George: It will take at least another two years, maybe three

a free shadow

It's fine by me to wait for three years, but if they turn into six... well, I'll read it anyway, but I'll despair along the way. I really don't know how you guys managed to survive through the wait between AFFC and ADWD. Well, I guess I'll have to find new addictions in the meantime - maybe read all the issues of X-Men-related comics ever published? That should last for five years, me thinks...

I can take 2-3 years. I will expect it to appear in 2014.

As long as he keeps giving sample chapters of TWoW like on Christmas, I can keep my spirit up. Besides, the anticipation can often be more than the actual experience itself.

The wait between Feast and Dance was brutal. Expecting another 5 years for the next book. Just to be on the safe side. :drunk:

The TV show might make the wait go by easier. I had a great discussion today with a friend who articulately contrasted Jaime and Ned's "honor", and he had only seen the show! He didn't even know the books existed! Really odd to carry on a discussion of the series like that, but I'm hoping that the show and it's new fandom makes the time fly by.

That is the news. :unsure:

"It is still in the works, but, you know, I have about two hundred pages of it that I'd say are finished or close to finish, but these books are around fifteen hundred pages in manuscripts, so two hundred pages is just a drop in a bucket. I'll be working on this book for years to come, it will be another... At least two years, maybe three years until I will deliver this one", said George here.

Winds of Winter.

Today I am talking a lot. Would like it would be about things more cheery :fencing:

I have never, never waited for a book. And now my watch begins.

:bawl: Nooooooo....

3 years isnt bad but my cynical side can't help but think that it will turn into 5.

and anyone complaining about the wait....pssshh, you've got it easy this time around. There was no HBO series to watch bewteen Feast and Dance ;)

So if I'm reading this right, GRRM has written a hundred finished or close-to-finished pages since January? That's not bad.

No, those were pages held back from ADWD and pushed to TWOW, I don't think he actually started writing yet he's doing tours.

So if I'm reading this right, GRRM has written a hundred finished or close-to-finished pages since January? That's not bad.

He has said previously he would start writing in January. But last night in Toronto he said that the publisher wanted to release a book of maps, and since he only had a few maps he had to spend time drawing more maps! I think the map book comes out pretty soon.

I expected three years so I have no problem with that whatsoever. I mean these are some big, complicated books, so I don't know why anyone would have expected less. Any author putting out a sequel in under two years is impressive in my eyes. If this was a series with a standard page count for each book, and George had nothing else on his plate, sure. But given the reality, I consider this good news.

That is the news. :unsure:

"It is still in the works, but, you know, I have about two hundred pages of it that I'd say are finished or close to finish, but these books are around fifteen hundred pages in manuscripts, so two hundred pages is just a drop in a bucket. I'll be working on this book for years to come, it will be another... At least two years, maybe three years until I will deliver this one", said George here.

Winds of Winter.

Today I am talking a lot. Would like it would be about things more cheery :fencing:

I have never, never waited for a book. And now my watch begins.

You think that's bad? Try reading "The Waste Lands" with that ridiculous cliffhanger and then wait however many years it took for Stephen King to release "Wizard and Glass". I was loopy.

I expected three years so I have no problem with that whatsoever. I mean these are some big, complicated books, so I don't know why anyone would have expected less.

I don't expect less. I expect more. One more volume to finish the "Feast/Myreen trilogy". Then 3 volumes on the Dragon Wars of Autumn. And then finally a 3-volume finale. Each of the remaining volumes will be 1500 manuscript pages in length and take 10 years apiece to write.

No, those were pages held back from ADWD and pushed to TWOW, I don't think he actually started writing yet he's doing tours.

If I remember correctly, he only had 100 pages finished that did not make it in ADwD.

He has said previously he would start writing in January. But last night in Toronto he said that the publisher wanted to release a book of maps, and since he only had a few maps he had to spend time drawing more maps! I think the map book comes out pretty soon.

Ran posted a couple of weeks ago that he had resumed writing in January; I don't know whether that is true or not, but there it is.

Archived