How far are you into ACOK?

TyrionFan82

For those reading it for the first time, how far are you into it? I'd like to make a thread were we can discuss it w/o spoiling it for those who aren't done and maybe speculating on what's going to happen. I'm 500 pages in, but still think there's a lot of room for speculation w/the different plots.

I'm about 250 pages in. I love it so far and all the chapters have been with great POV characters so far.

And by the way....Varys is an unbelievable character. Every piece of dialogue he has is superb. I am also a huge fan of Littlefinger.

I'm in page 574, and I'm having some trouble getting into the Dany chapters since she hasn't really done anything up to this point in this book. The chapters in Westeros, on the other hand, fly by like ambers in the wind. I just love these books, can't wait till I get to ASoS!

I'm in page 574, and I'm having some trouble getting into the Dany chapters since she hasn't really done anything up to this point in this book. The chapters in Westeros, on the other hand, fly by like ambers in the wind. I just love these books, can't wait till I get to ASoS!

ICAM. I just ordered ASoS on Amazon and was disappointed it'll take so long to get to me lol. At least the show starts tonight :).

Just past the scene at the House of the Undying.

Also, several of the earlier chapters (i.e early Tyrion chapters) seem to be a bit more confusing the the rest of the chapters.

And don't get me started on the endless names...

I started reading yesterday and I am about 150 pages in at the moment, but I am reading constanty, and listening to the audio book when I'm cleaning/cooking etc.

I am completely addicted.

Luckily they also have A Storm of Swords at my local library. After that I will have to go hunting.

I'm a little more than halfway through.

I was in shock when Renly died, but since we know the Red Priestess was with Stannis at the time, I'm kind of not surprised about what Catelyn saw. Anyway, just finished the Bran chapter where Jojen tells Bran he's a warg after hearing about the wolf dreams.

By the way, Linaria, where did you get the audio book?

I'm a little more than halfway through.

I was in shock when Renly died, but since we know the Red Priestess was with Stannis at the time, I'm kind of not surprised about what Catelyn saw. Anyway, just finished the Bran chapter where Jojen tells Bran he's a warg after hearing about the wolf dreams.

By the way, Linaria, where did you get the audio book?

I got it from The Pirate Bay, I have to admit. There was no where else to find the books during the easter holiday when I got addicted.

I am now 770 pages in. It's getting exciting,

but I really want some more Dany action!

She is my fav character, but she has not been up to much in this book. Hoping for more in the next one!

Just curiuous....how long has your reading taken you? Once I open the book each day to read I can't put it down lol. I'm probably a week away from being done w/the 3rd and honestly can't wait until the next. I think it took me about 2 weeks to get through ACOK, same more or less w/AGOT. Thing is I can't wait to reach each book, but at the same thing think oh when I'm done I'll have to wait x # of years unti the next book.

Just curiuous....how long has your reading taken you? Once I open the book each day to read I can't put it down lol. I'm probably a week away from being done w/the 3rd and honestly can't wait until the next. I think it took me about 2 weeks to get through ACOK, same more or less w/AGOT. Thing is I can't wait to reach each book, but at the same thing think oh when I'm done I'll have to wait x # of years unti the next book.

I read AGOT in about a week (easter holiday). and ACOK in about ten days.

Linaria-

I'm sure you are already finished with ACOK, but the last two Dany chapters are exciting, especially one of the two. She actually does something of worth, which is a change from what she was doing for the vast majority of the book.

I feel that is very similar to the Jon snow storyline.

Archived