[Spoiler - Jamie 7(Chapter 63)] Marriage between...

Dagos_Rivers

Jamie returns to King's Landing after the death of Joffrey. He speaks to Tywin and tywin tries to persuade Jamie to leave the Kingsguard where he will be heir to Casterly Rock. Tywin then mentions the Tyrell's will want a marriage between Tommen and Margaery but Tywin will try and make a match between Margaery and Jamie.

What do you think the Tyrell's would say to that? At first I was thinking that the Tyrell's would never go for that plan because they want more power and Mace likes the idea of his grandson being a future king. However, perhaps the smarter thing is to rule Casterly Rock which is the richest of the Kingdoms (?) where as King's Landing is 7 Million dragons in debt (after that expensive wedding).

I'm split on the issue. On the one hand, we have the fact that Margaery is twice widowed, which kind of diminishes her value (to put it crudely). Beyond that, both of her husbands have died suddenly and mysteriously, so if the Lannisters really wanted to make a stink about it, they could say that she had something to do with it or perhaps is just unlucky. That would make a match to Jamie incredibly possible.

However, the Tyrells seem to me to be extremely proud and prickly. If the Lannisters were to try an implicate Margaery, they would probably become offended and the Lannisters would no longer have their support. The Tyrells have plenty of riches, so I don't think that would be enough to convince them to drop the pursuit for a crown and go for Casterly Rock instead. Since Tywin has no real argument to force the Tyrells' hand, I have to doubt that it would happen.

Archived