No "Second Life" for Sansa

pourthedamhypocras

I assume because Lady is dead, and she is the only POV Stark child without a wolf to Warg into, that this is somehow significant in terms of her ultimate fate. Sansa never even hints that she felt that kind of tie with Lady..Do you think that if lady had lived she would have had the gift the way the other Stark Children do? Is there any hint that Rob had wolf dreams as well?

• 1 month later...

Sansa seems the furthest away from discovering her ability. And I think that by nature she’d be the least likely to embrace it. Although she’s evolved so much perhaps that’s not true anymore.

Anyway, Lady’s death does seem to have stunted her development…I don’t remember any dreams hinting at warging, or other indications of it. Is it possible one of her siblings will teach her to unlock her potential? Maybe Arya? Their relationship was so fractured by the end of their time in KL I’ve been hoping ever since that there will be a reconciliation. Hopefully one which involves wreaking havoc on their enemies.

I'm not sure with what Sansa might make a warging link. Arya/Nymeria have a massive wolf pack as a potential outlet for her I suppose.

I see a real potential for her to unlock her power: with Bran getting hooked into the weirwood matrix, it is only a matter of time until he reaches out to her. After all she spends more time in the various God's woods than all the other children together. I for one would relish her warging into Nymeria for the express purpose of eating Littlefinger alive.

I see a real potential for her to unlock her power: with Bran getting hooked into the weirwood matrix,

Bloodraven to Bran: You can take the blue seeds and wake up tomorrow believing what you want or you can take the red seeds and see how far the rabbit hole goes

Bran is the One

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still predicting that Bran's body is destroyed and he transfers permanently to Hodor.

Maybe at the end something like that could happen, but if he did it now he'd lose his Greenseeing and skinchanger abilities.

I hope Sansa will get a connection with wolves somehow. Nymeria would do I guess, Arya isn't even in Westeros anymore. Argh, I just want Sansa to have a happy ending. If she dies I'm going to cry.

I'd rather her die while happy than live through more horrors and be in constant agony. I love Sansa, I'm tired of seeing her and all the remaining Starks so......sad. :(

I don´t think that Sansa lost that much. Certainly not if we talk about "the second life" as the afterlife spent in the skin of one´s pet. Who would want to wake up as their dog/cat one day? At least I wouldn´t. Sansa will do just fine without warging anything.

Sansa seems the furthest away from discovering her ability. And I think that by nature she’d be the least likely to embrace it. Although she’s evolved so much perhaps that’s not true anymore. Anyway, Lady’s death does seem to have stunted her development…I don’t remember any dreams hinting at warging, or other indications of it. Is it possible one of her siblings will teach her to unlock her potential? Maybe Arya? Their relationship was so fractured by the end of their time in KL I’ve been hoping ever since that there will be a reconciliation. Hopefully one which involves wreaking havoc on their enemies. I'm not sure with what Sansa might make a warging link. Arya/Nymeria have a massive wolf pack as a potential outlet for her I suppose.

Bran is the only one who even knows he is warg and the only one of the Starks with training in his ability. Arya doesn't know what she is doing or how she does it. Guess it's save to assume that Rickon doesn't have a clue either.

• 2 weeks later...

Bran is the only one who even knows he is warg and the only one of the Starks with training in his ability. Arya doesn't know what she is doing or how she does it. Guess it's save to assume that Rickon doesn't have a clue either.

John also knows he is a warg but doesnt seem to have embraced it or any desire to pursue it(not sure if you where deliberatey discounting John as one of the Stark children)

• 2 weeks later...

Arya warged cats on purpose in Bravos. So she knows her ability and seems to be a strong warg.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this as good a place to any to ask this....why are the Starks able to warg? Were Ned and Lyanna able to as well? The books never seem to go into this although I'm sure future books will.

There is no evidence that Ned or Lyanna (or Brandon or Benjen) could warg, but that doesn't mean they could not, either. They didn't have direwolves, after all. That said, I get the feeling that warging (or skin-changing in general) is perhaps a trait found amongst certain people with the blood of the First Men, as is green-seeing. Not necessarily all people who are descendents of the First Men, but a percentage, if that makes sense. I am thinking of Bloodraven here as an example of this, because even though he was obviously half-Targaryen, on his mother's side he was a Blackwood, and they are the blood of the First Men. I'm pretty sure it was his Blackwood side that gave him the warging and green-seeing powers that he put to such extensive use throughout his life.

So, as we can see with Varamyr Six-Skins and the other wildings who are skin-changers, skin-changing is not solely the province of Starks. It does seem like something quite specific to the First Men, though I could be proven wrong if we find out more info that proves otherwise in the future.

I was thinking Lyanna was a warg, furthermore my idea was, that she must had warged (subconciously or at least had wolf dreams about) the direwolf mother that was found dead by Jon and Robb. It's a bit streched theory since it would mean the direwolf would have to be at least 15 years old, but we don't know much about direwolves anyway. If a normal dog can live up to 15, a direwolf could surely live longer and still be fertile at that age.

Noone has seen a direwolf south of the Wall for two hundred years, and now there comes one so far south as Winterfell. I think she just somehow knew where to come (but don't ask me how she came across the Wall). And she was struggling with a deer and was killed by him.

On the other hand I never thought Sansa and Robb were wargs (not sure for Rickon either). They did have special connections with their direwolves, but i saw no other indications. Again, a normal dog can feel its masters moods and act that way, a direwolf even more, specially because the children were the only mother they knew. But, hey, if GRRM says they are all wargs, i belive it ... :)

Archived