The Lands of Ice and Fire: a new map book out in Oct 2012

Werthead

Well, the only Dothraki thing I've noticed is that Vaes Graddakh place. But I'm more interest in these kingdoms. South of Vaes Graddakh there seem to be a huge "Kingdom(s) of S...". I wonder what it is.

Probably, as Ran said last page at page 6

the Lands of the Shrykes

So, Kingdom of the Shrykes. But wth are the Shrykes? What does that mean?

Edit: see the strike.

Edit2: There's a thin line drawn from Vaes Graddakh, I guess it connects the city to Vaes Dothrak.

Asshai!!! :drool: But where exactly is it? I don't recognize the surroundings.

I can only assume the island to the left is in the Jade Sea, and Essos wraps all the way around and ends at Asshai. Then the part to the southeast is Sothoros (you can just see a 'TH').

I can only assume the island to the left is in the Jade Sea, and Essos wraps all the way around and ends at Asshai. Then the part to the southeast is Sothoros (you can just see a 'TH').

Yeah. At first I though it was right next to Qarth, but that Leng island is pretty large and it's not in that huge HBO map that seems to be official now. Now Yi Ti is the only mysteryous place remaining.

Anyone knows if these maps will be allowed in the wiki?

The part to the south is not Sothyros. ;)

The HBO map is utterly wrong when it gets not much past Qarth. George changed it a lot.

The maps will not be usable in the wiki. They're copyrighted, and we're not going to be getting permission to use them. Posting the whole maps would not be a fair use.

I suppose it's possible that we could do little snippets as fair use, to illustrate some of the new areas, ala the io9 except for Asshai.

Ah, no, it's not Qohor. The name its founders gave it are in parenthesis under the Dothraki name.

I guess you could say Ifeqevron means 'foreigners', in a very simplistic sense. But it has a more specific translation.

Sooooooo....anyone know what Ran is talking about?

I expect error. George wavered on the spelling at times, or in the process of editing it got a bit confused. It happens. But he seems to have settled on Sothoryos now. I suppose one can take Sothoros to be a sort of colloquial contraction.

Archived