NFL: Tebowmania's Migration

Mack Kilimaro

As was posted in the tail end of the last thread, we've got...

Gregg Williams suspended indefinitely.

Sean Payton suspended for a year.

Fines galore.

Saints lose 2nd round pick in 2012 and 2013.

Oh yeah, and Tim Tebow?

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

He's now El Shitbox's wingman.

From end of other thread:

Still, I would've thought the Jags would offer a 2nd if need be. They really need to sell tickets somehow.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

PS: :bang:

If any of my family say Tebow should be starting at ANY point in the season, I think I'm shunning them for quite a while.

At least I can take comfort in the fact that GRRM agrees with me:

I was drinking my morning coffee when the headline flashed across the bottom of the screen. That sound you heard was me choking and sputtering.

My Jets have given up two perfectly good draft picks for Tim Tebow, the worst quarterback in the National Football League.

Gak.

What the hell are they thinking over there at Gang Green central?

Mark Sanchez is not, as yet, Eli Manning, but he is a talented quarterback with a good arm and he completes more than fifty per cent of his passes, none of which can be said for Tebow. The last thing he needs is a stadium full of Timomaniacs screaming for Tebow every time a pass falls incomplete. The divisions in the Jets locker room last season were well documented. THis is just going to make those problems a thousand times worse.

Nor do I think that Tebow's conspicuous piety will play well in the Big Apple. This is the city that once embraced Broadway Joe. Tebow would fit better in... well, if Branson, Missouri had an NFL team, that would be a perfect fit.

ETA: Just realized that the New York Post is probably wondering what they did recently to deserve such good fortune. They are going to have more fun than should legally be allowed this season.

Bad news guys (except Fez). The Jags are apparently seriously interested in Tebow assuredly based on marching orders from the owner (loving this new trend of Danny Snyders popping up all across Florida) and unless the Jets are willing to get in to a bidding war for him, it's hard to see the Jags losing out on him. After all he'd be a starter there whereas in NY he'd be only be the backup that half the fans want to be a starter. You can't give Sanchez a new contract and then give up big draft picks to bring in Tebow to take his job. That's a Jame Gumb level of schizophrenia right there.

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me.

Santonio Holmes, a still fragile Sanchez, Rex, now Tebow, and Cromartie already complaining about the move, Jets Meltdown 2012 is on course. Clearly the next step is for Rex to assure us that this move will win them the Superbowl.

Kind of in disbelief that the Jaguars couldn't/wouldn't beat the offer of a 4th and a 6th for Tebow. If anybody was gonna sell tickets for them it was gonna be him.

On the other hand, maybe the owner secretly wants to move to Los Angeles so he doesn't particularly want to get increased ticket sales from Tebowmania.

This is a good thing! For me anyway. All this talk of the Packers picking him up. Glad he went to....any team besides the Packers.

Although I think he would make a hell of a tight end. The kid is tough tough tough. A fullback? Anything but a QB...thought if anyone would be able to make him a QB it would be the Pack's coaching staff.

But fuck that.

This is a good thing! For me anyway. All this talk of the Packers picking him up. Glad he went to....any team besides the Packers.

Uh... I don't think there was any talk of the Packers picking him up, was there? Maybe you have been listening to too many talk radio crazies in your neck of the woods. It's ok. Talk radio crazies are crazy everywhere. We won't hold it against Packers fans as a class.

Uh... I don't think there was any talk of the Packers picking him up, was there? Maybe you have been listening to too many talk radio crazies in your neck of the woods. It's ok. Talk radio crazies are crazy everywhere. We won't hold it against Packers fans as a class.

There was reports that the Packers were interested.

Yeah, Pack were definitely considered one of the four interested teams, and at one point were top-two.

Archived