(TWOW Spoilers) Gold shall be their crowns, and gold their shrouds...

DornishKnight

People have asked the question of how Myrcella could rule under present circumstances. The "Tyrell v. Martell v. Lannister" thread got me thinking, Myrcella is in Dorne's hands!

Now, Arianne is headed to Aegon who is currently doing well in his invasion. What if... Arianne arranges a marriage between Aegon and Mrycella?

Why Myrcella, you ask? Why not Arriane?

Because if Arriane proposes this, then Dorne is already automatically close to Aegon's camp. A political marriage with Myrcella could help turn more lords to him and give him a bit of legitimacy (a joining of the usurper's and the dragon's house would be a big shock). It could help bring more Stormlords (with whatever they have left) to join him willingly (her name IS Baratheon, after all), It could help divide or at least undermine the Westerlands (Lannister v. Lannister), AND it would be an olive branch to the houses. In other words, "It doesn't matter what you did against my family in the past, I married the offspring of the usurper and the family who brutally murdered my sister and mother. I bring peace to all who refuse to resist me."

Now Myrcella likes and trusts Arianne. So, if this happens, imagine what it would do to Cersei... :devil:

• 3 weeks later...

Sure - why not.

How about Arianne conducts steamy affair with Aegon with a view to marrying him herself, thinking it would be best for House Martell.

Doran recognises the relative strategic advantages you propose above and arranges the marriage to Myrcella instead behind Arianne's back.

Arianne then runs away with Aegon, gets ambused by Areo Hotah (who beheads Aegon) and Darkstar cuts off Myrcellas other ear... :-)

Sure - why not.

How about Arianne conducts steamy affair with Aegon with a view to marrying him herself, thinking it would be best for House Martell.

Doran recognises the relative strategic advantages you propose above and arranges the marriage to Myrcella instead behind Arianne's back.

Arianne then runs away with Aegon, gets ambused by Areo Hotah (who beheads Aegon) and Darkstar cuts off Myrcellas other ear... :-)

I take it you're not a Dornish fan?

I like these theories. Because i seriously doubt Daenerys will come to Westeros. Her Dragons might but not her. Because she has never seen Westeros, doesn't know anything about Westeros except what Viserys told her and doesn't know much.

I don't think Aegon will marry Arianne because i think he has the loyalty of Dorne no matter what because he is the nephew of Doran Martell and the son of Elia. Myrcella might be a good choice or maybe Sansa because she could bring with her the Riverlands and the North.

I like it too, but didnt Doran already send back Myrcella to King's Landing... so too late for a marriage with Aegon.

maybe Sansa because she could bring with her the Riverlands and the North.

And maybe even the Vale.

Don't forget though that Jon Connington will have a lot to say/influence with regard to an Aegon marriage. It would be difficult for him to swallow Aegon marrying into house Baratheon, the house that destroyed everything JonCon loved.In fact, I think the only way Aegon doesn't follow JonCon's counsel is if Aegon falls in love with someone he sees during his warring, be it Sansa, Arianne, or Jeyne Westerling. It could be Myrcella, I admit I am fuzzy where everyone is positioned geographically.

Aegon is (purported to be) Arianne’s first cousin. Would that be a plus or minus?

I don’t think it would rule out any potential nuptials there, but I still thing Aegon’s “saving himself” for his (purported) aunt, Dany.

Yes, ok: cousin marriage isn’t particularly rare, either in our own world or in Westeros. Consider Tywin and Joanna.

These inbred relationship are so weird. Tommen and Myrcella should call Jaime “Uncle-Daddy”. Gilly’s son should refer to Crastor as “Grandpa-Daddy”. And I can’t even begin to figure out what Daeron II Targaryen and Daemon I Blackfyre should call each other; even if they aren’t brothers, they’re closer than normal brothers genetically.

People have asked the question of how Myrcella could rule under present circumstances. The "Tyrell v. Martell v. Lannister" thread got me thinking, Myrcella is in Dorne's hands!

Now, Arianne is headed to Aegon who is currently doing well in his invasion. What if... Arianne arranges a marriage between Aegon and Mrycella?

Because if Arriane proposes this, then Dorne is already automatically close to Aegon's camp. A political marriage with Myrcella could help turn more lords to him and give him a bit of legitimacy (a joining of the usurper's and the dragon's house would be a big shock). It could help bring more Stormlords (with whatever they have left) to join him willingly (her name IS Baratheon, after all), It could help divide or at least undermine the Westerlands (Lannister v. Lannister), AND it would be an olive branch to the houses. In other words, "It doesn't matter what you did against my family in the past, I married the offspring of the usurper and the family who brutally murdered my sister and mother. I bring peace to all who refuse to resist me."

Now Myrcella likes and trusts Arianne. So, if this happens, imagine what it would do to Cersei... :devil:

Does Myrcella really bring anything to the table anymore? A marriage to Arianne, the heir-apparent to Prince Doran, gives Aegon a far surer claim on Dorne's loyalty and support, and even Aegon's status as the nephew of Prince Doran serves him better with Dorne than a marriage to a Baratheon daughter who the Martells happen to hold. Myrcella's claim to any Stormlord's loyalty is tenuous at best - Tommen is Robert's heir, and those who doubt Tommen's legitimacy have turned to Stannis as Robert's rightful heir. Myrcella is a daughter, which isn't nearly as important outside of Dorne. That also ruins her claims on the loyalties of whatever remains of the Lannister strength - and that was described as "melting away" in the Riverlands, with Tywin and now Kevan dead.

"It doesn't matter what you did against my family in the past, I married the offspring of the usurper and the family who brutally murdered my sister and mother. I bring peace to all who refuse to resist me."

But if he portrays this idea then people would be more obliged to question his legitimacy as Rhaegar's son, because if you think about it, why would Rhaegar's son marry Robert's daughter,

as much as I would like your theory to be true but it still seems a bit too good for life.

I don't think aegon even intest to marry her.

I think myrcella meeting aegon will be her scariest moment.

she will beg for her live and even ask for anything just to spare her, she might even play the incest card or even plead to arianne to say a good word for her.

only to find out aegon never intends to kill her

I don't think aegon even intest to marry her.

I think myrcella meeting aegon will be her scariest moment.

she will beg for her live and even ask for anything just to spare her, she might even play the incest card or even plead to arianne to say a good word for her.

only to find out aegon never intends to kill her

I think that some details in this picture are a little bit too melodramatic :)

Besides, correct me if I am wrong but there is no proof that Myrcella has even heard of a possibility of Robert not being her father.

I think that some details in this picture are a little bit too melodramatic :)

Besides, correct me if I am wrong but there is no proof that Myrcella has even heard of a possibility of Robert not being her father.

be in myrcella shoes. you're thown into a court of Strangers.

Headed by the grandson of a deposed King. your grandfather ordered the death of him and his sister and his mother died too.

and your offical father smiled as he saw the corpses (ok this not public knowledge but thinkable)

I think myrcella has every right to be melodramatic (she wants to live)

stannis wrote every lord in the Seven kingdoms. and she might heard the gossip (myrcella isn't as stupid as joffrey)

Aegon was told by Jon connington that above all, Dorne must support them or all hope of taking the Iron Throne is lost. If Marcylla does not make it past Aegon's forces on her way back to King's Landing, The Lannisters are really in a tough jam. Tommen cannot sire kids and she is a hostage. From Aegon's perspective, she is illegit, why let her through to Kings Landing? On the other hand, Dorne is protecting her under their rules of guest rights, this will extend to the guards taking her home. Diplomatically, Dorne may be placed in a tough space but i think they will openly declare and Marcylla will never see her mommy again. My guess is she lives another book but Tommen will probably died before the end of TWOW.

Archived