself, she pretty much doomed Shane to die. Every decision that she has made in this entire show has been self serving. I can't stand her. Fuck Lori a third time, just for good measure.

I guess we have our big reveal now. Everyone is fucked. Everyone turning to zombies after death pretty much would assure the extinction of the human race in a not too distant future. I didn't see that one coming. I am looking forward to see how everyone reacts with the news that everything is futile. That is a game changer

It would be easier to just label this the "Spoilers" thread, and only spoilerize stuff from the Comic Book that hasn't happened yet.

Do we still have to spoiler tag ???? I will do it anyway just to not offend people.

Fuck Lori.... I have been trying to find a way to say this in an eloquent way, but no other words express exactly how I feel about this character. Fuck Lori twice. By not thinking one bit about anyone but herself, she pretty much doomed Shane to die. Every decision that she has made in this entire show has been self serving. I can't stand her. Fuck Lori a third time, just for good measure.

I guess we have our big reveal now. Everyone is fucked. Everyone turning to zombies after death pretty much would assure the extinction of the human race in a not too distant future. I didn't see that one coming. I am looking forward to see how everyone reacts with the news that everything is futile. That is a game changer

They're not really fucked, although the situation is worse than they thought (they can't simply hide somewhere and keep the zombies out for good). "Everyone is infected" means that you have to do head trauma to anyone who dies for any reason. That's . . . manageable, since you'd eventually just get into a custom of doing it right after death (sort of like last rites). The real danger would lie in things that kill a bunch of people very quickly, like an outbreak of a different disease. That could start a wave of zombie attacks all over again.

Best part of that interview:

TVLINE | And lastly, will T-Dog be allowed to speak again?

[Laughs] T-Dog definitely has a lot of cool moments in the finale and a lot of lines. I apologize for that. It’s one of those things where certain characters have to recede into the background to give room to the other characters because we have such a large cast. But every character will get their moment to shine — T-Dog included.

He spoke more this past episode than he did the rest of the season's episodes combined.

It would be easier to just label this the "Spoilers" thread, and only spoilerize stuff from the Comic Book that hasn't happened yet.

They're not really fucked, although the situation is worse than they thought (they can't simply hide somewhere and keep the zombies out for good). "Everyone is infected" means that you have to do head trauma to anyone who dies for any reason. That's . . . manageable, since you'd eventually just get into a custom of doing it right after death (sort of like last rites). The real danger would lie in things that kill a bunch of people very quickly, like an outbreak of a different disease. That could start a wave of zombie attacks all over again.

I think we can talk about the episode now as it has already been aired around the world, but I am keeping the spoilers on just in case.

Certainly they are Fucked. with a capital F... There is no more modern medicine.Without this, successful birthrates fall to 1800 levels. Children and the elderly die because of disease in far greater numbers. Every single person who dies has the potential to take out more. This species could not take that in even the relatively short term of 100 years.

I think we can talk about the episode now as it has already been aired around the world, but I am keeping the spoilers on just in case.

Certainly they are Fucked. with a capital F... There is no more modern medicine.Without this, successful birthrates fall to 1800 levels. Children and the elderly die because of disease in far greater numbers. Every single person who dies has the potential to take out more. This species could not take that in even the relatively short term of 100 years.

Even without modern medicine, they know about the importance of sanitation and sterilization (most of the time). That alone reduces the death rate considerably, particularly the death rate from childbirth.

We need to clear up this whole Spoiler Tag thing. I've been under the impression that Spoiler Tags are not necessary after the episode has been aired. Spoiler Tags should only be used when talking about the GN or episodes that haven't been aired, right?

I think spoilers are used immediately after the showing, just to be considerate to those in different time zones. But hell, I don't know why someone would read a discussion thread about something they haven't watched yet, unless they're okay with spoilers.

not a bad episode. Lori is a bitch even if her intentions were noble. Shane didn't need to hear what she told him. For some guys it may have worked but this is a guy she told her husband had to be killed. I thought shane's behaviour with Randall was in character in the sense he was doing what had to be done and given Randall's conversation the kid was clearly a bad egg. As for Shane's attempt to Kill Rick that seemed a bit more "insane" in that it seemed they weren't that far gone as friends. Maybe it was semi-suicidal.

I'm wondering if the zombie horde consists of the other gang of humans? Randall suggested they were fairly close by so that might be them.

In terms of the zombie thing i think it's clearly the same as in the comic. It does seem slightly far-fetched that all the bodies in the car had suffered head trauma, then again have they ever established if a zombie can die of starvation? They may justy have been trapped in the seat belt? Another option is that maybe some people are immune and just die die. That may be pretty rare. I can't even remember how many bodies we saw in the cars anymore.

It was also pretty fucked up how the kid looked intent on shooting his dad at the end of the episode.

Wow wow wow!

Good riddance to Shane. Unless his psychoness was brought on by z-virus, then poor guy :(

I wish Zombie Shane hadn't been eliminated so early. Having him terrorize the farm would have been awesome.

Although the airborne virus theory is interesting, remember that he cut himself last week with a blade that might have been contaminated. We also don't know how he killed Randall, if he killed him with the same blade it might have affected him.

Did Shane and Rick have their final showdown in view of the farmhouse? If so, that totally kills believability.

If the show switches things up and reveals that the characters have been getting incredibly lucky the entire time with their stupid behaviour, I'll be happy.

I agree that the time for spoiler tags has come and gone.

If Shane and Rick have their showdown in view of the farmhouse, that's pretty stupid. I thought they were ostensibly trying to track down Randall. They walked for what seemed to be quite a while, but they're within a couple hundred yards of the farmhouse??

It looked like they walked through the woods into that field, but yeah, it was obviously just set up for the visual imagery of their showdown and the herd of zombies in that final shot.

I just want to say that Shane needed to go, but he was a great character. At one point he was my favorite and within a season he was my most hated. That's good storytelling there. And great acting too in that final scene. As Rick was telling him it would be okay, they could go back to the farm house and work things out, you can see it on Shane's face, that he really wanted to believe. And then boom, hole in the heart. Good stuff.

And apparently, there's one more major death coming next week. My money is on Hershel or Carol.

If Shane and Rick have their showdown in view of the farmhouse, that's pretty stupid. I thought they were ostensibly trying to track down Randall. They walked for what seemed to be quite a while, but they're within a couple hundred yards of the farmhouse??

T

his bothered me too. Was Carl following Shane and Rick while they were searching for the prisoner? I don't remember Lori freaking out that she couldn't find Carl when everyone went into the house? Did she not realize he wasn't with her or did he sneak out? It makes absolutely no sense that Carl would have walked into that scene.

This bothered me too. Was Carl following Shane and Rick while they were searching for the prisoner? I don't remember Lori freaking out that she couldn't find Carl when everyone went into the house? Did she not realize he wasn't with her or did he sneak out? It makes absolutely no sense that Carl would have walked into that scene.

There was a shot of Carl looking out one of the second story windows with binoculars, and his view was perfectly on the field. In the sneak peak for next week it was just a minute clip of Rick and Carl walking up to the farm house, before realizing the herd is behind them. I'll spoiler it just in case:

Carl said he heard/saw the gun shot, and came running.

Shanes entire plan was stupid. Darly had figured out in like 2 seconds of tracking Randal that Shane was up to something if he comes back to the camp without Rick claiming that Randal shot him and then he snapped Randals neck then the entire camp would of known he murdered Rick in cold blood.

Archived