Favorite POV Character

TyrionFan82

I enjoy Tyrion and Arya's chapters the most, probably because I can relate to them the most. I like Danny's chapters and how the events going on in Essos contrast with the rest of the POV characters, reading about the Dothraki and their oily braids and Illyrio's shiny jeweled rings. Reading the Eddard chapters is interesting in seeing Ned having to adjust to a new environment in his ongoing investigation of the Jon Arryn murder plot.

It's been interesting how re-reading the book in Chinese has made my dislikes stand out even more. Reading through some of Catelyn's chapters  is like wading through a bog.  Jon's chapters are pretty hit and miss for me. I don't really like the character Sansa, but so far her chapters have been pretty fun to read.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, on a negative note, the warging is the worst for me, so anyone who doesn't is a plus lol  Sorry love Jon and Bran as characters but now that Jon is dead and likely warging bracing myself for it!!!  Hated that prologue with that warg guy; granted he was not a very likeable character in my opinion but please, George, we know they have the ability but 3 pages on them being wolves???  I guess I cannot connect with my inner animal or whatever but yes, I like the warging as a concept but the description... I oftentimes skip it!

• 1 month later...

Well ngl I cheated and read all of Sansa's chapters throughout the series before even picking up the first book. So the real surprise when I finally /did/ read it was Dany and to a lesser extent Ned. 

I know a lot of people on these forums hate on both of them but I love them. Daenerys for her perseverance and Ned for his love of family and martyrdom. 

• 1 month later...

My favorite are the Eddard POVs.  I love how impatient he is with everyone's games and wordplay.  Just wants everything and everyone to be straight forward and to the point.  That is kind of like myself.

I chuckle at these moments

" The question of who might win the tourney interested Eddard Stark not in the least."

He had no patience with this game they played, this dueling with words”

"He had no taste for these intrigues, but he was beginning to realize that they were meat and mead to a man like Littlefinger"

"He wishes he (Clever Lannister) were here now so he can wrankle the truth out of this damnable book" (something like that).

If I had to pick one overall I suppose it would be Jon Snow. It really depends on which book to be honest. 

A Game of Thrones - Eddard Stark

A Clash of Kings - Tyrion Lannister 

A Storm of Swords - Jon Snow

A Feast for Crows - Jaime Lannister 

A Dance with Dragons - Jon Snow

My overall favorite? SANSA. She's at the centre of all the juicy politicking, she herself is an interesting character, and her growth and journey is so well done. I get that she was annoying in AGOT, but she grew past that, and she shows empathy and kindness even after being through so much. So proud of her :') 

Second, Catelyn. I like her intelligence, even though she does make me groan with her decisions at times, and I can understand her world weary attitude.

Depends on each book it seems.

In AGOT: probably Eddard. His whole perspective was interesting and as you go down the theory rabbet hole for later books, his books have a lot of important inner monologue. 

ACOK: I like both Bran's and Arya's. Bran's story in general I think is really cool and interesting, hopefully it stays on course.

ASOS: IDK. There were soooo many good ones. I liked Tyrion's and Sansa's. Brans was still pretty good too. Arya's was still interesting.

AFFC: Cersei's chapters were amazing to me. I really liked getting into her head. Brianne's was probably up there too. In general, I really liked this book but that's probably because I don't care for Dany's or Jon's chapters so I was happy to not read them.....

ADWD: I liked Tyrion's point of view with all of this. Also I really enjoy reading about Euron and all of the Ironborn. So that's great chapters as well.

I know most people like Jon and Dany but I never could get into their characters. No idea why.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably Arianne, Jaimie, Tyrion and interestingly enough Daenerys (who I dislike in the series). I also loved Catelyn because her POVS made me sad and emotional and Sansa/Cersei for the KL exposition (since I love The Tyrells in the books). 

My least favorite one has to be Arya though, her story is th only one that drags a lot for me, especially in ACOK and ASOS.

My favourites in every book:

AGOT: Ned, Dany and Bran

ACOK:  Arya, Sansa and Cat

ASOS: Jaime, Sansa and Arya

AFFC: Brienne, Jaime and Cersei

ADWD: Theon, Jon and Bran

My most constant favourite POV's are Sansa, Arya and Jaime.

Only sticking to AGOT...

When it comes to POV characters, my favorite has to Eddard, followed by Arya. These two are among my top10 favorite characters in the books.

When it comes to POV chapters, Eddard again comes on top (15 great chapters, really no filler), followed by Catelyn (11 chapters, this is pure gold after she kidnapped Tyrion) and the Dwarf himself (9 chapters, roughly 3 in the North, 3 in captivity and 3 at war; his later chapters are quintessential).

Archived