Who could Patrick Stewart play?

Sarnius

i agree he would have been an awesome tywin

but of the people still to be cast i know he is to old but i always imagined oberyn to look like a younger patrick stewart

I think Charles D. nailed tywin even better then stewart could have. He was PERFECT.

I think the problem with him as the Kindly Man is that Patrick Stewart seems best when he's carrying heavy emotions. The Kindly Man is so eccentric because he never really seems to get mad, or happy, but rather recites his part as things slowly turn into place. Patrick Stewart speaking so softly is not what he's particularly good at. Feel free to prove me wrong though, Mr. Stewart ^_^

• 2 months later...

Sigh. He would have been a great Barristan. Stannis as second choice. I don't think there's a role large enough for him, though.

Agreed on all accounts. However, if they can get him in the show--even for a cameo. I hope they do. I think if they went for him as a villain/anti-hero it might be interesting though. I vote me start a "Cast Patrick Stewart as the Red Viper" campaign. It's likely a late S3 or S4 character, so it could happen. Maybe.

I'd really like to see him in as well. He definitely could act down to the role he was given.

I remember him I Claudius, too. That was such a great show. PS plays a great villain. Loved him in Conspiracy Theory.

OT - not happy about DIana Rigg as Olenna. I would much rather have seen Linda Hunt or Felicity Kendal.

Archived