Favorite POV Character

TyrionFan82

Always eager when coming across Tyrion, Jon, or Arya.

Agree with Dany - great characterization, plot, and obstacles to overcome, but GRRM doesn't seem to have crafted a voice for her unlike the other POVs.

Seems like lots dislike Cat and Sansa. Don't disregard them so quickly. Cat stands apart as a contrast to Ned's chapters. We get to see her childhood past which was the complete opposite of the role and environment she inhabits now.

Sansa is easy to gloss over, as she's just some teenybopper fawning over Knights and Joffery. But her POV voice is filled with this fear of falling out of line, of saying the wrong words. She's got to walk on her tip-toes as a lady of the court and a diplomat, bridging the bonds of two families. She cannot fck up, not even once.

Im always exited when it says "Daenerys". (im only talking about the first book) but its the dragons for me. In the first book she is almost the only one with any kind of "supernatural" stuff, and its always intresting. And i do find the dothraki very intresting as well :)

• 2 months later...

In AGOT (as well all the others books) my favorite POV is Bran.

It's sad there are a lot of people who dont like his pov. :unsure:

I find it the most fascinating. It is in his POV we learn most of the things about the North and the House Stark.

And he's a pretty interesting kid. Bran knows people. He is not a kid to be foolished. He knows how to listen and how to speak with people. He's a endearing child. I'm really fond of his character! ^_^

Also, of all the Stark kids, I find his relationship with his direwolf, Summer, the most interesting. And the characters around him are always nice too (Ser Rodrik, Maester Luwin, Osha, Hodor, Jojen & Meera). :wub:

Martin says Bran's chapters are the most difficult to write for he is too young (barely 7 years in AGOT IIRC), but he made a wonderful job.

Love Jon, you really get inside his head. He's got a lot of pent up feelings from being the "bastard" in Cat's eyes, but not the rest of the family.

He has questions about his birth mother as well. He's the one who knows the direwolves are meant for the Stark children, even before he realizes one IS meant for him (the one that's different). He is a very strong and loyal character.

My other favorite is Dany. Not sure why all the hate is out there. She is also alone, yet strong and loyal. I just know she' going to figure in huge at the end of the series. I see Dany and Jon teaming up= Fire and Ice!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

As I've noticed with most people, it's hard to pick one...but I'll try to list the ones I enjoyed most to least, and only out of AGOT:

Prologue-That's what got me hooked. Read it in the school's English lounge, asked a freind if I could borrow it, he even let me keep it.

Jon-He's an older brother and so am I. He is trying to make a life for himself without the ties of being Ned's Bastard. (Please don't mention theories.)

Tyrion- What more do you need?

Arya- She's like the sister I wish I had instead of the one who can't shut up about a certain boy band I will not name.

Eddard- He's like the guy we all want to be like but probably never can.

Bran and Dany- Sometimes a nice cut away from the scheming and deception was nice, and Dany because I was psyched when Drogo said that he was going to Westoros. You can imagine my dissapointment when certain events happened, also loved the last chapter. (I didn't like her chapters in ACOK)

Catlyn-Ok, didn't really like her as a character mostly because of how she treated Jon. He's a bastard, it's not his fault to why blame him? She also chewed him out when he came to say goodbye to Bran. (How she talks about him in ASOS is worse, but I won't go into that.) Plus she did make the stupid decision of trusting Littlefinger.

Sansa- As with Tyrion, what more do I need to say? She's like the sister I do have, but I will admit her chapters in latter books are better.

Archived