Favorite POV Character

TyrionFan82

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is a tie between Ned and Catelyn. Their chapters were filled with some of the most heartfelt scenes. I completely loved reading about Ned’s experience in King’s Landing, as he was truly an honest man in a pit full of vipers.

Through Catelyn’s journey, I witnessed the pain of a wife and mother that longed for her complete family back at home. From Catelyn’s viewpoint, I saw her true strength emerge as she became the rock of House Stark during such troubling circumstances.

As a side note, I also fell in love with Jon’s chapters also. Jon and Jeor Mormont’s relationship nearly brought tears to my eyes.

I love Tyrion for his wit and wisdom, Arya for her untamed emotions, and Ned for his honor, but Jon is my favorite, and not just because my cat's name is Jon Snow. I love how vulnerable Jon feels, yet it's an emotion he mostly hides. I enjoy the angst. It's endearing. I can't wait to watch him grow over the course of the books.

My favorite was Ned's POV because he was involved in the main plot about who killed Jon Arryn and the Lannister conspiracy and all the courtly intrigue. I also liked Tyrion's chapters because they were funny if nothing else. My least favorite were Jon and Dany. I just found them too boring; don't care about the NW or wildlings and Dany is not a compelling character. Everyone else is somewhere in between.

Only half way through GoT and il have to say jon and aryas POVs are the most exciting, jon through interest seen as an outsiders looking in sort of thing. Arya because she is just a typical 'kid' so to speak haha.

Also il have to admit I do like catelyn too which makes me in the minority so it seems haha.

First post too so hello :)

Tyrion, Jaime and Jon are the characters who make me want to read on every single time. The other characters have more variation in how interested I am in their chapters. Arya, for example, is great in ACOK and ASOS (Especially ASOS), but get's boring in AFFC and ADWD.

Archived