From Pawn to Player? Rereading Sansa IV

brashcandy

I agree with this, and isn't it also hinted that Joanna softened Tywin up a bit as a person?

Well it's certainly possible that Tyrion might have been a much different person had he been exposed to a mother's love and acceptance. As for Cersei and Jaime it's difficult to say. She was trying to put a stop to the incest when they were children, but it's debatable if anything would have changed this aspect of their relationship. Joanna may have ruled Tywin at home, but he was still the tyrant everyone feared, and responsible for making the major decisions concerning his children.

I hope all the Lannisters choke in their own vomit but I do like Jaime as a character and he seemed to honestly love Tyrion. Tyrion also loved Jaime so for that reason yes, I do want them to mend things

Of all the Lannisters, Jaime was the one with the most heart (even if he was selective with it....I wish he'd love his children)....in that he truly loved Cersei and Tyrion.

So as he is off with Brienne to "find Sansa" and feels honor-bound to ensure her safety, I do wish he succeeds and makes good his oath. I hope he ensures Sansa is safe...to include being safe from Tyrion

I hope all the Lannisters choke in their own vomit but I do like Jaime as a character and he seemed to honestly love Tyrion. Tyrion also loved Jaime so for that reason yes, I do want them to mend things

Of all the Lannisters, Jaime was the one with the most heart (even if he was selective with it....I wish he'd love his children)....in that he truly loved Cersei and Tyrion.

So as he is off with Brienne to "find Sansa" and feels honor-bound to ensure her safety, I do wish he succeeds and makes good his oath. I hope he ensures Sansa is safe...to include being safe from Tyrion

Jaime already took one wife from Tyrion and feels terrible about it. I could see him making the choice to return Sansa to his brother as a way of making amends.

(although I believe he's pretty mad at Tyrion now for killing Tywin.)

Jaime already took one wife from Tyrion and feels terrible about it. I could see him making the choice to return Sansa to his brother as a way of making amends.

I hope Jaime is more invested in his newfound honor to do a thing like that. He's made it his mission to protect Sansa, to get her somewhere safe. I think Jaime would have to realize that bringing her to Tyrion would be the exact opposite of that.

I hope Jaime is more invested in his newfound honor to do a thing like that. He's made it his mission to protect Sansa, to get her somewhere safe. I think Jaime would have to realize that bringing her to Tyrion would be the exact opposite of that.

You have much more faith in him than I do then :) Even so, he may genuinely believe that Tyrion is the best person for Sansa.

You have much more faith in him than I do then :) Even so, he may genuinely believe that Tyrion is the best person for Sansa.

Well, I do agree with you that the Lannister siblings are screwed up beyond redemption, but I see Jaime's arc ending on a redemptive note nonetheless. And Sansa being taken from Littlefinger to be handed back over to Tryion wouldn't fit the redemptive bill.

If Jaime indeed brought Sansa to Tyrion he would have to do a rather long trip with her and it it is totally unlikely that he might transport a bundled up Sansa all over the world against her will. He would not do that, he could find any remote place where Sansa is safer. And if indeed he believed that Sansa killed Joffrey, he would have decide to deliver her to Cersei - or not because Sansa can convince him of her (and at the same time of Tyrion's) innocence.

Would being with Tyrion be seen as the only safe situation by Sansa , as last refuge in the world, so that she would agree to go there? (where???). At which stage of the plot? She might consider that as very last possibility in a hopeless situation. He did not abuse her once, he would not do it then, she might guess. Tyrion certainly would want Sansa safe - but what should he do with her if he suddenly came together with her? She would be a responsability like Penny, certainly not easier to protect. And if Sansa might agree to go to Tyrion with Jaime it would be in a situation of despair when no friends are left.

This all is very unlikely: Jaime has no idea where Tyrion is, he would not carry an unwilling girl through a whole continent even if he knew. And Tyrion would, given his present precarious situation, be forced to "store" Sansa somewhere safe, because she is far less adapted to living on the road and looking after herself than Penny is.

At the present stage of the story this whole scenario doesn't make much sense. Jaime may find Sansa but not Tyrion. The little brother would have to show up in Westeros first.

I would certainly want the brothers to make amends but transporting an unwilling girl would not the best method, so Sansa's agreement would be needed - or a plot turn where Jaime, Sansa and Tyrion run into each other by chance.

Slightly off topic, but do you guys think that if Cercei had never got her future predicted by Maggy the Frog and learned about how she would die strangled by the Volonqar, things would have been different between her and Tyrion? I don’t remember exactly how old Cercei was at the time, but she was really young, something like nine or ten. Tyrion was just a baby and she had no reasons to hate him. It all came from the suspicion she had toward him after that. Without that meeting, they might have been really good friends (hard to imagine though).

Jaime halfways believes Sansa helped kill his son.....and yet is determined to ensure she is safe (at the time he sent brienne off). So no I dont think he will hand her to Tyrion. His path is going towards one of honor and duty and he has never been a man to follow a course just because everyone expected him to.

if anything i think he would help tyrion find tysha

buuuuuuuut i will shut up about it til the chapters come up :)

I do not believe that Cersei was totally unfeeling, cold and vicious when she was was nine years old. She may have been spoiled and arrogant and there may have been some anger in her because of the death of her mother. I think that Cersei unfortunately took over the disgust and the prejudices against people born handicapped from her father and so the base for her belief in the propehcy was laid. It is interesting that Jaime was able to develop a loving and protective relationship towards the little brother that was despised by everyone, an emotional generosity that speaks very much in his favor.

Slightly off topic, but do you guys think that if Cercei had never got her future predicted by Maggy the Frog and learned about how she would die strangled by the Volonqar, things would have been different between her and Tyrion? I don’t remember exactly how old Cercei was at the time, but she was really young, something like nine or ten. Tyrion was just a baby and she had no reasons to hate him. It all came from the suspicion she had toward him after that. Without that meeting, they might have been really good friends (hard to imagine though).

Imho Maggi the Frog has to be the thing that makes me angriest about ASOIAF-what purpose does it serve? It's sloppy, sloppy storytelling.

If GRRM needed a reason for making Cersei hate Tyrion-giving birth to him cost their mother her life and their father has always been cold to him. Or she could resent him for having the liberty and power she's always wanted.

Imho Maggi the Frog has to be the thing that makes me angriest about ASOIAF-what purpose does it serve? It's sloppy, sloppy storytelling.

If GRRM needed a reason for making Cersei hate Tyrion-giving birth to him cost their mother her life and their father has always been cold to him. Or she could resent him for having the liberty and power she's always wanted.

Really? I don’t mind it to say the truth, it’s not essential to the story either but still ok to me.

I'd say Tyrion was at least equally open to love. It was just never given anywhere else.

Really? I don’t mind it to say the truth, it’s not essential to the story either but still ok to me.

Sorry for the derailment-I just don't like prophecies xC

On-topic, I don't think Sansa would happily return to Tyrion but if it were a means to an end-who knows?

Sorry for the derailment-I just don't like prophecies xC

On-topic, I don't think Sansa would happily return to Tyrion but if it were a means to an end-who knows?

I don’t see them EVER becoming a couple. But they could become friends or ally at some point of the story. I know some people don’t see that happening because Tyrion is a Lannister and Sansa is a Stark and there have been so much s**t between those two families in the past few years, but Tyrion despises most of his blood right now (he even killed his father). They could join force to destroy Cercei at some point.

Of course, Sansa have some reasons not to trust Tyrion at this moment, but a long separation can work wonders. In a few years, she’ll have way more confidence in herself and know how to deal with a game player such as Tyrion. The mummer’s wedding (is this how you decided to call it?) will be an old unpleasant memory for both of them and they could decide to join their forces (if they have any) on a common goal, as business men and women, or politicians do.

Possible wedding titles:

Black/Blue wedding - fitting Sansa's mood

The Green wedding - fitting how readers felt and Sansa too (sick)

The mummer's wedding - everyone putting on an act.

I'm leaning towards one of the "moody" ones as it also fits in with the colour codes of the other weddings.

Fool's Wedding - the groom stood on the back of a fool to wed his bride

tyrion and sansa......hmmm.....except Sansa's hound doesn't like Tyrion........*evil cackle*

Sansa would certainly know how to tame her hound if needed… :leer:

Archived