Finished SoS.........What is Littlefinger grooming Sansa for?

Freefolk

SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE BOOK

First of all, what is the personal gain in keeping Sansa alive? Is he waiting out for people to assume she's dead so he can claim her as his own and marry her off at some point for political gain?

Also, I question why he's teaching her the rules of the game. Is he hoping that she'll remain on his side or will he use her as a pawn and discard her as soon as he's done with her?

Interested in hearing all your thoughts on this.

He likes her dude , she is a better living image of her mother. Plus she is important, she is like 2nd in line for the queen of the north(as far as they know), she is the true lady of caterly rock(by tyrion), and the only known living Stark. (to them)

He likes her dude , she is a better living image of her mother. Plus she is important, she is like 2nd in line for the queen of the north(as far as they know), she is the true lady of caterly rock(by tyrion), and the only known living Stark. (to them)

Well there's that, but Littlefinger is never really straight forward. His movements aren't really that obvious. I'm probably just over-analysing.

Littlefinger is probably using Sansa for his own gain in any way that he can, both politically and personally. He definitely sees Cat in her, but may not necessarily be actually seeing her as Cat. By calling Sansa his daughter, he may be living out a bit of fantasy of what it would have been like to end up with Catelyn and have a child.

BUT, Littlefinger wouldn't be Littlefinger if he also wasn't brewing up some political scheme to keep him above everyone else. I bet he'll use Sansa and her "claim" to Winterfell to his advantage somehow. I would venture to guess that he has plans to see Sansa as a queen.

Only time (and GRRM) will tell...

There are two things, of course Littlefinger is interested in the fact that she looks like Catelyn, and that he's attracted to that bit of her. However, he does nothing without a reason, the man doesn't really have much of a heart so it would seem. So, in turn, everything he does is for his own personal gain in one way or another.

Sansa is indeed in line of owning Winterfell, and remember who is thought to be dead. So, in his mind, he has the only TRUE claim to Winterfell at the moment, but with everything going on he knows she wouldn't be safe claiming that right. Not yet. I'm fairly certain that will play a role in it. He is slowly claiming places one at a time. You'll see. I'm in A Feast for Crows, and if you think about it he has (in some way) claim of three fairly important areas, maybe more...

It's all part of his plan, I'm sure.

Queenship, remember this quote? "What little peace and order the five kings left us will not long survive the three queens, I fear."

Likely referring to his possible plan of making Sansa a queen, under the banners of the Vale and North. The others are porbably going to be two of these: Margery, Cersei, and Daenerys.

Interested in hearing all your thoughts on this.

Frankly, I think that Littlefinger is movitated by 'getting the Starks and Tullys'. In the TV series, he basically says that he's too weak to defeat them in a fight but he can mess with them and won't see it coming.'

The odd thing.. or the thing I don't understand.. Littlefinger truly believes that he slept with Cat. However, as had been long hinted at, it was Lysa he slept with but didn't know it. Lysa sort of spills the beans before being 'made to fly'. Does he understand now?

Queenship, remember this quote? "What little peace and order the five kings left us will not long survive the three queens, I fear."

Likely referring to his possible plan of making Sansa a queen, under the banners of the Vale and North. The others are porbably going to be two of these: Margery, Cersei, and Daenerys.

That's exactly what I was thinking, also, I sincerely hope that Cersei doesn't make it the whole way. I swear that if she doesn't die soon I'm going to have to find a magical way to insert myself into the book series and kill her in the most terrible and torturous way I can.

Frankly, I think that Littlefinger is movitated by 'getting the Starks and Tullys'. In the TV series, he basically says that he's too weak to defeat them in a fight but he can mess with them and won't see it coming.'

The odd thing.. or the thing I don't understand.. Littlefinger truly believes that he slept with Cat. However, as had been long hinted at, it was Lysa he slept with but didn't know it. Lysa sort of spills the beans before being 'made to fly'. Does he understand now?

I think he does, perhaps that was ANOTHER motivating reason to throw her out of the moon door? Of course, aside from the obvious fact that she was going to try to kill Sansa.

That's exactly what I was thinking, also, I sincerely hope that Cersei doesn't make it the whole way. I swear that if she doesn't die soon I'm going to have to find a magical way to insert myself into the book series and kill her in the most terrible and torturous way I can.

I think he does, perhaps that was ANOTHER motivating reason to throw her out of the moon door? Of course, aside from the obvious fact that she was going to try to kill Sansa.

Well, yes.. now he's the 'regent' of Lord Robert Arryn.. and free to marry again.. Thereby controlling the North and the Winds. Well, that was my thinking. And that poor Robert doesn't have long to live either.

I wonder if all these characters would be really scheming for Winterfell if they knew what was going on at the Wall?

Well, yes.. now he's the 'regent' of Lord Robert Arryn.. and free to marry again.. Thereby controlling the North and the Winds. Well, that was my thinking. And that poor Robert doesn't have long to live either.

I wonder if all these characters would be really scheming for Winterfell if they knew what was going on at the Wall?

I believe that none of them would even be bothering with Winterfell, or even considering it right now if they knew about everything going on up there at the Wall, and beyond the Wall. However, in the Night's Watch's defense they did warn people about things, but whether others believe it or not is a whole different story. At least I'm fairly certain I remember them telling people about issues they were having on the Wall....

Either way, I pity poor Sansa. She really isn't in a good position, and it doesn't look like she has much opportunity to get herself OUT of there either.

I believe that none of them would even be bothering with Winterfell, or even considering it right now if they knew about everything going on up there at the Wall, and beyond the Wall. However, in the Night's Watch's defense they did warn people about things, but whether others believe it or not is a whole different story. At least I'm fairly certain I remember them telling people about issues they were having on the Wall....

Either way, I pity poor Sansa. She really isn't in a good position, and it doesn't look like she has much opportunity to get herself OUT of there either.

You're right.. they sent Raven's to all the Kings.. warning them. Lord Mormont even sent Ser Allaster Thorne (I think his name was) to the King's Landing to ask for more help. None has been forthcoming.

You're right.. they sent Raven's to all the Kings.. warning them. Lord Mormont even sent Ser Allaster Thorne (I think his name was) to the King's Landing to ask for more help. None has been forthcoming.

That's okay, I'm sure it'll somehow backfire in their faces for ignoring it. Although, I can see where maybe it sounds like a completely far-fetched story. However, I wish they would all open their eyes and realize that maybe this wasn't some lie to just cast away, maybe it actually had depth.

Then again, this series wouldn't be what it is if everyone just went around doing what we wanted them too. Who would we yell at for being an idiot then?

• 7 months later...

She is actually his real daughter. Catelyn wanted to get back at Ned for Jon Snow and Littlefinger was convenient. You may think this is crazy but go back to book 1 and read Carelyn's conversation with Littlefinger in chapter 18. Specifically about what Varys knows (everything).

wow ...are you sure about this? how could she have seen Littlefinger after she married Ned? the book said that Hoster Tully sent Littlefinger away after he lost against Brandon Stark and she never saw him since. She left to wintefell after that. How could she have met Littlefinger?

You know he would have found a way. Could be she went to visit RiverRun and met up with him at the inn of the crossroads or someplace. The logistics are a little tricky but definitely possible. Yes, I've really convinced myself if this.

There's another thing Lf says to Sansa near the beginning of book 4. Something like "with your mom's looks and my wits, you'll go far" or whatever. Ok, wits aren't necessarily inherited but it has that kind of sound to it.

You know he would have found a way. Could be she went to visit RiverRun and met up with him at the inn of the crossroads or someplace. The logistics are a little tricky but definitely possible. Yes, I've really convinced myself if this.

There's another thing Lf says to Sansa near the beginning of book 4. Something like "with your mom's looks and my wits, you'll go far" or whatever. Ok, wits aren't necessarily inherited but it has that kind of sound to it.

Still think it's a long shot....I don't think Cat would do it. She's got nothing to gain

Archived