What will Arya be in the end

a free shadow

There is a much bigger point to the whole "Faceless Man" power than I think will lead up to a big "Holy SHIT, it's Arya!" moment in the last book. Arya is going to assassinate someone big and we won't know it until she reveals herself to the person (and the audience) and kills the target. Maybe even someone really major like Littlefinger or Varys. I don't think that she will be the one to off Cersei because I strongly believe Jaime will get that distinction but it will be one of the "baddies" that are pivotal to the storyline.

She's been a few different "animals" since leaving Kings Landing, each a little larger/more powerful than the last. I think she takes that to the ultimate and ends up as the third dragon with Jon and Dany.

Tragaryens seem to have a habit of dreaming about dragons, so it’s possible the way dragons are actually controlled is warging which if true would make one of the Stark kids the most likely candidate for the third head since as far as we know Jon and Dany are the only two real Targaryens left. With her close connection to Jon, Arya seems to be the most likely.

She's been a few different "animals" since leaving Kings Landing, each a little larger/more powerful than the last. I think she takes that to the ultimate and ends up as the third dragon with Jon and Dany.

Tragaryens seem to have a habit of dreaming about dragons, so it’s possible the way dragons are actually controlled is warging which if true would make one of the Stark kids the most likely candidate for the third head since as far as we know Jon and Dany are the only two real Targaryens left. With her close connection to Jon, Arya seems to be the most likely.

This is interesting she was squab, weasel, cat, will be wolf again. Why not dragon.

I can't imagine that Arya has spent all of this time becomming a face-changing assasin for nothing. She's got to kill someone important or may be several people, Then, she can be anyone that she chooses to be.

In the end I think that she will warg into Nymeria and be part of the book ending battle leading a huge pack of wolves. Jon will warg into one of the dragons, Dany will ride a dragon and together they will defeat the Others. Rickon will become King in the North. Maybe Bran will warg into the other dragon, I haven't quite worked that out yet.

I think a more interesting question is what will Arya have been by the end? She's already been a mouse, a squirrel, a ghost, Arry, Weasel, Nan the cupbearer, Cat of the Canals, blind Beth the beggar, and an ugly girl, and next, she'll be a pretty girl. I like how everytime she chooses a name it's always someone she knew from the past, who happened to fit the description of what she was at the time, or because she just needed another name.

Arry, because she was a boy; Weasel, because she was a frightened young girl; Cat, because there's a lot of cats in Braavos and it goes with canals; Beth, because it went well with blind.

She'll definitely be taking up more names and professions now that she's going deeper into the FM. Whatever they are, she'll have a wide list of skills by the end of the series, and if she's still alive, she could put any of them to good use.

I agree with the first part - the 'spoiler' is definitely one possible way of Arya getting home.

But why no Gendry? I think he's perfect for her. He's only half Baratheon, and together they will reunite the Houses and bring back the friendship the Starks and Baratheons once shared through their fathers - the curse will have gone. On a more practical side, he's one of the very few men who would put up with her throwing crabapples around. He's strong, a smith so he's useful, and he doesn't want to be a lofty lord either. He'd rule well - he comes from nothing, so he'd expect nothing, work hard and treat his people right. He also wouldn't judge the wildlings, I think.

Sandor will become part of Arya's household guard if he lives. A dog amongst wolves

Why Gendry is wrong for Arya:

1) I think it's weird to do matchmaking based on the acquaintance between a 9-year-old and a teenage boy.

2) Gendry is a bastard, so he can't do anything on behalf of House Baratheon, which may not even exist after Aegon, Dany and the Boltons do their respective things.

3) That uniting-houses-by-marriage thing doesn't work for shit.

4) Gendry doesn't want anything to do with Lords and Ladies (smart boy).

5) They're both stubborn, bossy and opinionated -- if they were married they'd fight like wolves and stags. Heaven help Gendry if he started stagging around like his dear old dad -- Arya would hand him his balls, and that couldn't be good for future generations.

6) Gendry is a Southron who worship's R'hllor. Arya is a Northerner who belongs to the old gods. I don't want anyone with burning tendencies anywhere near Winterfell's godswood.

6) I bet he hates the cold.

As for the FM "allowing" her to leave – really, this is Arya we're talking about, do you think she's going to ask their permission???? Besides, a beautiful, highborn Westerosi woman as a FM on site? I think that makes her the mole to beat all moles, and potentially very valuable to the FM.

I'd like to see Arya use her ninja skills to infiltrate the Twins kill any Freys UnCat may have missed. Perhaps she could arrange to have Nymeria snack on some Waldar Freys. Yum.

You make some good points about Gendry. Just let him try to burn down a heart tree near Arya! He can take his hippy Rulore lovin' religion and shove it! Arya is Old Gods all the way.

And yeah, the FM got lucky with Arya Stark. Water Dancer, all around badass, and master warg is quite the valuable asset for Him of Many Faces.

Why Gendry is wrong for Arya:

1) I think it's weird to do matchmaking based on the acquaintance between a 9-year-old and a teenage boy.

2) Gendry is a bastard, so he can't do anything on behalf of House Baratheon, which may not even exist after Aegon, Dany and the Boltons do their respective things.

3) That uniting-houses-by-marriage thing doesn't work for shit.

4) Gendry doesn't want anything to do with Lords and Ladies (smart boy).

5) They're both stubborn, bossy and opinionated -- if they were married they'd fight like wolves and stags. Heaven help Gendry if he started stagging around like his dear old dad -- Arya would hand him his balls, and that couldn't be good for future generations.

6) Gendry is a Southron who worship's R'hllor. Arya is a Northerner who belongs to the old gods. I don't want anyone with burning tendencies anywhere near Winterfell's godswood.

6) I bet he hates the cold.

:rofl:

I think, with that line, you just blew any possible argument I might have had out of the water :lol:

I think Roberts' bastards will have a bigger part to play, though of course I can't say what. Gendry only worships R'hllor because by doing so, that's how he gets his food and shelter at the moment. I don't think it's a big deal for him, he was only persuaded because of the 'magic' of Thoros bringing back Dondarrion, and because he had barely any other options.

Yeah, it's a bit weird shipping two children together. But in the far future, I'd definitely like to see it happen. I think they work so well together - they remind me of me and my friend, we're constantly arguing and are stubborn as each other, and I'd throw a crabapple at his head without thinking twice, but it's kind of nice and cute and shows that they have passion - a passion that could turn into something more when they're older.

No, Gendry doesn't want anything to do with Lords and Ladies - neither does Arya. I'm of the firm belief that if Arya were Queen/Warden of the North, she'd sort it out. The north is a hard, harsh land, and it needs a hard, harsh ruler, not some southern-like flower like Sansa. Arya would inspire the loyalty needed to bring her northmen back, regroup, and attack whoever needs attacking. Gendry could smith for Winterfell, Arya would run with Nymeria and her wolves - they wouldn't be the typical 'Lord and Lady', and that's what the north needs, I think - two hardened, down-to-earth, loyal people, one a Stark, the other a Baratheon. I don't know what part the bastards will play later on, but it's a feeling I can't shift. Could be wrong, we shall have to wait and see.

And I have no argument against him hating the cold :lol:

Since the beginning, I always felt like Mr. Martin was strongly suggesting that she and Jon had a special bond, and that they'd end up together (which I thought was weird at first, but now seeing that so many people think Eddard is not really Jon's father...).

This is a good question, and much about Arya's story has surprised me. In other words, I expect one thing to happen, but the opposite, or something completely unconsidered does.

Same here!! I agree, I think Jon & Arya will some how get together. It was foreshadowed in the 1st book. How, I have no idea!!!

I feel there is something big for Arya related to FM in future books....George surely send Arya to become a FM for a reason..My guess she will be sent to kill Alayne Stone by Cersei after the downfall of LF (Arya knows Sansa but not Alayne)

She will be a FM and will join Jaqen on whatever quest he is after at the Citadel. I think she and Jaqen will work together for the FM.

If she were to end up with anyone romantically I would say Gendry as well, they already have a bond. But I don't think Arya will ever wed, she might end up more like Asha and Gendry would be her guy....and she'll drink a lot of moon tea.

She has a bigger destiny than to marry some Lord and hang around a castle somewhere...she said so herself in GOT.

I think the key part of her learning the secrets of the Faceless Men is not so much that she can kill, it's that she can take on the face of anyone. She can assume the identity of whoever she wants.

I suspect she'll be taking on a role of great importance - possibly even Dany - and help save Westeros under that false identity. What happens by the end of the books. . .eh, I can't see an conclusion but her death, sorry.

I keep coming back to Arya's bedtime list.

It would make huge sense for her somehow to escape, return to Westeros with her new-found skills, and start finding and bumping off those who remain in her list.

Which will be interesting if the Hound is still alive. Because I'm not sure she'd kill him (after all, she had the chance before). And because he doesn't actually deserve it.

Of course, if this is true then Arya is the one to kill Cersei and UnGregor. Unless she gets caught in the attempt.

I hope she reunites with Nymeria, marries somebody that won't try and suppress her (Gendry?), and rules at Winterfell.

I think she'll break free of the faceless men when she sees something that reminds her of who she really is like Nymeria, Jon, Sansa, etc.

If she dies, I will be inconsolable for a long time and will have to mourn her. I couldn't sleep the night I read that she had been blinded...

Archived