Favorite Book

Which book in the series has been your favorite so far.

My favorite was ACoK because I liked all of the POV's and their stories. My least favorite was AFFC with it's boring POV's and a not as exciting stories.

i cant really pick one from the other seriously they all continue on the story and i want to get to the end, i dont even see them as this book beat that book, i mean acok was good because it had the factions war going on and all the kings fighting for control and a epic battle but still i cant really go back and read the original book because things have moved on so far, it seems a bit plain, i think the last time i did was to re-read neds chapters as he was a bad ass along with seeing the tv series too many times.

if i had to choose acok probably is the best because it kick starts it all full swing and has alot of action.

1. SoS- So many awesome things to talk about. Sandor with Arya, Oberyn/Gregor fight, Stannis going north

2. CoK- Loved this because of the introduction of Davos, Stannis, and so many other great characters. Tyrion as hand etc.

3. GoT- Great start, I loved reading about Eddard and how everything unraveled

4. FfC- Brienne was a little boring, but I liked Sansa and Jaime's POV

5. DwD- I hated the Essos POV, Dany was unbearable, even Tyrion was boring

ASOS - I can't even begin. so much happens. Jon's storyline, Robb's storyline/Red Wedding, Jaime and Brienne, Joffrey's Wedding, the wights and others, the battle against the wildlings, lord commander Jon Snow, Stoneheart in the end, etc.

ACOK - Arya, the house of the undying (the only Dany chapter I ever really liked), Theon and Asha, the sack of Winterfell, Melisandre, the battle of blackwater

ADWD - Jon's storyline, Reek, and Bran and the Reeds up north

AGoT was good but mostly expository I guess

AFFC was decent but there were few POVs that didnt cause me pain. I was never a fan of the political side of the series.

1.) ASoS without a doubt is my absolute favorite. So much happening here, from the prolouge, I got so hyped when the Others finally showed up to the tragic Red Wedding to Jon and the Wildling battle and then Stannis saving the day to Joff's death to Tyrion's trial and Oberyn vs. Mountain and finally Tywin gets what was coming to him. It was amazing.

2.) ACoK and ADwD. ACoK had so many things happening, but Arya's story was absolutely captivating and it had JAQEN. I truly did love ADwD, I know many people didn't, but Theon's story and witnessing the Boltons in all their creepy, dreadful glory.

3.) AGoT, I love this book but being that I saw season 1 first, I sort of saw what was coming already. It didn't impact me as much had I not saw the show first.

4.) AFfC, this book took me the longest read. I didn't hate it, but it just wasn't as good as the others. The only parts I really got into were the Ironborn chapters although most people hated them. I wasn't really into KL/Cersei chapters or even Arya's that much.

There are parts of each book that are genius. Even though most people say AFFC was their least favorite, I find several chapters within it to be very entertaining, mainly Cersei's.

I agree. AFFC was a breath of fresh air after the emotional hurricane that was ASOS, it is like a traditional play

Act 1: Game of Thrones

Act 2: Clash of Kings

Act 3: Storm of Swords

Act 4: AFFC and ADWD

Act 5: WoW and DoS

Which book in the series has been your favorite so far.

My favorite was ACoK because I liked all of the POV's and their stories. My least favorite was AFFC with it's boring POV's and a not as exciting stories.

AFFC and ADWD are not my favorite books of the series either, but those two books, especially AFFC, are really good when you read them for the second time.

They are full of forshadowing and plotting that wasnt noticed the first time you read them.

I think that a lot of people that complain about the last 2 books will really enjoy them more if they read them again.

1. SoS- So many awesome things to talk about. Sandor with Arya, Oberyn/Gregor fight, Stannis going north

2. CoK- Loved this because of the introduction of Davos, Stannis, and so many other great characters. Tyrion as hand etc.

3. GoT- Great start, I loved reading about Eddard and how everything unraveled

4. FfC- Brienne was a little boring, but I liked Sansa and Jaime's POV

5. DwD- I hated the Essos POV, Dany was unbearable, even Tyrion was boring

I feel the same way. Though to be fair to Dance, I think its a "set up" book where Martin gets all his pieces into place for an exciting last two (or three) books in the series.

Tho I did like Brienne and her chapters. With the exception of Areo, I don't particularly like the Dornish or Ironborn Pov characters personally, but what's going on around them always fascinates me, esp Theon and Asha's Dance chapters.

Hey! That's almost the same as my list...with one difference, why do you hate Dance so much? :crying:

I don't hate it, it's just not the best. A lot of my favourite characters went downhill in that book, Dany and Tyrion for starters. I'm hoping I'll enjoy it more on my reread, I raced through it the first time to find out what happened next :lol:

Archived