Favorite POV Character

TyrionFan82

Arya's and Sansa's were quite interesting. At the time, I was not a fan of Sansa (oh, how times change) but the POVs from two very young, somewhat naive characters in a world so wrought with betrayal, their take on things were interesting. It preserved that sense of innocence in the first book, when the world was not unlike Robert - fat, lazy and ultimately unproductive, but safe.

I really enjoyed Jon's POVs, more so than I did in future books. The Night's Watch was mystifying, and Jon's adjustment to this entirely new way of life was quite intriguing.

I'm not proud of it, but on my first read I skipped a chapter or two from Bran. I just found his chapters dragged on for far, far longer than they needed to. :blushing:

Arya's and Sansa's were quite interesting. At the time, I was not a fan of Sansa (oh, how times change) but the POVs from two very young, somewhat naive characters in a world so wrought with betrayal, their take on things were interesting. It preserved that sense of innocence in the first book, when the world was not unlike Robert - fat, lazy and ultimately unproductive, but safe.

I really enjoyed Jon's POVs, more so than I did in future books. The Night's Watch was mystifying, and Jon's adjustment to this entirely new way of life was quite intriguing.

I'm not proud of it, but on my first read I skipped a chapter or two from Bran. I just found his chapters dragged on for far, far longer than they needed to. :blushing:

The Bran thing is interesting, I was so bored with his chapters reading for the 1st time, but during my re-read he was one of the best for me, all his chapters are so action pact(including the dreamy ones):)

The Bran thing is interesting, I was so bored with his chapters reading for the 1st time, but during my re-read he was one of the best for me, all his chapters are so action pact(including the dreamy ones):)

Exactly! Initially they seem the most dull, but upon re-reading you realise that Bran's dream-fueled chapters are ripe with foreshadowing.

Exactly! Initially they seem the most dull, but upon re-reading you realise that Bran's dream-fueled chapters are ripe with foreshadowing.

Yes! It probably has to do something with me reading other 2 books, and also not paing a lot of attention to him. So now when I think he is an important character with an interesting features and life path which nobody else does Im so focused on him and his chapters that it surprise even myself :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the first book: Tyrion as POV plus - yes! - Littlefinger als non-POV. I just love smart chars with sharp wits. Littlefinger lost some points, when he betrayed Ned. I admit I was really shocked, I didn't want to believe it, though I knew he has to be taken with a huge grain of salt.  

Of course, I also liked Arya very much - you've just got to like her. And as a non-POV Syrio Forel.

The POV most annoying for me was Daenerys. This perpetual "I'm the blood of the dragon"-stuff really ticked me off. And, yes, I hated Viserys - unless I saw him in the TV-series - since he's one of my favourites and Harry Lloyd became surely my favourite actor, he's just brilliant!

In the second book there was almost solely secondary chars which fascinated me most:

Spoiler

1. Meera and Jojen Reed! because they're a bit otherworldly. The Neck reminds me somewhat of the Cajuns in the swamps of Louisiana...

2. Ygritte, Osha, Asha, Brienne - plain woman power plus wits and visceral wisdom

3. Tyrion best POV forever! so sad that he's been maimed still more... :(

4. Jaqen H'gar, Qhorin Halfhand (I admit that I couldn't blink back my tears at the end...)

5. Arya as POV (the girl is dynamite - she captured Harrenhal (almost) all alone, while her big brother keeps on fighting with an entire host! *lol*)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I actually liked Sansa. Not for what occurred during her chapters. Arya, Tyrion, and Bran were more interesting in that respect. But in terms of character voice, Sansa being so trusting and petty, telling a complex story through her eyes is quite an undertaking. Sansa offers us an opportunity to see how conniving everyone else is, and to see how a child's innocence gets trashed. Out of anyone in aGoT, I'm curious to see what happens to Sansa.

I enjoy Catelyn's chapters the most in AGOT because she is the most complicated character. She can be very intelligent - like when she realises that the Looking Glass means see better, and really stupid like going to King's Landing to find out who used the knife (and revealing herself to the Tyroshi galley captain). She can be really noble but also a complete bitch (ask John). She seems to be under tremendous pressure being the only Southron lady in Winterfell amongst such a singular family and that is only intensified during the book. Some of the decisions she makes are absolutely massive in the grand scheme of things. 

• 1 month later...

Archived