Favorite POV Character

TyrionFan82

I really like Ned's chapters. I liked Ned for a lot of reasons, he was...a different presence in KL and that was interesting. I liked his investigation of Jon Arryn's murder, but do admit he did things that I wanted to say....AHH Ned....don't do that. I also liked Jon, Tryion, and Arya as well for what they each brought. I couldn't stand Sansa though.

I loved Arya right from the beginning. Unlike Sansa who listens to the Septa and tries hard to be a lady, Arya's just a free spirit who does what she wants without fear of what others think of her. Oh, I also loved Ned for hiring Syrio Forel to train her. For a while, I wasn't too crazy about Sansa, but toward the end, I really felt for her when she pleaded for mercy on her father.

Hmm, I also like Jon Snow for wanting to make something of his life and going to the Wall.

Arya and Bran.

I don't like reading Catelyn's much. For some reason, there are a lot of paragraph descibing surrroundings in Catelyn's chapters. So much I found them annoying at times.

ICAM. There does seem a lot of description of the landscape and I'm not saying it's not important, because in the Eyrie it is, but it kinda takes you out of the story for a minute. I'm still on the fence about Catelyn. She's done things I agree with and things I haven't so I'm going to wait a few books till I make a final decision, but I can say at least for AGOT she made some real boneheaded choices she got stuck in.

That awkward moment when you're not sure anymore who is a POV character in the first volume and who isn't. That's what I get for reading the first four books in one go :blushing: *wikies it*

Arya's chapters were interesting. I liked them most when they were put close to Sansa's chapters because you really got a good feeling of how different the sisters are.

But my overall favorite POV's are probably Jon's and Tyrion. Jon for having an interesting story and whatnot and Tyrion is just a really fun character.

I really like Ned's chapters. I liked Ned for a lot of reasons, he was...a different presence in KL and that was interesting. I liked his investigation of Jon Arryn's murder, but do admit he did things that I wanted to say....AHH Ned....don't do that

His chapters are much more intriguing in Clash, one of the better POVs

In the first book I did not care for Ned or Catelyn at all. They both make too many decisions that frustrated me.

Bran's chapter was the one that hooked me on the story. Before then I wasn't sure if I really cared at all what happened to anyone. I wouldn't say his chapters are the greatest but for I have a soft spot for him.

Dany was definitely my favorite chapters. From reading the first book I felt like everything in the Seven Kingdoms was filler and Dany's was the only important story. That was weird because her story is definitely the least intertwined with the others. I think that's really unusual I never read a book like that. I think the first book is the one that stands by itself the best, and Dany's chapters in it could stand as their own story.

In the first book I did not care for Ned or Catelyn at all. They both make too many decisions that frustrated me.

Bran's chapter was the one that hooked me on the story. Before then I wasn't sure if I really cared at all what happened to anyone. I wouldn't say his chapters are the greatest but for I have a soft spot for him.

Dany was definitely my favorite chapters. From reading the first book I felt like everything in the Seven Kingdoms was filler and Dany's was the only important story. That was weird because her story is definitely the least intertwined with the others. I think that's really unusual I never read a book like that. I think the first book is the one that stands by itself the best, and Dany's chapters in it could stand as their own story.

You say this only because you relate to her and you see yourself as her :P

For me, Tyrion was the most interesting, funny and witty. And his part only got better in the second and third books. My second favorite was Jon, only because he gave you such an outsiders perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

Arya's chapter.. My favorite part of GOT is when Arya is crying about how NO ONE did anything to prevent Mycah's death. How she realizes that not even her father, nor Jory or anyone who she tought would step up at the time didnt. She ust have the best personality in the novel.

I also like the chapter with Syrio Forel. I found it very entertaining, and a fresh reading from all the plot that was going on.

In GOT my favorites are Arya, Tyrion, and Dany (not so much in CoK). They were very interesting to me.

Dany started out as this little girl who really didn't have a voice of her own, and had to obey her brother for fear of "waking the dragon." But, she finally grew a spine (due to her title as Khaleesi, and an undeafeated, Dothraki, warrior husband, I think) and stood up to Viserys.

Arya is just a free spirit who doesn't want to be caged by the traditional gender roles. I love how she's willing to think outside the 4 castle walls (metaphorically).

Tyrion...at this point, do I really need to say more? lol

In GoT, Arya, Jon and Tyrion, like almost everyone else, it seems.

But I just have to say it: I cannot stand Dany. She drives me around the bend. I feel like everything she does in GoT is to please a man: first Viserys, then Drogo. For me, she only comes into her own at the very, very end. It's not her fault, she's a scared girl trying to make sense of this world she's been thrust into, which is fine, but as a character in GoT, she drives me crazier than Sansa does.

I like her better later, just not in GoT.

Archived