The Lands of Ice and Fire: a new map book out in Oct 2012

Werthead

I'm sure those who've studied up on Dothraki may be able to get a thing or two out of the map that aren't necessarily apparent... *hints*

Well, the only Dothraki thing I've noticed is that Vaes Graddakh place. But I'm more interest in these kingdoms. South of Vaes Graddakh there seem to be a huge "Kingdom(s) of S...". I wonder what it is.

Vaes Graddakh should mean City of Waste/Refuse. Could it be that there could be proto-Dothraki that lives in towns and not in khalasars in the north of Essos. Or it could mean also City of those that refuse. The 3000 of Qohor. Could Vaes Graddakh means Qohor in Dothraki?

I think Qohor is more to the south, isn't it? IIRC it was pretty far from the sea.

Ah, no, it's not Qohor. The name its founders gave it are in parenthesis under the Dothraki name.

I guess you could say Ifeqevron means 'foreigners', in a very simplistic sense. But it has a more specific translation.

Ah, no, it's not Qohor. The name its founders gave it are in parenthesis under the Dothraki name.

I guess you could say Ifeqevron means 'foreigners', in a very simplistic sense. But it has a more specific translation.

Even so, who the hell lives there? What's it like? Is Asshai located there? Damn, GRRM is always introducing new places and keeping them in mystery :lol:

Edit: in the "kingdom of the foreigners" I mean.

The good news is that this part of the Northern border matches the world map released by HBO (http://thewertzone.b...-world-map.html), so we can have an idea of how far in the east it is located.

What intrigues me the most is that there seems to be a huge kingdom we've never heard of near the forest of Qohor. I wonder if Martin is going to include some info about every place on the map.

DaveSumm,

I'm unaware of any additional text... but I suppose there's always room for something brief to be printed from GRRM. Mostly, my understanding is that the box is basically just the housing for it.

Archived