Favorite POV Character

TyrionFan82

I've only just started the second book, so I'll confine my choices to the first one (as is the wont of this thread), but maybe it'll change in future.

I have to say that all the PoVs were interesting in their own way, although I did feel Bran's to be the weakest, but still had its moments. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Jon Snow and Sansa's PoVs, because I'm not really a fan of their characters in the actual show. Mind you, I suppose I shoudln't be that surprised, because books allow the fleshing out of the character, getting into their minds and what they see, etc, which is hard, if not impossible, for a TV series or film to do. But if I were to choose whose PoV I enjoyed the most, it was Catelyn's. Not because of her character as such, but because so much happened within her parts. Eddard was very close behind.

Jon Snow and Arya Stark.

Jon, because I felt like I could relate to his character, to his story. I really like his chapters because he has a refreshing view on life, plus I love any and all chapters at the Wall. He would be my favourite character of the entire series.

Arya, because she too is something else. I love how she is the opposite of Sansa in almost every way, and though I do like Sansa, I find Arya's chapters more interesting, as the tomboy who doesn't want to bow down and be a lady, her chapters are both captivating and entertaining.

Arya is my favourite. I love her voice. Once in a while she says/thinks/describes the most hilarous stuff without even noticing that she's funny. She serves it in auch a dry subtile way that I sometimes have to go over the line again before I burst out laughing. I love her temper and attitude and of course I also love her story. She had the most interesting journey imo. which includes hanging out with many really cool minor characters...Yoren, Hot Pie, Jaqen, Gendry, Brotherhood, Sandor, Kindly Man. Also we see many characters who become important later on first through her eyes. I'm just basicly in love with her... don't care that she is a girl and barely 12^^

Jaime...I hate and love that he has done that one terrible thing that dooms him since forever when in fact he was the only one who was thinking clearly. I mean no one ever will miss Aerys the Mad king! Bran on the other hand...he really is a flawed character but I think he deserves redamption, because he's better and kinder than most characters. He has a gentle heart and really everything he does is for love. He's an untterly romantic and he just needs to get loose from his evil twin. Also he and Tyrion have much in common regarding humor. I enjoy his POV very much.

Brienne....How can you not love Brienne? She's just good and so fragile on the inside but without being annoying which makes her unique! I'm so unlike her in every possible way which makes her all the more fascinating to me. Reading about her insecurity always breaks my heart and I get so protective of her. I can't understand her all the time but I admire her and in contrast to Stannis who is also a very righteous person Brienne has a big big heart and is so loyal. It makes her just loveable and I don't believe that she will kill Jaime. She has figured out a masterplan. Otherwise she would have taken the rope.

Tyrion...well he's just generally fun to read. He's quick witted and cunning and I love good scheming. He seems just like the best guy to call when you want to get yourself seriously drunk and have deep conversation about live and art. Also he's just so lovely vulgar. And even though he isn't the happiest person in the world he has a certain kindness to him. I really think Jaime and Tyrion are more simliar than they know.

Also i'm really growing fond of Sansa. Can't what happens with her story. And I totally became a sucker for Theon's chapters in Dance. His storyline was addictive. You go through hell with him and it's amazing how fearful I became of Ramsay. Really the chapters kept my heart punping quickly.

I like to read about Jon Snow and Arya. Arya is brave and fair girl. And she doesn't divide people into "nobility" and "rabble". She hit Joffrey, because he wanted to kill Mycah. So, and I can't stand Sansa, when Arya is the polar opposite of her.

Jon doesn't want to go south and it is a positive surprise for me. I like Jon's chapters, 'cos the Wall, Night Watch and wildings are more interesting for me than palace intrigues. Jon himself is purposeful and he seems to me more old than Robb, while the age difference between them is not big.

For AGoT, Arya and Dany have my favorite chapters. In A Clash of Kings I would swap out Dany for Tyrion and Davos, but that is beside the point.

Arya had the most heartbreaking chapter I had read up to that point towards the end of the novel. Her very last chapter, where she is roaming through Flea Bottom. It wasn't even the big event of that chapter that led to this depressed state (I pretty much saw that coming), it was simply the description of life in Flea Bottom and the things Arya had to do and think in order to cope with it. My mind was blown, and not in an entirely good way.

Oh , i forgot some people's name were POV in this book...

well in GoT i enjoyed Arya,Ned,Jon and of course Tyrion (although in the second book , i must tell you his POVs are even better!!). Also i liked Bran especially at the start!

• 4 weeks later...

Dany. How she turned from a scared little girl into a khaleesi. When I read her first chapters I had shivers.

I did not like Arya's chapters. That is strange because Arya is one of the most popular character and we have quite many things in common.

She was just too... "ideal". Everybody would like to be like Arya. Maybe it was some kind of jealousy? :). Also the contrast between Arya and Sansa annoyed me.

Tyrion's POVs were also interesting, Ned's as well.

Archived