From Pawn to Player? Rereading Sansa IV

brashcandy

Pod and Arya....she needs the opposite to temper her fire :)

Sansa and Sandor...for the same reasons. They counteract each other

Noooooo. Arya/Gendry foreverz!!

I shipped sansan fervently for years but show!Sandor rather killed it for me.

Because he's not high enough born. And because he's dead.

I’m not sure Podrick is death since Brienne seems to be alive, and he might not be high born enough for Sansa, but since we are (most of us) shipping Sansan, I don’t think it’s that important, BUT!!!

Because there is a (huge) but to me, Sansa is likely in love with Sandor Clegane now, and if you are interested in such a man as he is, you are not going to settle down for a little boy, sweet as he may seem, like Podrick. By that, I don’t mean that she is going to love older men, it’s a detail to me, what I want to explain is that, once you’ve tasted bad boys/tormented/saturnine guys, you don’t go back to usual sweet guys. I don’t pretend it’s a good thing, but to me it’s a fact.

I'm so sorry Cersei, it was the drink, I don't really remember...

Hey, it's Saturday night, and I promised all those Irish I'd have some green beer. Funny thing, it looked green in that bottle marked h-e-i-n-e-k-e-n, but when I opened the bottles they were just the same colour as other beer.

As much as this thread derail is near and dear to my heart, let's get back on track. :) And thanks to everyone who answered my question earlier about the song. I really do think it reflects the divide between Tyrion and Sansa. He sees her idealism as something negative, but in truth it's a huge part of where she draws her strength from.

awwww.....i think showsandor rory is hot hot hot....and makes me quiver!

yea yea he's like 40 something vs 20something but meh.....

and i agree...sansa is already fantasizing about him and comparing all men to him so its a done deal. LF hasn't a clue, either...heck neither does Tyrion!

He is HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

well tyrion knows he is nowhere close to fulfilling her songs so of course he wants them destroyed....they are a threat to him

sandor mocks her for them and says to quit basing all upon them but at the same time isn't necessarily threatened by them

LF tells her life isn't a song but he uses this to manipulate her as nothing threatens him

I love showSandor!!! :leer: :drool:

I personally love Rory. I would jump him and cling to him like a little monkey and never let go if possible. But when I think of him anywhere near wee Sophie I want to rush at him with a rolling pin. Go figure! :uhoh:

Was anyone else peeved that Tyrion saw fit to let Shae know he was getting married, but consented to having a 12 yr old dragged to her wedding? On that basis alone Sansa should have spit in his face when he started talking about the bedding.

And I'm still intrigued by her thoughts that Tyrion was as frightened as she was but this only causing her to pity him and be even more distant.

Finally, Tyrion's penis: beauty in the eye of the beholder situation I guess?

I do not find it that strange that Sansa dances. It is something she loves and she hopes it will give her a brief respite from her troubles. I am going to make myself a bit unpopular and say that I do not view Tyrion as harshly as some. Yes he is a Lannister and he had options, but he is a product of his father's raising, his sister's derision, and the world's general dislike of him for being a Lannister/drawrf. I think the his jest when leaving the hall for the bedding were crude, but he was attempting in some way to make it seem like he really wanted to bed Sansa. I give him props for not going through with it even though I wish had figured it out before they go naked!

Granted Tyrion has many advantages over what most people in Westeros do, but does it balance out the negatives of being a Lannister and a drawf? It is a damned it you damned if you odn't situation. I would hope if I were in the same situation as Tyrion that I could stand up to my father, but Tywin is one scary man! All three of his children have been used an manipulated by him. Tyrion and Jamie have a few redeeming moments, but Cercei is without any (unless you can admire her motherly love...ick, Joffrey).

All that being said I completely understand Sansa's unwillingness to bend down for the cloaking part. Good for her! Even more respect for her basically telling Tyrion to never touch her. This chapter show just how much strengh Sansa really has; she never cracked even during the most horrible moments of the day.

I'm with you here. This chapter was rather painful for me to read because I adored Sansa and Tyrion pretty much equally at this point. But them together was just so wrong in so many ways. When she refused to kneel for him I felt both their pain. Plus his embarrassment and her pride.

The bedding scene had me cringing so badly. It was altogether just a terrible experience reading it once that I skimmed through it during my re-read. But I do agree this chapter was really important for both characters' development.

well tyrion knows he is nowhere close to fulfilling her songs so of course he wants them destroyed....they are a threat to him

sandor mocks her for them and says to quit basing all upon them but at the same time isn't necessarily threatened by them

LF tells her life isn't a song but he uses this to manipulate her as nothing threatens him

Good summary :) On Sandor: you're right that he isn't intimidated by the songs, but also I think it's because he himself secretly idealises them.

Was anyone else peeved that Tyrion saw fit to let Shae know he was getting married, but consented to having a 12 yr old dragged to her wedding?

What, you don't like surprise weddings? Honestly I never even thought of this. In Tyrion's defense (sort of) he might have been too shamefaced to inform Sansa before time.

Finally, Tyrion's penis: beauty in the eye of the beholder situation I guess?.

I think all his previous women were paid to like his penis ;)

I personally love Rory. I would jump him and cling to him like a little monkey and never let go if possible. But when I think of him anywhere near wee Sophie I want to rush at him with a rolling pin. Go figure! :uhoh:

Well yeah, he’s way older, but for now, nothing is really going to happen between them…

If ever anything goes on between Sansa and Sandor, it’s going to take so many years that showSansa is going to be old enough.

Ok, the age gap is still going to be there, but it would not be the first may/December romance to air on TV.

Also, as they are fictive characters, I don’t even take the time to think of the ages of any of them. It’s all an act anyway. Well, that’s how I see it. I’m not chocked by those kinds of things (in fiction). I have to admit though, that my parents had 18 years between them, so I’m used to the younger woman/older man dynamic and don’t think it’s that bad.

OK, I’m sorry for that off-topic discussion :blushing: … It’ over now…

Archived