From Pawn to Player? Rereading Sansa IV

brashcandy

wow, this thread is moving fast... about jaime trying to deliver sansa to tyrion.. i don't see him as going of across the world in search for his litte brother either, just to give him his wife back. i don't think jaime hates sansa, though he is certain she helped killed his son, but maybe he would decide to keep her hidden until such a time when tyrion returns to westeros? and someone said that if cersei had shown some love towards tyrion, then he would have been eternally grateful to her, and loyal, or something of the sort, & i agree with that comment. i can't also blame cersei that much for thinking tyrion is the valonqar since at the time the prophecy was made tyrion had just "killed" their mother, and a little brother doing something evil to her would certainly make cersei first of all think of her little imp. she gets paranoid about it, but even if she had other options to fulfill the valonqar role, she would get paranoid about them as well, so...

i think sansa is okay with songs. tyrion commenting that there are the last thing she needs isn't very accrate, since up to AFFC we can see sansa still clinging to fairy tales when we learn she talks to sweetrobin about the winged knight or something... in a way songs represent the illusions and goodness in sansa. she may not be so foolish about them as she once was, but if she decides to give up on them, it may be cause she is also giving up her innocence...

about how to call her wedding... i like the sham/mockery/mummer's wedding, but since GRRM goes for colors here, i don't really know... but the white wedding regarding sandor was adorable!

Even though Tyrion thinks of himself as a down to earth man, he is not one as much as he would pretend, especially on regards of his relationship with Sansa and all women in general. He says he’s above all those little songs, but is he really?

Maybe he feels that he is not worthy to be in these songs. That songs only will be to ridicule him, instead of telling how great he is (or he sees himself).

That is so perceptive Bgona - Tyrion thinking Sansa needs no more songs, Sandor wanting a song. ASOIAF. Again, all the foreshadowing signs seems to indicate SanSan.

Yet.......as I do my catch up reading and keep seeing no Starks and Lannisters, damn Jaime and Sansa comes up again for me!

No, Jaime is switching love from Cersei to Brienne. Hope not another switch!

And please: not a Brienne-Sansa. Where is the clue to believe that Brienne is bisexual? And Sansa by the moment we don´t see in her nothing towards women, in sexual aspect.

The only moments about woman kissing them are what GRRM call playing kisses, and the Cersei moment (I can´t remember now the name of the woman!!) was more a matter of power from Cersei. Also the moment of Daenerys and the slave it is show as a replacement of the need of a man.

I hope if GRRM wants to show a relationship between two woman that this two are plenty in love each other.

And about love: this is GRRM who is writing, them love is damned.

Nooooo!!! We have seen how goes sharing couples in Westeros! Cersei, Jaime and Robert.

Not need of Sansa getting another Cersei. And I just can´t see The Hound sharing. If he gets in the relationship is to be the only one.

Hehe sorry bout that. It's internal slang for "One True Pairing".

Ah thanks!!

It isn't a likely couple but I can't get over how sweet they'd be together and how much it'll help Sansa to realise that there are true knights out there. :love:

Archived