ME3. Indoctrination Theory, Spoilers abound. You have been warned.

Sivin

Quick question- is there any way to cheat/mod to get rid of the whole Galactic Readiness thing? I'm not really into multi-player shooters and the bit I played didn't really make me want to continue playing it.

Definitely not on consoles, and I think not on PCs either because of how Origin works. There is some facebook app you can use instead to raise GR, but I don't know anything more about it.

Even if you hate it it really only takes a couple of hours to get it up to a point where you're at 5k if you did most of the sidequests. For some reason I didn't get the super secret ending clip even though mine was over 5k and I picked the correct ending. It might check the readiness at an earlier point or something since I only did the MP before the last mission.

this is a rumor, but still, some hope

http://masseffect.wi...LC_Revealed!!!!

I don't see much hope. The info says that you'll be able to continue your story, meaning that the craptacular star child sequence that ruined everything will still have occurred. What's needed to redeem the game is to reveal that that sequence never really happened. Also, there needs to be a good ending, as this guy states:

Definitely not on consoles, and I think not on PCs either because of how Origin works. There is some facebook app you can use instead to raise GR, but I don't know anything more about it.

? I know there are some IOS apps, but I don't think there's anything on Facebook that raises GAW.

I don't see much hope. The info says that you'll be able to continue your story, meaning that the craptacular star child sequence that ruined everything will still have occurred. What's needed to redeem the game is to reveal that that sequence never really happened, and to craft a good ending, as this guy states:

Um...or you continue after you wake up from the dream sequence.

The word continue could apply to ANY of the ending theories.

? I know there are some IOS apps, but I don't think there's anything on Facebook that raises GAW.

Well I'm just going off of a press release from before the game came out. But I think it mentioned IOS apps and a Facebook game. (Although some extremely quick google-fu shows that it might have just been a pre-release thing to drum up awareness)

I don't see much hope. The info says that you'll be able to continue your story, meaning that the craptacular star child sequence that ruined everything will still have occurred. What's needed to redeem the game is to reveal that that sequence never really happened. Also, there needs to be a good ending, as this guy states:

I suppose you could read it that way but if the story continues after all 3 ending choices it seems to support the indoctrination theory. Or at least that what the star child said was bullshit because how could the game continue when you supposedly die in 2 of the endings according to it.

Oh by the way, anyone who has been following the indoctrination theory, a lot of the first few people who started the theory have moved here:

There's less in-fighting and nay saying to sift through.

ETA: If the above rumor turns out to be true....there's no way it's going to be free. There's too much content for them not to ask for money. If it's $10 that would cover the MP cost and still make The Truth "free" by DLC standards but it's pretty cheap.

Oh by the way, anyone who has been following the indoctrination theory, a lot of the first few people who started the theory have moved here:

White text on a grey background; who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Still, better than shifting through 450+ pages of the same stuff over and over.

Just finished the game last night. My feelings at the time were a mix between loving that Bioware had the balls to end the series on a note that makes further sequels next to impossible, to being more than a little miffed that there were so many questions left unanswered, leaps in logic and outright continuity errors. The deus ex machina ending could have been a great way to end the series, I just didn't feel like the series itself had earned it -- no foreshadowing of the catalyst in prior games, the synthertic vs. organic thing being put in such binary terms in the end when you spent a great deal of time in the last two games proving they could coexist peacefully, and so on. At this time I'm still wavering between like and dislike of how things turned out; I think we got a great ending to a sci-fi video game, but that sci-fi video game isn't Mass Effect 3.

I'm not quite convinced yet that Bioware planned this Indoctrination thing from the beginning -- some of the intense scrutiny in the Bioware Social thread seems a little bit like people picking apart the Zapruder film looking for evidence of a second shooter-- but I'm embracing the idea regardless of whether or not Bioware intended it to be canon.

I'd like it if this rumor of a 'true ending' DLC turned out to be true, but I also recall people being utterly convinced that the song 'Separator' off Radiohead's disappointing last album was proof we only received half an album and we'd be getting the other half sometime in the near future; In other words, I won't be getting my hopes up...

My biggest disappointment is that all I got to see of the aftermath of a battle they spent 3 games building up to was a cutscene that didn't even make continuity sense given how the final mission panned out. I spent more time than I needed to building up variables expecting that like previous games in the series all these variables meant something. As it turns out, I could have spent all that time playing multiplayer and the story would have turned out the exact same way.

Here's another version of Hudson's words:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1220712p1.html

Is it me, or he comes across as rather dismissive? He didn't address the fans' concerns about the ending at all, instead choosing to promote DL:

Maybe this DLC is the one that will provide a new ending as some have proposed in this thread. I for one really, really hope BioWare has some ending-altering DLC up its sleeve, even if it's one players have to pay for. And unsurprisingly, this article already had over 800 comments when I viewed it.

It seems like he's being dismissive because he doesn't want to say too much and give anything away. That's just my take on it.

this is a rumor, but still, some hope

http://masseffect.wi...LC_Revealed!!!!

GODDAMNIT! Why fucking April/May. Fuck you, BioWare.

The comments themselves lend to the "Starchild is Bullshitting you" side of things.

If the rest of Mass Effect 3 wasn't so good I probably wouldn't have much faith either at this point. I can't stop watching the damn Mordin/Genophage scene on youtube. So fucking good.

I killed Mordin today... I had to have the Salarian support. :(

Wrex and Eve have to be dead in order to convince him to sabotage the cure I think, otherwise you have to shoot him in the back, and then watch as he crawls and dies feet away from the console. Probably the most brutal renegade action in any of the games. He still dies on the paragon path but its one of the best character deaths ever in a game.

Archived