When did Daenerys Targaryen become your least favourite character?

protar

Title says it all. Thought I'd follow the recent trend of when did x become your favourite character, but then I thought: "who could possibly like Dany?" :P

(jokes aside, please do be civil.)

ADWD, when she went from assertive and confident leader to preening, emotional, inconstant teenager. When she insisted on being treated like a queen but continued to act like a little girl.

Pretty much for me to, in addition to her not doing anything of course.

"what will you do?"

"rule and be queen."

"of..of Westeros you mean, surely you don't mean to spend a whole book eating stuffed lambs in Essos?"

But she did.

The Wineseller´s daughters made me respect and like her less but she is far away from being my least favourite characher (as well as favourite character)

I seem to be one of five people in this forum who neither hate her nor love her. To me she has admirable strengths but also fatal flaws that make me doubt her ability rule... well anything.

In my case, it’s not that I hate her, but she became really boring to me as soon as she decided to take her time in Slaver’s Bay, so I’d say by the middle of ASOS I was reading her POVs faster then the others.

But I do have hope… I thought that her last chapter in ADWD was very good and I’m praying she’ll realise all the mistakes she has done and forgive ser Jorah, who was the best part in her POVs, as I see it.

I found her, and by her I mean her chapters, mildly interesting in AGOT, tolerable in Clash, off-putting in ASOS, and bloody insufferable in ADWD.

ETA:

One of the reasons I like AFFC is that she's not in it.

haha :D

and it seems I'm the only one who actually thinks that her POVs are getting extremely interesting in ADWD :D

I was really bored during AGoT, I even wondered why SHE got the dragons in the first place but her transformation into an adult woman has amazed me!

Daenerys is definitely not my least favorite character. Sometimes I admire her, sometimes I find it really hard to root for her. But I feel similarly about a lot of the characters.

She's done plenty of questionable things (as have the vast majority of the characters), but the way she treated Quentyn particularly irked me for some reason. This may be because we were given a Quentyn POV, and I came to really like his character, but when Dany laughed at him, I was furious. And then when she barely considered the betrothal I was shocked. I understand her not wanting to marry him, but practically scoffing at an actual, solid alliance with Dorne? At that moment, it seemed like she had little interest in actually ever getting her butt to Westeros. And then when she should told Quentyn that perhaps she'd arrvie at Westeros one day to claim her father's throne, and then she'd look to Dorne for help... What? He's offering you help now. The arrogance in that statement killed me.

But all that being said, her last chapter was a great read, and I still have hope.

I really liked Dany... Up until ADWD. I still like her and she is still one of my favourite characters but some of the decisions she made in Dance were just stupid and the way she treated Quentyn annoyed me as well. I think she should never have decided to stay in Meereen.

I really do like Dany- it's just that her ability seems to be in the moment, making decisions that decide life and death. A player of the Game of Thrones she is not- she doesn't have the education or the patience to do so. Just bear in mind that if her decisions in the day-to-day ruling of Meereen that she was literally raised to be married- and beyond languages probably wasn't taught much of anything. She expressed a desire to learn more- but the day-to-day ruling is making it difficult to even make the effort. However, when it comes down to it she is passionate about trying to be a good ruler, passionate about her people, and extremely protective of those she cares about. In the fighting pits, with Drogon threatening fiery death, her initial reaction was 'They're trying to kill him', her second reaction 'He's going to kill everyone if I don't do something'. And then jumps into a pit with a dragon and fends him off with a whip. Emotional ties that Drogon might have which increase her safety or not- that takes a lot of guts.

I got into the books after watching the show. I thought hataching dragons was super cool and couldn't wait for the next season to find out what she does with them. I didn't jump straight into ACOK either, I made sure to read AGOT first to soak everything in. When I finally got to reading ACOK I was expecting some major dragon kickass but it didn't happen Not that I disliked her, but her chapters for me were boring to read until bargaining for the Yunkai.

Archived