Bran & the children of the forest

TyrionFan82

I finished AGOT a couple days ago and was wondering, without giving too much away to a new fan, how much do the children of the forest come to play in future books? I would assume not for a while, but it seems they wouldn't tell that story unless it was going to important later on.

I was wondering the same thing actually...towards the end of AGOT they are mentioned very in depth in that last Bran chapter.

I was wondering if this was going tobe something like they would atualy come into play later on in the series towards the end or something. But who knows. I've also been pondering the meaning of "A Song of Ice and Fire" recently too. Maybe this entire story is about Dany and her dragons (fire) versus the Others (white walkers) (ice) for control of the realm in the last two books?

Who knows. Haha. Just spitting out my thoughts.

Yea, I've wondered the meaning too, but haven't come with any concrete theories. I do think the Children of the Forest must be important later on in the series, otherwise why would they give this long, complicated backstory by Maester Luwin?

Well for the whole backstory I think GRRM just likes doing it. I heard him say in an interview in response to a question on whether he would write prequels or not... He said no because as he moves forward with the story, he also likes to fill in past events as well so he's essentially moving forward and backwards with the story/characters/history.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing actually...towards the end of AGOT they are mentioned very in depth in that last Bran chapter.

I was wondering if this was going tobe something like they would atualy come into play later on in the series towards the end or something. But who knows. I've also been pondering the meaning of "A Song of Ice and Fire" recently too. Maybe this entire story is about Dany and her dragons (fire) versus the Others (white walkers) (ice) for control of the realm in the last two books?

Who knows. Haha. Just spitting out my thoughts.

Hmm, good point. I agree with you about the fire reference, but as for ice, I was thinking more along the lines of winter in general, as the Stark words are "Winter is coming", but maybe it could mean the Others.

Archived