What will Arya be in the end

a free shadow

I hate to break your bubble but the FM make sure that assissin and victim do not know.each other

arya knows Cersei.

I'm afraid she'll die as Jon predicted, with her frozen fingers still clutching needle.

No, they don't. They just give a chance to refuse the job if you know the victim. We were shown an example when Arya overheard one FM being told to kill a man he knows and he used his right to refuse. Someone else took over.

And Jon never "predicted" anything. People must talk in books and not everything they say is a prophecy. I can not imagine Arya not going off in a fight. :dunno:

All I find here is a poster saying Arya is his wife's favorite character and continuing with a speculation that GRRM won't kill her off because of that. :) I do not think George is like that or that any wife would expect her husband be like that :)

Stannis bending the knee to Targs? I don't think so.

Why not? He admitted that the only reason he supported Robert in his rebellion is because his loyalty to his blood must come before his loyalty to the crown, and he was torn between the two. If anyone's going to sit the Iron Throne while Stannis still lives, it's either a Targaryen or Jon, who's half-Targ if the theory is true. It's also likely that Stannis might die, at the hands of a certain bastard or in battle against the Others.

Aw come on! That's my favourite theory :crying: She could lie. By then she'll have learnt how to lie, and even so I think the Kindly Man would let her do this. He knows she will always be Arya Stark in her heart, and maybe he is Jaqen, or even Syrio, and so is even more likely to let her do it. I'm aware that we're getting into crackpot territory now.. But she won't die like that! She'll die as Queen in the North, with Nymeria and the remnants of her family around her.

:bawl:

I just want Arya to come home.

Stannis bending the knee to Targs? I don't think so.

Stannis bending the knee? I don't think so.

No, they don't. They just give a chance to refuse the job if you know the victim. We were shown an example when Arya overheard one FM being told to kill a man he knows and he used his right to refuse. Someone else took over.

I hope to the gods you're right, because then the only flaw in my theory is that we're still not certain whether Lyanna and Cersei ever met, or if Cersei is aware enough of what Lyanna looked like to mistake Arya for her. I've just got to the bit in AFFC on my reread where Arya gets rid of her stuff and hides Needle, so I'm sure that part will be coming up shortly.

:bawl:

I just want Arya to come home.

On this we agree. Poor Arya - how will she get home though; what other ways make it possible? The only things I insist on is that she meets up with both Nymeria and Jon again, and dies either in battle or as an old woman in Winterfell. Poor girl's been through enough.

Sick :ack:

It is. Just... where are people getting this vibe from? Why is JonxArya even remotely a logical ship? It's like Merry and Pippin becoming lovers. That's not what the relationship dynamic is there! It's a sweet, pure affection between familial outsiders, untainted by... that.

Anyway, I want him to ruffle her hair one more time.

It is. Just... where are people getting this vibe from? Why is JonxArya even remotely a logical ship? It's like Merry and Pippin becoming lovers. That's not what the relationship dynamic is there! It's a sweet, pure affection between familial outsiders, untainted by... that.

Exactly.. this is not Kings Landing. The Lannisters and Targaryens set the norm for brother-sister relationships, apparently.

And Jon never "predicted" anything. People must talk in books and not everything they say is a prophecy. I can not imagine Arya not going off in a fight. :dunno:

Same. I can accept Arya dying but Arya dying alone in the cold (from a journey gone bad or something) would be seriously weak. Arya's going to go out soaked in her enemies' blood, if she goes out at all.

Why not? He admitted that the only reason he supported Robert in his rebellion is because his loyalty to his blood must come before his loyalty to the crown, and he was torn between the two. If anyone's going to sit the Iron Throne while Stannis still lives, it's either a Targaryen or Jon, who's half-Targ if the theory is true. It's also likely that Stannis might die, at the hands of a certain bastard or in battle against the Others.

This is Stannis Baratheon we're talking about here. Not only that but he thinks himself some savior prince with the foremost role to play in the fight against the Others. I don't think he'll bend to anyone.

Basically this. Jon/ Arya meetup has to happen, but seriously? Romance for those two? Ew no, gross!!!

I think Arya might end up being a free spirit, not necessarily married, but hopefully finding some love(Gendry? those two were cute). I don't see her as the lady of Winterfell or anywhere else. :dunno: Maybe she'll even assume a new identity for that?

Arya will be the last Stark standing and lady of Winterfell or Queen in the north. Cold, hard and strong. (I wrote once that Bran and Jon will be alive too but Jon is technically not a Stark and Bran technically can't stand so here we are.)

Lets face it even if Sansa lives (and I think she will die sacrificing herself to push unGregor through the Moon Door) she is not and never will be a person to deal with the North in or after Winter, not to mention the North full of wildlings, no matter how effective player she should have been in the South.

PS. I'll be brave I confess I kind of ship Jon and Arya too.

I think Arya might end up being a free spirit, not necessarily married, but hopefully finding some love(Gendry? those two were cute). I don't see her as the lady of Winterfell or anywhere else. :dunno: Maybe she'll even assume a new identity for that?

I suppose Arya could be anything she wants after she learns the Faceless Men's secrets. Once she gets bored of whatever she's doing, bam! new face, new life.

This is Stannis Baratheon we're talking about here. Not only that but he thinks himself some savior prince with the foremost role to play in the fight against the Others. I don't think he'll bend to anyone.

Exactly. But only because Mel told him so. Stannis is not AA, I'd stake a vast amount of money that I do not have on it. So once he figures that out, either through Mel owning up that she misread the fires, or the real AA turning up, he will throw her off the Wall and bend the knee, I think. What else does he have? He doesn't want to be king - he knows the people do not love him, he knows his rule will not go particularly well. But he feels honour-bound to continue to fight for it. If he doesn't, who is left? Dany is still in Essos, Robb, Renly and Balon are all dead, nobody seems bothered about the Crows Eye, so that leaves him to fight against the Lannisters. I know his character, I know he 'would bend before he bent', but he knows the Targaryens are the true rulers of the Seven Kingdoms. Either this, or he will charge headlong into the Others, believing he is AA, because Mel didn't have the bollocks to own up lest he burnt her, and dies from it. But I don't think he'd stand against Dany and/or Jon and/or even Aegon, if he turns out to be real.

I suppose Arya could be anything she wants after she learns the Faceless Men's secrets. Once she gets bored of whatever she's doing, bam! new face, new life.

Exactly. She doesn't want to be a highborn lady and have to deal with all the restrictios that come with that, boom - new identity, quiet life as some innkeep, or sellsword, or farmer, or or or...

I hope to the gods you're right, because then the only flaw in my theory is that we're still not certain whether Lyanna and Cersei ever met, or if Cersei is aware enough of what Lyanna looked like to mistake Arya for her. I've just got to the bit in AFFC on my reread where Arya gets rid of her stuff and hides Needle, so I'm sure that part will be coming up shortly.

I found it in ADWD: "The priests used the language of Braavos, though once for several minutes three spoke heatedly in High Valyrian. The girl understood the words, mostly, but they spoke in soft voices, and she could not always hear. “I know this man,” she did hear a priest with the face of a plague victim say. “I know this man,” the fat fellow echoed, as she was pouring for him. But the handsome man said, “I will give this man the gift, I know him not.” Later the squinter said the same thing, of someone else."

Exactly. She doesn't want to be a highborn lady and have to deal with all the restrictios that come with that, boom - new identity, quiet life as some innkeep, or sellsword, or farmer, or or or...

But everyone she cares about in the North must be dead then... *Bawl*

I can't see Arya truly abandoning her past and embrasing the FM full time, I see her returning with Dany where she will get her own little revenge back and meeting back up with however many of her siblings survive. I certainly don't see her abondining everything she has learned either to turn into some weak wifey to Gendry either, she'll want to use what she knows and be more than a baby factory. A more attractive Brienne perhaps but of course closer to assasin than knight.

No way! She wouldn't be a highborn lady - she'd be Queen in the North, so she'd rule her way, and the Old Gods help anyone who tries to stop her. She's exactly what the north needs to bring it to heel - the Ironborn, the Boltons, even the Freys, they need ruling and taming, or exterminating. Who better to do this than Arya-badass-Stark? The wildlings also need somewhere to go - Arya wouldn't make them bend the knee as such, but she'd expect them to adhere to her rules and if they broke them, they'd pay dearly for it. I doubt they'd be very strict anyway, but she'd want them to live in harmony together, and would accept and respect them despite their differences. Peace would be restored in the north under her rule, I think. Dany can burn herself up in KL for all I care :lol:

Thanks, A Free Shadow! :D

I can't see Arya truly abandoning her past and embrasing the FM full time, I see her returning with Dany where she will get her own little revenge back and meeting back up with however many of her siblings survive. I certainly don't see her abondining everything she has learned either to turn into some weak wifey to Gendry either, she'll want to use what she knows and be more than a baby factory. A more attractive Brienne perhaps but of course closer to assasin than knight.

But that is my difficulty here. I can say "she wouldn't be that", but what exactly would she be. What does it mean "A more attractive Brienne perhaps but of course closer to assasin than knight"? What exactly would she do day to day?

No way! She wouldn't be a highborn lady - she'd be Queen in the North, so she'd rule her way, and the Old Gods help anyone who tries to stop her. She's exactly what the north needs to bring it to heel - the Ironborn, the Boltons, even the Freys, they need ruling and taming, or exterminating. Who better to do this than Arya-badass-Stark? The wildlings also need somewhere to go - Arya wouldn't make them bend the knee as such, but she'd expect them to adhere to her rules and if they broke them, they'd pay dearly for it. I doubt they'd be very strict anyway, but she'd want them to live in harmony together, and would accept and respect them despite their differences. Peace would be restored in the north under her rule, I think. Dany can burn herself up in KL for all I care :lol:

Thanks, A Free Shadow! :D

Might be...I just don't see it. :dunno:

Dany can go on to be a limbo dancer on the Summer Isles for all I care, as long as she leaves the North in peace. :D

But that is my difficulty here. I can say "she wouldn't be that", but what exactly would she be. What does it mean "A more attractive Brienne perhaps but of course closer to assasin than knight"? What exactly would she do day to day?

Perhaps she will become an agent for the new Master of Whisperers? i can't see Varys retaining his position so whoever takes the job will need someone with her skills. Or if the theory that the Kingdom of the North will be reborn than that makes it even easier since it will have to be ruled by a Stark, she will be defending family. Or hell, make her a ruler in her own right, kick out the Freys from the Twins and give the castle to Arya, I'm sure if she can kill some traitors for Dany than she can get some cool stuff as a reward. All guesstimates, we don't know how the big players will settle things, will determine where Arya ends up.

Archived