Favorite Book

• 2 months later...

1. ACOK. Two things: Blackwater and House of the Undying. Also Davos' first chapters (one of my favourite POVs).

2. ASOS. Red Wedding, Joffrey's wedding, Jon and the wildlings, Dany's discovery of Jorah's betrayal, Oberyn, Tywin's death...

3. AGOT. You see so much more the second time you read it, and Ned's thoughts about Lyanna and the Tower of Joy are more than interesting.

4. ADWD. More POVs from my favourite characters.

5. AFFC. POVs from Brienne (N) but also Jaime, Cersei and an introduction (finally) to Dorne which I loved.

I love them all equally for different reasons. Its too hard to choose a favorite. A storm of swords has the most action. But a clash of kings has the best sorcery. A game of thrones has the best politics. A feast for crows has cersei and dorne. And a dance with dragons has dragons! its too hard to choose. I do love the storm and dance. But the feast has some incredible chapters like maggy and clash of kings has the house of the undying and the intro of mel. Its too hard for me to choose >_<

• 3 months later...

ASOS: Best storyline, most twists, all the good POVs

AGOT: Eddard POVs, starts everything

AFFC: Jaime, Cersei, Arya and Sansa POVs, all of which I loved. Shame about Samwell ones, those were dull.

ACOK: Davos POVs and Theon POVs, but seemed to drag on during the middle. Epic conclusion though.

ADWD: Hate the Meereen storyline. Also not a huge fan of the Minor POVs like Barristan and Griff. Also don't like Tyrion as much in this book. Reek, Davos and Jon though are amazing, and good twists at the end.

Clash of Kings and Game of Thrones as best. I know Game of Thrones isn't as interesting but it has Ned, and it is the basis of everything that got it all moving. A Clash of Kings is good too for Arya and Tyrion's story. Storm of Swords comes then as I'm really interested to see how the show portrays that book with the Red Wedding and such. Feast for Crows and A Dance for Dragons are good but they're just not as good as the others. Dany's storyline dragged too much. Here's hoping the remaining books surpass expectations and answer a few of our theories.

When normal people are waiting for sequels they're hoping the author is going to clear up mysteries and surprise them with wild plot twists whereas the ASOIAF people just want to see if they predicted the plot correctly! :drunk:

• 2 months later...

1. ASOS

2. ACOK

3. AGOT

4. ADWD

5. AFFC

I plan on re-reading both ADWD and AFFC soon I hope. I have a feeling, as some of you have pointed out, that I may enjoy them more the second time around. I also do not plan on reading them separately but as if both books were just one huge book, so I will be jumping back and forth from book to book. I'm following some proposed merged reading, should be fun. http://boiledleather.com/post/24543217702/a-proposed-a-feast-for-crows-a-dance-with-dragons

Archived