What will Arya be in the end

a free shadow

Nymeria must figure back into her story again somehow, as must Syrio. My guess is that Arya is sent to kill Dany, but Syrio has been taken on as Danys guard. He defends Dany after Arya's assassination attempt. Arya is now a faceless dancer herself, she and Syrio fight. (awesome op for a Syrio POV BTW) but he is still stronger and she receives a near mortal wound from him and looses her face as she is dying. Syrio then has to plead her case to Dany who is every poor soul's mother and she has Arya patched up and gains a deadly little ally when Syrio completes her training. I won't go so far as to say Arya kills Cersei...out of respect for Maggy the frogs vision but the Hodor/ Mountain Robert match up is coming, Who's to say Bran is not the the "little brother" Cersei fears?

It's easy to loose sight that when the dusts settles on all these little details, the ultimate battle will be when everyone unites against the Others and whites at the wall.

I am really sorry, but I am too lazy to read all the comments, so I don't know if someone already came up with this:

After the war is finally over (whoever sit the iron chair), Arya is on westeros after an assignment that marked the fall of the Lannister(there's just no way they live out the series), She finds Nymeria on the Riverlands and wargs into the whole pack, becomig Arya Thousand-skins!!! then she takes a position in the small council (I am thinking Lady of whispers, but who knows maybe even Hand or LC of the KG) and thus she sends a Guardian Wolf as a gift of peace to every lord with a maester in Westeros, to be kept as a pet of the household leader (obviously a spy), and therefore being able to keep the peace of the King/Queen/Tyrells (doesn't really matter) knowing everything there is to know in the realm.

Or, she just fails a mission for the FM and ends up in the isle of faces and somehow connects with Bran and learns the arts of the greenmen and become the ultimate Assassin/Warrior/Mage/Priest (basically every gamer mmorpg class wet dream), the end.

Arya meets up with Nymeria, who is now the head of a massive pack of hundreds or even thousands of wolves, wargs into Nym and leads the pack into battle, killing a LOT of baddies.

Danaerys ends up on the Iron Throne, Sansa is the Hand of the Queen, Brienne leads the Queensguard and Arya is also a knight. (Girl power. Why not?)

• 2 weeks later...

It would have been great if GRRM had kept the timeskip and Arya had growed under Sandor tutelage, instead of stabbing him and escaping...Can you imagine the sheer badassery of a sixteen years old Sandor-trained Arya?

Jon and Arya won't end up together. Jon is a man of the Night's watch and he has grown up thinking Arya to be his sister, it would be really odd.

GRRM said that Arya is NOT gonna die because his wife made him promise not to kill her. GRRM says that he is like Tyrion but he is more like Tywin actually

the way he ruthlessly "kills" characters and the way his wife dominates him.

Magnificent.

Also I think Jon and Arya will reconcile somewhere down the road, and will remain a part of each others life, not sure what postions they'll be in though.

I could see Arya leading a sell-sword company someday, or being a neo-Varys, or a great faceless-girl, but I can't see her really wanting to rule anything or anyone. She's pretty indifferent to power and I doubt she'd want to be queen of anything. I also can't see her settled and married either.

Not I think she won't be interested in boys someday, when she's older I could see her having a long term lover, probably a colleague, but never married with kids. As she put it - that's Sansa!

My best bet is that she'll become the Master (Mistress?) of Whisperers for whoever ends up ruling the North. She's dead last in the Stark line of succession, so it's fairly unlikely she'll actually become the Queen in the North, nor would she really want that position even if she could have it.

As for her marrying anyone, it's difficult to say. She'll likely marry whoever she pleases (my guess is some lowborn nobody) and all of her siblings know better then to try to force a marriage pact on her if they want themselves and her new "husband" to live for very long.

• 1 month later...

Oooh, first post ever!

I think it would be ironic if Arya and Sansa each end up getting what the other originally wanted--Arya with a handsome husband and children and Sansa with an adventurous, independent lifestyle. I don't know if it would ever happen, but I love the idea of (older) Arya with Gendry. She may grow tired of her current lifestyle and yearn for a bit of stability. Gendry could give her that without expecting her to be the typical "good little housewife." I can't really picture her being pregnant, but somehow I can imagine her adopting. I have less of a picture of what Sansa would end up like, but that's where I can potentially see Arya.

i like to think Arya will become a FM (and a damn good one at that) but something will remind her of winterfell, or jon, or needle (which she'll recover from the steps) and she will finish her prayer her self, one by one. So in essence she will become the perfect assasin, but ultimately stay true to her roots at heart, being a Stark and wolf of Winterfell.

I would love so much if she killed Cersei, and told cersei exactly who she was before she put needle through her heart. The look on Cersei's face as she realised she was about to die at the hands of Ned Stark's daughter who escaped her clutches. A lannister may pay their debts, but the north remembers all.

We have already been told her fate via Jon Snow's accidental prophesy:

The longer you hide, the sterner the penance. You'll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.

I think everyone in this thread is wrong, except the person who rightly replied, 'No one'. Martin has shown time and time again his ability to thwart traditional fantasy cliches and construct believable human arcs. She will not return as a conqueror nor will she wind up in the company of Jon or Sansa ever again nor will she enact vengeance against anyone on her list.

I don't know how her story will end, but I'm fairly certain her identity as a Stark is done. She is no longer Arya of Westeros. She is 'faceless'. She is no one. Her story may yet intersect with the other Starks or even Lannisters, but she will not be the same Arya Underfoot. In fact, I would go so far as to suggest her story may end with her shoving a shiv between Lady Stoneheart's ribs, or perhaps Rickon or something.

Archived